I received a few PMs recently about going to Mount Kinabalu and climbing it so I'm posting this thread specially for people who are interested in climbing to the summit of Mount Kinabalu. I'm planning to go during the december period, either before or after Christmas. Here are a few facts:
1) Height: 13,500 feet
2) I've personally climbed Mount Kinabalu before
3) Its a really beautiful place
4) I'm only 18 yrs old so you might have to bear with me.
5) Some of you have mentioned that its the raining season during that time but it really doesn't matter because you are going into a tropical zone and rain is always there so don't worry about the rain, and the rain will disappear at 8000 feet and above.
5) There is so much flora and fauna there to shoot that you'd probably run out of memory or film before getting to the top so you'll have to stockpile!
I hope to get a number of people to go with me to climb the mountain and the number of people will decide on the number of days we will stay there I guess. I hope to stay there at least 4 days and at most 1 week or more.
Here's a list and for those of you interested in the trip please leave your name here:
I really hope we can go as a medium sized group up to the summit of Kinabalu! I'll put in more details if anybody is interested. The last time I climbed up Kinabalu my camera's shutter did not work because not enough battery . So I really want to go back and experience it again.
Thank you and best regards,