Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Chicken Pox! anyone kena before and still kena once again?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Chicken Pox! anyone kena before and still kena once again?

    As title, anyone so suay?

    i kena once when i was 15. took 1 week to recover. missed 1 week worth of school and from then on, never like maths. kekeke


    my father kena it once when he was a young man but yesterday he kena chicken pox again.

    wonder if i will tio? i must not kena it again as this is a very busy and difficult time of the work year.


    does the chicken pox vaccination works? how much is a jab?
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Chicken Pox! anyone kena before and still kena once again?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    As title, anyone so suay?

    i kena once when i was 15. took 1 week to recover. missed 1 week worth of school and from then on, never like maths. kekeke


    my father kena it once when he was a young man but yesterday he kena chicken pox again.

    wonder if i will tio? i must not kena it again as this is a very busy and difficult time of the work year.


    does the chicken pox vaccination works? how much is a jab?
    yea, my friend kena it the second time at 40+ yo. more troublesome at that age.
    get well soon!

  3. #3
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Chicken Pox! anyone kena before and still kena once again?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes View Post
    yea, my friend kena it the second time at 40+ yo. more troublesome at that age.
    get well soon!
    thank you!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  4. #4
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Chicken Pox! anyone kena before and still kena once again?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes View Post
    yea, my friend kena it the second time at 40+ yo. more troublesome at that age.
    get well soon!
    thank you!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  5. #5

    Default Re: Chicken Pox! anyone kena before and still kena once again?

    I once asked the doctor when I was young like what are the chances of getting chix pox twice and he answered 2%. Your dad is the first person I heard gotten twice...

    Back to topic, I think answers to your questions lies here.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Chicken Pox! anyone kena before and still kena once again?

    Quote Originally Posted by virtualme78 View Post
    I once asked the doctor when I was young like what are the chances of getting chix pox twice and he answered 2%. Your dad is the first person I heard gotten twice...

    Back to topic, I think answers to your questions lies here.
    thanks fren!

    now the only question is how ex it is to get the vaccination done.... in shiny singapore.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  7. #7
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Chicken Pox! anyone kena before and still kena once again?

    Quote Originally Posted by virtualme78 View Post
    I once asked the doctor when I was young like what are the chances of getting chix pox twice and he answered 2%. Your dad is the first person I heard gotten twice...

    Back to topic, I think answers to your questions lies here.
    thanks fren!

    now the only question is how ex it is to get the vaccination done.... in shiny singapore.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  8. #8
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Chicken Pox! anyone kena before and still kena once again?

    Quote Originally Posted by virtualme78 View Post
    I once asked the doctor when I was young like what are the chances of getting chix pox twice and he answered 2%. Your dad is the first person I heard gotten twice...

    Back to topic, I think answers to your questions lies here.
    thanks fren!

    now the only question is how ex it is to get the vaccination done.... in shiny singapore.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  9. #9
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Chicken Pox! anyone kena before and still kena once again?

    wow, check out all my double and triple postings! *highlighted to admins*


    have a nice day guys!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  10. #10
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Chicken Pox! anyone kena before and still kena once again?

    For all means and purposes, u will only kenna chicken pox once, and if u got it again when u think u had it when u were a child then probably the first episode could be some childhood viral infection that appeared like chicken pox n was mis-diagnosed.

    BUT

    Uncommonly one can get chicken pox twice ( no i am not referring to shingles ) if somehow the individual did not seroconvert/form antibodies from an infection, or in individuals for various reasons with very very weak immune systems ..

    Vaccine is not 100% effective in having full immunity from after contact ( probab ard 70-90% ), but will almost give u near 100% good protection against catching a severe chicken pox infection. ( u mght just get away with a few cosmetically pleasing papules and a shorter recovery )

    Ryan

  11. #11

    Default Re: Chicken Pox! anyone kena before and still kena once again?

    The vaccine is about $75-$85 per jab (price is about 4-5years ago when i took mine). Adults need to get 2 jabs, so its about $150+-. If I remember correctly, the 2 jabs need to be taken some time apart.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Chicken Pox! anyone kena before and still kena once again?

    Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    For all means and purposes, u will only kenna chicken pox once, and if u got it again when u think u had it when u were a child then probably the first episode could be some childhood viral infection that appeared like chicken pox n was mis-diagnosed.

    BUT

    Uncommonly one can get chicken pox twice ( no i am not referring to shingles ) if somehow the individual did not seroconvert/form antibodies from an infection, or in individuals for various reasons with very very weak immune systems ..

    Vaccine is not 100% effective in having full immunity from after contact ( probab ard 70-90% ), but will almost give u near 100% good protection against catching a severe chicken pox infection. ( u mght just get away with a few cosmetically pleasing papules and a shorter recovery )

    Ryan
    Quote Originally Posted by liveevil View Post
    The vaccine is about $75-$85 per jab (price is about 4-5years ago when i took mine). Adults need to get 2 jabs, so its about $150+-. If I remember correctly, the 2 jabs need to be taken some time apart.

    thank you guys!!! =) case closed!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •