Thread: Vietnam honours 2 Singaporean photographers killed during Vietnam War

Blog Entries

Default Vietnam honours 2 Singaporean photographers killed during Vietnam War

http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/sin...65377,00.html?

Glad to know that Vietnam is honouring the 135 photographers, including 3 Singaporeans, killed during the Vietnam War in a photo exhibition. I din know our country's photographers were there too, covering the war...
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/sin...65377,00.html?

Glad to know that Vietnam is honouring the 135 photographers, including 3 Singaporeans, killed during the Vietnam War in a photo exhibition. I din know our country's photographers were there too, covering the war...
    Well, this country is not known to show honour to achievers in the artistic arena. I have to hear of these photogs names from an exhibition in Vietnam!!

Read the forum section today, our Singapore choirs made some stellar achievements in the International Choir Olympic held in Germany. Yet back home, er...., hehe... I don't think many people have heard of such an event.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ansel
    Well, this country is not known to show honour to achievers in the artistic arena. I have to hear of these photogs names from an exhibition in Vietnam!!

Read the forum section today, our Singapore choirs made some stellar achievements in the International Choir Olympic held in Germany. Yet back home, er...., hehe... I don't think many people have heard of such an event.
    sad but true, ansel... but, hopefully, things will change? we have good talents in singapore. just dat mebbe we, Singaporeans, are so caught up with the idea of 'foreign talents' that we only recognise artists from overseas as 'talents', including many singaporeans who have gone overseas.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by Ansel

Hehe.. Hwachong Choir! =)

this is one exhibition not to be missed then

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SniperD
    this is one exhibition not to be missed then
    ah... sniperD, its in vietnam's ho chih minh city... i wonder if they are going to bring it for a tour?

well, we can write in to NAC to see if they can bring it to singapore. afterall, it does concern singaporeans