Thread: IT Show 2011 - Tired of giving suggestions

Default IT Show 2011 - Tired of giving suggestions

It's a known fact many things, especially cameras are not cheaper. Friends ask me for camera recommendations and I keep telling them cameras sell at RRP, only few selected models will have good bargain, most freebies are useless and not worth a lot. Go Funan reputable shops buy cheaper, give them some shops to consider.

Despite the warnings, friends still buy from IT show at RRP and ask me if it's a good deal. I believe they are skeptical about 'street shops', scared of being cheated and get inferior goods, can see from their reactions when I tell them Funan. It's their money and it's their choice, why ask me for opinions in the first place? Tired about these things.
    Last edited by pchmj; 15th March 2011 at 10:49 AM.

Default Re: IT Show 2011 - Tired of giving suggestions

There are really some IT show offers that are good, despite them selling at RRP. Different people have different requirements and value the "free gifts" differently. For instance, if you are just starting out, need a decent camera bag, a dry cabinet, and want a 50mm prime to play with, the D7000 actually has a good offer at the IT show, as they give you a 38L dry cabinet, a Kata bag (not sure which model), and a 50/1.8, amongst other gifts. However, if you already have a good camera bag, a 50 prime and a dry cabinet, the free gifts are not as useful to you, and you would find that purchasing from regular camera shops are better.

Quote Originally Posted by pchmj View Post
    It's a known fact many things, especially cameras are not cheaper. Friends ask me for camera recommendations and I keep telling them cameras sell at RRP, only few selected models will have good bargain, most freebies are useless and not worth a lot. Go Funan reputable shops buy cheaper, give them some shops to consider.

Despite the warnings, friends still buy from IT show at RRP and ask me if it's a good deal. I believe they are skeptical about 'street shops', scared of being cheated and get inferior goods, can see from their reactions when I tell them Funan. It's their money and it's their choice, why ask me for opinions in the first place? Tired about these things.
    well.. in that case, if you truly wan to help them den go wif them to the shop. Else just gif me wad they wan to hear lor. no headache, piss off or tired of repeating the same old things over and over again..
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    There are really some IT show offers that are good, despite them selling at RRP. Different people have different requirements and value the "free gifts" differently. For instance, if you are just starting out, need a decent camera bag, a dry cabinet, and want a 50mm prime to play with, the D7000 actually has a good offer at the IT show, as they give you a 38L dry cabinet, a Kata bag (not sure which model), and a 50/1.8, amongst other gifts. However, if you already have a good camera bag, a 50 prime and a dry cabinet, the free gifts are not as useful to you, and you would find that purchasing from regular camera shops are better.
    Agree, only some selected models. They are buying Canon compact.

Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    well.. in that case, if you truly wan to help them den go wif them to the shop. Else just gif me wad they wan to hear lor. no headache, piss off or tired of repeating the same old things over and over again..
    I bought 1 to the shops few weeks back, explain with examples of the prices, but still end up buy from IT show. Won't take them to the shops unless close friends, why waste time?

Quote Originally Posted by pchmj View Post
    Agree, only some selected models. They are buying Canon compact.

I bought 1 to the shops few weeks back, explain with examples of the prices, but still end up buy from IT show. Won't take them to the shops unless close friends, why waste time?
    lolx.. well.. in that case its your friend's choice.. wad to do.. their $ not urs.. all you can do is just advice.. whether they listen or not its up to them to decide..
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

the shops also offer the same free gifts as IT show?

Quote Originally Posted by baggiolee
    the shops also offer the same free gifts as IT show?
    I think so, last time my friend bought his 550D from a shop during the IT fair period and he got the crumpler bag that they were giving out in the fair as well.

Problem with shops are the prices were mark up and up to u to bargain down, as for show or department stall, the price are black n white published. If u read it and u like it, then most likely u will buy it if it's a one off thing.

Some new models not available in stores yet, n going for overseas trip soon, so just buy at itshow ...
    Every Photo Speaks for its Photographer. 开心就好。
    I wanna be the no.1 GWC !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Problem with shops are the prices were mark up and up to u to bargain down, as for show or department stall, the price are black n white published. If u read it and u like it, then most likely u will buy it if it's a one off thing.
    Most trusted shops in Funan doesn't give room for bargain. The only "bargain" tactic is when i give them other store's (low) price.
    Canon 550D | Tamron 17-50 F/2.8 non VC | Tamron 18-270 PZD