Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need advice on my Photo

Default Re: Need advice on my Photo

Quote Originally Posted by clchong11 View Post
    cyc1op...i'd tried for the auto...but due to some restriction (I believe), the pictures also didn't turn out to our desire. I had read an article bout it...that is why those pro preferred manual. Anyway...still long journey for me to learn all these but thank GOD i get so many good advices over here...thanx again.
    not true that manual = pro lah

all the different modes on the camera serves a purpose. the idea is to use the right mode for the right purpose and in a way that suits your own style

if u prefer AV and the condition allows it, then shoot using AV. if you like P, then use P. if you like TV, then use TV. if you know what u're doing and you want something very specific, then use M.

if you don't feel like thinking and lighting is good, just use Auto. the camera is just a tool. use it any way you want to get the results you want

agree with detritus...
    i have a friend bought D3100 last year OCt...
    i advice him to read more and understand how cam work but he keep say he must hands on...
    almost 6 month past... meet him last week at a outing and he still ask me: What mode he should use???

my wedding photographer tell him M mode is good but his friend tell him to use Av mode...
    and he have a mindset that Av mode = Auto = not pro = not cool

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlightsg View Post
    my wedding photographer tell him M mode is good but his friend tell him to use Av mode...
    then good luck to him lor give himself unnecessary trouble for nothing.

imo, the shooting modes is just one of the factors. a more important factor is metering mode.

this is something a lot of pple overlook - multi-segmented metering may not be suitable for everything

agree with detritus...
    i advice him to read more and understand how cam work but he keep say he must hands on...
    almost 6 month past... meet him last week at a outing and he still ask me: What mode he should use???

Almost all shooters in my community insist on M mode.. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by clchong11 View Post
    cyc1op...i'd tried for the auto...but due to some restriction (I believe), the pictures also didn't turn out to our desire. I had read an article bout it...that is why those pro preferred manual. Anyway...still long journey for me to learn all these but thank GOD i get so many good advices over here...thanx again.
    You should probably thank the people in this forums instead of god. I'm just saying..

Thats right... shooting mode is not that important...
    keep explain to him to what is shutter speed, Aperture, ISO and EV since Oct...
    he still don't get it...

i am waiting for cheap cheap D3100 offer... haha

Quote Originally Posted by evolutioner View Post
    Almost all shooters in my community insist on M mode.. LOL
    there's a time and place for everything... like i said, if they know what they're doing and they are looking for a very specific look and feel, then by all means shoot M.

but acting pro by insisting on shooting in M mode when one doesn't know aperture from aubergine is just plain silly.

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    there's a time and place for everything... like i said, if they know what they're doing and they are looking for a very specific look and feel, then by all means shoot M.

but acting pro by insisting on shooting in M mode when one doesn't know aperture from aubergine is just plain silly.
    hahahahaha . ..
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

hahaha.. thats funny

Conversely, they might ask you what is aubergine, wor...
    Photos are like jokes. If you have to explain it, it probably ainít that good. My Flickr

Q
    Quote Originally Posted by genecor View Post
    Conversely, they might ask you what is aubergine, wor...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki?search=aubergine

Happy now?

agree with detritus...

At the end of the day if the photographer uses M mode, then sets aperture, and then rolls the wheel dial until the meter says "0" without understanding what he's doing, he is using AV mode at 0 EV, in a more roundabout (and retarded, if I may add) way.

Yeah ... I just don't understand these pp . I every heard pp coming towards me and say "hey u shoot av mode ar . I only shoot in M mode . Y you buy DSLR still use other mode"

My replied : " So what metering mode u used for yr "M" mode "

Guy : " metering mode ? what mode is that . My mode dial don't have leh"

I : -_-" .....
    My Flickr ->Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    At the end of the day if the photographer uses M mode, then sets aperture, and then rolls the wheel dial until the meter says "0" without understanding what he's doing, he is using AV mode at 0 EV, in a more roundabout (and retarded, if I may add) way.
    he don't have this problem...
    because... he also don't what is EV...

ask him try Av mode...
    and he ask me, y the pic look same and so bright at f5.6, f8 and f11...
    ... notice that he have set ev+5... yes after having a DSLR for 6 month...

he don't have this problem...
    because... he also don't what is EV...

ask him try Av mode...
    and he ask me, y the pic look same and so bright at f5.6, f8 and f11...
    ... notice that he have set ev+5... yes after having a DSLR for 6 month...
    not to be snobbish or anything but some pple are truly better off with a good PNS rather than a DSLR.

its not because they are less intelligent or less serious or anything, but if they're too busy to experiment and research a bit to understand the camera's functions properly, they really shouldn't waste money to cause pain for themselves. there are more straightforward ways to take nice pictures.

not to be snobbish or anything but some pple are truly better off with a good PNS rather than a DSLR.

its not because they are less intelligent or less serious or anything, but if they're too busy to experiment and research a bit to understand the camera's functions properly, they really shouldn't waste money to cause pain for themselves. there are more straightforward ways to take nice pictures.
    u r rite, i am one of those better off with a good PNS. no hard feeling!! i travel and snap a lot with my PNS nowadays due to the convenience and quality of the new gen of PNS, but when i need better equipment i will whip out my trusted dslr, no less. However, i still think one should master the fundamental of photography to enjoy painting with light, notwithstanding what equipment is in your hand. I find that the enjoyment is enhanced if we go in with basic knowledge, whether photography in specific or any hobby in general.
    Last edited by seefei; 16th March 2011 at 03:07 PM.
    shoot to remember. flickr

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12