Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pentaxians Feb 2011 outing - Photo Contest: Life In Our City - Results!

Default Re: Pentaxians Feb 2011 outing - Photo Contest: Life In Our City - Results!

I will first like to congrat the winners =) first time seeing a photo contest being organise and able to participate as a voter (was too busy to send in my newbie shot due to my wedding)

It was sure fun checking the poll to see if my photo sense is inline with others, as a sideliner, such contest really encouraged me to want to take more and just participate in the next one for the fun of it. Maybe we should have it more often eventhough the emjay will not be able to sponsor everytime.

Maybe we can have more unofficial one on a more regular basis (need not need big prizes, maybe 1 pentax k-x hotshoe gashopon or a camera strap, everybody chip in 1 bucks can get some unique and cheap prizes), sure alot of newbie will be encourage to take part especially seeing sheltered environemen which allow them to try and grow and having people looking down at their newbie attempt. It is this type of positive vibes that make this forum great. Haha of course must also let the judges have enough rest in between the events la.

I think this event was organise in good fun and as a motivating platform, it sure did achieved its objective! Thumbsup to everyone!

Default Re: Pentaxians Feb 2011 outing - Photo Contest: Life In Our City - Results!

Quote Originally Posted by machiavellian View Post
    congrats to the winners!!

I just wanna know what that bulging thing with the Singapore tattoo is. Is it someone's arms? Cause it looks like breast to me.
    Yikes, that's a bun in the oven aka a pregnant woman's belly with her older child which I'm assuming to be pinholecamera's wife & kid.

its almost like a peek into an intimate bonding moment between the older kid and the child on the way... Thanks Pinholecamera for such an awesome pic!
    Photos are like jokes. If you have to explain it, it probably ainít that good. My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    The shot could have been better executed. My wife's tummy should have been more rotated for the belly button to be facing the camera. That would make the shot more obvious as a maternity shot (and not my beer belly).
    The old advice "Never work with animals or children" certainly rhymed true for the session. My little girl was not in a cooperative mood that day. So can't ask for a better posed shot.

My daughter just had a hair cut (by my mother), so she looks like a boy (... oh ...boy... )

But I am certainly thankful to my wife and daughter to have made the shot and memory possible at all.

I had a similar shot before, not as techy as yours 'cause mine was just a quick snap, but this was one of my favorites for my daughter, who looked even boyish than your daughter then

Congrats JK, flowerpot, Ken, Glen.

Many thanks to Fengwei, Dennis and the organising committee for all the hard work. And to Emjay for the awesome prizes.

Good shots all around. I couldn't participate as I was out of town, but I did put in my votes.
    I hope we continue to have more competitions in the future. I'll send in an entry next time.

Thanks to Fengwei, Dennis and the organising committee for keeping the Pentax forum active with such events and for Emjay to sponsor the prizes too.
    In the street lingo, it makes the Pentax forum a happening place ! If I may suggest, in future, rather than limit to a theme, why not allow for free expression and to open the opportunity to wider range of photos, have the eligibility period extended from 1 day to 1 month. That would surely result in a bigger selection of interesting shots too. Congrats to the winners including my old friend Ken Goh..and all the familiar faces too ...
    Last edited by airconvent; 15th March 2011 at 11:47 PM.
    PENTAXKR,18250,18135,35,40,70,600,AF360
    SONYA6000,1650,1855,18200,5018,3028,16,RX100M3

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Thanks to Fengwei, Dennis and Emjay for taking the time, effort and expenses to have this event for us Pentaxians.

It is never easy to take personal time off to do something for people. Really appreciate it.

Many entries are good. Too bad they did not make it to the 15 selected, but I'd guess as much that the theme and technical requirements have to be fulfilled.
    I just hope that it encourages everybody to try again next round and do better

Personally, I feel that my shot was pretty cliche. But I just try. Never expected to be selected and certainly not win anything.
    The shot could have been better executed. My wife's tummy should have been more rotated for the belly button to be facing the camera. That would make the shot more obvious as a maternity shot (and not my beer belly).
    The old advice "Never work with animals or children" certainly rhymed true for the session. My little girl was not in a cooperative mood that day. So can't ask for a better posed shot.

My daughter just had a hair cut (by my mother), so she looks like a boy (... oh ...boy... )

But I am certainly thankful to my wife and daughter to have made the shot and memory possible at all.
    Congrats JK.
    Home is where the heart is.

Quote Originally Posted by airconvent View Post
    Thanks to Fengwei, Dennis and the organising committee for keeping the Pentax forum active with such events and for Emjay to sponsor the prizes too.
    In the street lingo, it makes the Pentax forum a happening place ! If I may suggest, in future, rather than limit to a theme, why not allow for free expression and to open the opportunity to wider range of photos, have the eligibility period extended from 1 day to 1 month. That would surely result in a bigger selection of interesting shots too. Congrats to the winners including my old friend Ken Goh..and all the familiar faces too ...
    Yes, thanks to everyone, especially organising committee and sponsor!

For future contests, I second your call, but prefer the 'limitation' of a theme -- makes it more focussed, easier to judge. (Marcos vs landscapes vs portraits vs.. is very tough to judge!) But time limit should be extended, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    I had a similar shot before, not as techy as yours 'cause mine was just a quick snap, but this was one of my favorites for my daughter, who looked even boyish than your daughter then

Hope my daughter becomes as sweet as your little girl

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Lee View Post
    Congrats JK.
    Thanks!

Just saw this.

Congratulations to all the winners.

I actually voted for 3 out of 4 winners. If I was only so lucky with 4-D.

Kengoh...I would never have guess that the photo #11 is yours,

I have checked thru the photo thoroughly. That is not a bird anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahren View Post
    Just saw this.

Congratulations to all the winners.

I actually voted for 3 out of 4 winners. If I was only so lucky with 4-D.
    tat wld mean you get 3 out of 4 no correct...haha

Congrats to the winner.

One thing I dun agree is the voting system which when u click the number of vote it shows who is the one voting for the pic. I thought that also should be kept private since its a competition. Maybe can ask CS to change the programming abit.

Next competition I dun want one day someone sms me early in the morning, "I no wan fren u! u nebe vote for me!" die. XD
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

Quote Originally Posted by Yamakasi View Post
    tat wld mean you get 3 out of 4 no correct...haha
    Thats true...no wonder never got rich thru 4D..

Thanks Emjay for sponsoring the prizes & the committee Frank & Denis for the hard work & effort they put in.
    All the 15 fits the theme & some non shortlisted are good too.
    Thanks guys for the congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by airconvent View Post
    Congrats to the winners including my old friend Ken Goh..and all the familiar faces too ...
    Thanks Richard my old fren.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahren View Post
    Kengoh...I would never have guess that the photo #11 is yours,
    I have checked thru the photo thoroughly. That is not a bird anywhere.
    Thanks for your vote bro.

Awesome pictures... congrats to the winner....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123