Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Is it right to post threads talking bad about pp ?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    beebox
    Posts
    2,078

    Default Is it right to post threads talking bad about pp ?

    i notice a few post directed at another fellow Cser about some $$ issue.
    Can't help but think those thread starters are really immature.
    oweing $$ is a personal matter between the 2 parties.
    issit necessary to post it on a public forum ?
    this type of action reminds me of loanshark posting notes on the wall..

    shame on u.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kex
    i notice a few post directed at another fellow Cser about some $$ issue.
    Can't help but think those thread starters are really immature.
    oweing $$ is a personal matter between the 2 parties.
    issit necessary to post it on a public forum ?
    this type of action reminds me of loanshark posting notes on the wall..

    shame on u.
    I am being kay poh here. Sorry if I cause distress.

    In principle, you are right. But I think you may have criticised too quickly.

    Looking at the post, it would appear that the one that was "wronged" had tried hard/repeatedly, with various means to contact the other, but the other not responding! The cheque also bounced. So it appeared to me that it was out of sheer desperation that they resorted to a public forum to get the other person to respond. It is understandable. Regrettable, but understandable.

    The analogy to loan sharks do not apply. Borrowing from loan sharks should not have happened anyway. The scenario are really quite different.

  3. #3

    Default

    Orrhh... u just talked bad about 'some' people also...
    aiya there are full-time bad people, part-time bad people, people that talk bad about about bad people, people that talk bad about good people, and there are terrorists... heheh...
    Nothing we can do about it. Best is to chill.. have a good time, and hope it rubs off on others.

  4. #4

    Default

    you try to tell me that you are good people.
    then find another way to be bad people.
    Objection !!!

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives
    you try to tell me that you are good people.
    then find another way to be bad people.
    You try to tell me that you are not funny
    then find another way to be funny

  6. #6
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluestrike
    You try to tell me that you are not funny
    then find another way to be funny
    Woo ... new avatar ... nice ... just trying to be nice ...

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Soi Eric/Nai Harn
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Well such posts regarding $ or whatever transaction that has taken place which resulted in a bad note or disagreement should be taken out of a public forum. No matter if it IS that person is really owing money or not owing any money or in debt or entirely innocent should still be taken out of public eyes.

    Settle it among yourselves. Posting such issues on the net will lead to even more complications in the legal sense. Slandering ones reputation is liable to being sued if the victim wishes to take action. It has happened in other forums. A lawyer letter was sent and warning given.

    Just be mindful and careful with your posts thats all. Think before you post.

    Just my opinion.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    USA FarEast
    Posts
    213

    Default

    The similarity of these posts btw loansharks is the tactic used.
    First of all the cyber postings in the internet is similar to the pasting of notices at the housing blocks...for all (in this case the world) to see.
    Two, the loansharks employ others to do it...as in this case..not the aggrieved parties who posted themselves.
    Why hide behind a veil.....hmmmm
    anyway these postings are regrettable.
    Btw if these cases are authentic...they should be directed to the proper authorities for action....and not resort to this sort of posting.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Payar Lebar
    Posts
    314

    Default

    "Talk $$ hurt feeling..."

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fantom
    Btw if these cases are authentic...they should be directed to the proper authorities for action....and not resort to this sort of posting.
    First let me clarify that the dispute has nothing to do with me. I do not know the parties involved in this "dispute" at all. I am not aggrieved in any way.

    1 I agree 100% think it is unacceptable to say BAD things about others.

    2 I believe think what had happened is regrettable, but understandable.

    3 I agree 100% that it would be ideal if disputes can be settled amicably and not on the website.

    BUT, (I AM NOT SUPPORTING THE ORIGINAL POST,MERELY POINTING OUT ALTERNATIVE SCENARIO), in this instance, after the aggrieved party had REPEATEDLY tried to contact the other, LEFT MESSAGES, received a bounced cheque etc. Looking at the posts CAREFULLy, I think the aggrieved party had indeed tried VERY HARD to settle it amongst themselves. But when one party refused to meet, constantly ignored attempts to talk/meet up etc, how can settlement result? ( I am taking the contents of the postings on face value)

    Can enlightened members (perhaps someone with some legal knowledge?) of the forum offer a practical advice to get the other party to come forth? Which appropriate authorities should problems be directed to? So that in future, faced with similar problems, (and I think it can happen in future) aggrieved parties would know how to proceed without having to post in this forum to get the other person to come forth to settle things.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by student
    Can enlightened members (perhaps someone with some legal knowledge?) of the forum offer a practical advice to get the other party to come forth? Which appropriate authorities should problems be directed to? So that in future, faced with similar problems, (and I think it can happen in future) aggrieved parties would know how to proceed without having to post in this forum to get the other person to come forth to settle things.
    Get thee to a lawyer. That's what civil suits are for. If it's a small amount, use the Small Claims Tribunal.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGoi
    Woo ... new avatar ... nice ... just trying to be nice ...

    You try to tell me that you are trying to be nice
    then find another way to be not nice

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by togu
    You try to tell me that you are trying to be nice
    then find another way to be not nice

    don't copy me lar, wait i sue u all.
    Objection !!!

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives
    don't copy me lar, wait i sue u all.
    dun think u have suffered any damages leh....
    ur lawsuit will be thrown out of court.

    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Soi Eric/Nai Harn
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by student
    First let me clarify that the dispute has nothing to do with me. I do not know the parties involved in this "dispute" at all. I am not aggrieved in any way.

    1 I agree 100% think it is unacceptable to say BAD things about others.

    2 I believe think what had happened is regrettable, but understandable.

    3 I agree 100% that it would be ideal if disputes can be settled amicably and not on the website.

    BUT, (I AM NOT SUPPORTING THE ORIGINAL POST,MERELY POINTING OUT ALTERNATIVE SCENARIO), in this instance, after the aggrieved party had REPEATEDLY tried to contact the other, LEFT MESSAGES, received a bounced cheque etc. Looking at the posts CAREFULLy, I think the aggrieved party had indeed tried VERY HARD to settle it amongst themselves. But when one party refused to meet, constantly ignored attempts to talk/meet up etc, how can settlement result? ( I am taking the contents of the postings on face value)

    Can enlightened members (perhaps someone with some legal knowledge?) of the forum offer a practical advice to get the other party to come forth? Which appropriate authorities should problems be directed to? So that in future, faced with similar problems, (and I think it can happen in future) aggrieved parties would know how to proceed without having to post in this forum to get the other person to come forth to settle things.
    Like what fanthom said. "they should be directed to the proper authorities for action". Simple as that....... small claims tribunal could be a start like what Chiyen said.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabes
    Like what fanthom said. "they should be directed to the proper authorities for action". Simple as that....... small claims tribunal could be a start like what Chiyen said.
    Excellent! At least the advice given here is a pro-active way to deal with a problem. Perhaps the aggrieved parties were so exasperated that they failed to think of this route.

    Any other advice?

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by student
    Excellent! At least the advice given here is a pro-active way to deal with a problem. Perhaps the aggrieved parties were so exasperated that they failed to think of this route.

    Any other advice?
    pls correct me if i'm wrong. to refer a case to the small claims tribunal, both parties involved must agree, and even if there is a ruling to your favour, the tribunal has no legal rights to enforce the ruling. if you refer the case to a civil court, then you have to pay for the hearing fee + the lawyer's fees (if you engage one) even if you win the case. unless the amount is big enough to justify the high cost of having such a law suit, it is financially not feasible to go to court. then how about going to the police? the police will tell you it is a civil case, not a criminal one, you have to go to the civil court to settle it.

    if you are the person being owed the money, you will find that you are at the mercy of the other party. i think those ppl who posted the debt-collecting posts were at the end of their wits. i sympathize with them, but i think this should only be their last resort, not first.

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barracuda
    pls correct me if i'm wrong. to refer a case to the small claims tribunal, both parties involved must agree, and even if there is a ruling to your favour, the tribunal has no legal rights to enforce the ruling. if you refer the case to a civil court, then you have to pay for the hearing fee + the lawyer's fees (if you engage one) even if you win the case. unless the amount is big enough to justify the high cost of having such a law suit, it is financially not feasible to go to court. then how about going to the police? the police will tell you it is a civil case, not a criminal one, you have to go to the civil court to settle it.

    if you are the person being owed the money, you will find that you are at the mercy of the other party. i think those ppl who posted the debt-collecting posts were at the end of their wits. i sympathize with them, but i think this should only be their last resort, not first.
    I am very glad you pointed this out. Getting a lawyer may not be practical at all! And you cannot go to the small claims court if the other person cannot be contacted, and therefore cannot appear before the tribunal for mediationl! Also, the small claims court only rules on disputes. In this case, there was no dispute at all. A major problem in this case is the fact that the other party cannot be contacted for whatever reason. In fact the person owing the money did subsequently write in the forum to offer payment.

    So was the CSer who initiated this post felt that he/she was resorting to the "last resort?" If anyone thinks not, any more practical advice for us to look to in future?

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    beebox
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    C.o.d.....

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kex
    C.o.d.....
    HONESTLY, kex, I think that is an absolutely brilliant idea!

    I think you suggestion goes a long way to preventing such problems in future. Unfortunately, very often there is something called "trust" and "goodwill", which sometimes do not lead to the desired outcome. Still it is a brilliant suggestion that people should consider carefully.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •