Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What focal lens is closest to human eyes (both eyes)

Default Re: What focal lens is closest to human eyes (both eyes)

It IS 43mm, if not why would Pentax make a weird focal length prime, the FA 43 ltd?
    --

It IS 43mm, if not why would Pentax make a weird focal length prime, the FA 43 ltd?
    --

It is the 43mm! If not why would Pentax make a weird focal length for one of its most famous primes, the FA 43 ltd?
    --

i always tot pentax made 43mm is because if you take a few steps back then its like a 35mm..and if you walk a few steps in front..its like 50mm..2 class focal length for film cam

Actually, I read this somewhere, but I don't remember where... the 43mm is derived from the diagonal dimension of the 35mm film. SQRT(24^2+36^2)=43.266... then the 31 will capture 2x the field of view of the 43, and the 77, 1/2 as much. ???

Also don't forget your eyes will move and try to cover areas that you cant see. Its human nature. So it is not as wide as perceived.
    Visit me on Flickr!

Quote Originally Posted by machiavellian View Post
    It is the 43mm! If not why would Pentax make a weird focal length for one of its most famous primes, the FA 43 ltd?
    There's a lot of focal lengths that are weird mar...

Quote Originally Posted by Yamakasi View Post
    i always tot pentax made 43mm is because if you take a few steps back then its like a 35mm..and if you walk a few steps in front..its like 50mm..2 class focal length for film cam
    wow i never knew Pentax lens designer had took that into consideration when they design the 43. interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Yamakasi View Post
    wow i never knew Pentax lens designer had took that into consideration when they design the 43. interesting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12