Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Six abstracts from Ann Siang Hill

Default Six abstracts from Ann Siang Hill

Six abstracts from Ann Siang Hill (last one from Thian Hock Kheng, nearby)
    All post processed with slight USM, levelling to dramatise the contrast.

Critique very welcome to help me improve. Thanks!

only number 5 looks odd....i think its the perspective.
    blog: inbloomphotos.wordpress.com

Really like ur photos esp number #3, very simple..

Nice control of exposure..

Can use mid-telephoto on #5 to give a different perspective ... I will prefer a normal perspective

the texture of the wood in 4 is nice

#1 is superb. u have got good eyes . btw, what eyes r u using?

Thanks folks, really interesting how each of us like different pictures, got the same reactions from my friends My personal fave is actually #6.

Khairi, yup I agree that the perspective is distorted in #5, coz I was shooting from a lower angle (coz I am shorter than the subject loh.. . Jitkiat, do you mean that using mid-telephoto will get rid of the distortion? I'm not quite trained in technicalities, welcome your advice.

Renegade, I'm using D70+the kit lens for my eyes.

Very impressive eyes you have. Gotta train mine harder!

very nice abstract pics..the pics look good with their shadow..love #4 the best.

Btw, how did u create a "black" border ard the pics. Did u use render>>Lightings or u burned them? It blends in very well, nice.
    Last edited by ordinaryless; 5th August 2004 at 10:10 PM.

I think they're all good. If I were to select one that I like most, it'd be #4. Very "clean" and interesting perspective.

Beautiful pictures. Simple and nice! I think it'll look great in B + W. Maybe u should try converting them to B + W.

thanks folks! ordinaryless, the border was created by first feathering the selected border area, and then simply fill with black

ahh, learnt something new.. gonna try it later

thanks for sharing..

Default Tse

Quote Originally Posted by Zookeeper
    Thanks folks, really interesting how each of us like different pictures, got the same reactions from my friends My personal fave is actually #6.

Khairi, yup I agree that the perspective is distorted in #5, coz I was shooting from a lower angle (coz I am shorter than the subject loh.. . Jitkiat, do you mean that using mid-telephoto will get rid of the distortion? I'm not quite trained in technicalities, welcome your advice.
    The best solution is to get a Canon TSE lens but it costs a bomb. A poor man approach is to stand further away and use a telephoto to compress the perspective so that it will appear more "normal".

nice compostions ...and good angles...keep it up

Deregistered

chopsticks and matches was a refreshing look

yeh....nice tht u saw something in those pipes...

Quote Originally Posted by Zookeeper
    thanks folks! ordinaryless, the border was created by first feathering the selected border area, and then simply fill with black
    Im very new to photoshop, could you tell me which function tab does feathering falls under, cause i cant find the function.

nice pix. personally like numbers 4 to 6. very clean and neutral colours for 1 to 5, which are different from the bright saturated primary colours a lot of ppl (inclu myself) usually go for...

especially like the tiny details: the cracks on the walls, the "spidery" patterns on the green wall beside the window, the scratches on the red temple door.
    bravo bravo!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast