Thread: What lighting equipment is needed for night portraiture outdoors?

Talking What lighting equipment is needed for night portraiture outdoors?

Hi fellow CSers,

I'm going to be doing my first pre-wedding shoot for my best friend. So far I think I can manage daytime portraits outdoors and also some studio work. But I've got no clue as to what types of equipment I would need to obtain some nice night portraits.

I have thought of just managing with a reflector to bounce some light off street lamps and other lights but that be be just plain lazy. Especially when there are so many experts here to offer advise!

So please kindly offer me some ideas as to how I can make this night shoot turn out great for my friend... I'll be very grateful!

Basically, I would like to make use of flash to light the subjects subtly, either from the side or by bouncing it off structures I come across if possible. Unfortunately I have no idea what I would need. Please advise! Thank you all once again.

Default Re: What lighting equipment is needed for night portraiture outdoors?

Go to Lighting For Photo/Videography Section below. That's where people share their setups for lighting including outdoor night shoot.

Thank you very much.. I will do that.

Blog Entries

And if you can handle studio lights, just apply the same knowledge, and take note to expose longer for the background.