Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7121516171819222742 ... LastLast

Thread: The Random Thread- SEASON 7!! (GHOST BUSTERS?)

Default Re: The Random Thread- SEASON 7!! (GHOST BUSTERS?)

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    Blame NUS then

I was hoping the harsh backlighting would give a mysterious and sinister feel to the images, but I guess it didn't work out
    lol you could have the classic body and half of the face in shadows... but when the cute eyes are seen. LOL. Oh it's a cute lion!

hehehehehehehehehehehehehe...

am home, just eaten my dinner, washed the dishes, and just thrown away rubbish chute...

well tonite, i didn't catch any cougars...

btw, you all should check out The Camera Workshop.

Look for Daniel, a very nice and knowledgable guy, and offers reasonable prices.
    "There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trials and errors."

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealDreamWalker View Post

am home, just eaten my dinner, washed the dishes, and just thrown away rubbish chute...

Look for Daniel, a very nice and knowledgable guy, and offers reasonable prices.
    Is he the young japanese looking guy? Last time i went there he was very nice. Let me try tripod till i shiok

lol, grip so ex already still need buy battery separately.

Anyway NSC doesn't seem to realise that I asked them to quote a price for servicing a dead pixel on the LCD, they seem to think that I'm asking for a quote to service a dead pixel on the image sensor. They tell me:

rofl I paid $670 for my camera, what makes them think I'll pay even more money to replace the sensor. I rather get another D90. Crazy people.
    No choice loh, if not how they squeeze money from you. Expensive lenses no money cannot buy but accessories very tempting, in the end spend more money on accessories

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealDreamWalker

I only know Becky. was there yest to collect my baby. they're all so nice la!

Going to buy their extension tube next week. Hehehe
    Last edited by bonrya; 17th March 2011 at 08:33 AM.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    lol you could have the classic body and half of the face in shadows... but when the cute eyes are seen. LOL. Oh it's a cute lion!
    lol can see the eyes meh? I only can see the eyes in "Cage", the rest are very dark lol. But I think the one sipping the bubble tea looks too cute already, despite all my efforts of trying to make it look dark

Blog Entries

hey yien, brad. i'm hopign to organise a series of photography talks/seminars/demo sessions. could ya all bounce the idea around ur sch's photo club and see if they might be interested?

probably over a period of.... 3 days i guess. june hols. i need to get a rough idea before i start planning.

if response is good, we might even open up to CS i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    hey yien, brad. i'm hopign to organise a series of photography talks/seminars/demo sessions. could ya all bounce the idea around ur sch's photo club and see if they might be interested?

probably over a period of.... 3 days i guess. june hols. i need to get a rough idea before i start planning.

if response is good, we might even open up to CS i guess.
    I could bounce around the idea, but my juniors aren't all enthusiastic about photography, there are only a few who are really interested in it.

Blog Entries

I could bounce around the idea, but my juniors aren't all enthusiastic about photography, there are only a few who are really interested in it.
    same for most i seen. core groups are only 7-8 members actually

going with the trend, you guys could create flyers with images that attract.. and going from popular stuff, images from Food, Cosplay Shoots, Fashion Shoots and Macro will capture the interest of people. of course, the photos will have to come from yourselves.

going with the trend, you guys could create flyers with images that attract.. and going from popular stuff, images from Food, Cosplay Shoots, Fashion Shoots and Macro will capture the interest of people. of course, the photos will have to come from yourselves.
    What? Not pictures of Clubsnap xmms?

What? Not pictures of Clubsnap xmms?
    oh no. i missed that

I know jurong sec has a photography club if you need more enthu people..
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    I know jurong sec has a photography club if you need more enthu people..
    Many schools have photography clubs, but not many of the clubs have many enthusiastic members...

Another random point, I notice that many photographic societies are under-equipped. I'm not saying kit lens can't do anything, but there are cheap fast aperture lenses like the 50mm f1.8 that schools can purchase for their members to use. A lot of schools spam kit lenses, and I think more money should be spent on cheap primes like the 50/1.8, to spread the BBB virus to the members to buy fast aperture lenses

But seriously, many school events take place indoors with quite horrible lighting, and these cheap primes would help a lot in improving the quality of the images that members of the photographic society has.
    Last edited by brapodam; 17th March 2011 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam

Many schools have photography clubs, but not many of the clubs have many enthusiastic members...

Another random point, I notice that many photographic societies are under-equipped. I'm not saying kit lens can't do anything, but there are cheap fast aperture lenses like the 50mm f1.8 that schools can purchase for their members to use. A lot of schools spam kit lenses, and I think more money should be spent on cheap primes like the 50/1.8, to spread the BBB virus to the members to buy fast aperture lenses

But seriously, many school events take place indoors with quite horrible lighting, and these cheap primes would help a lot in improving the quality of the images that members of the photographic society has.
    I see some of them are quite enthu, they stayed behind to continue taking pictures even after the event has ended.. And I see they're using fast aperture lens (with zoom?).
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    I see some of them are quite enthu, they stayed behind to continue taking pictures even after the event has ended.. And I see they're using fast aperture lens (with zoom?).
    Are you sure they are taking meaningful pictures and not just camwhoring with expensive gear?

Are you sure they are taking meaningful pictures and not just camwhoring with expensive gear?
    i have camwhored with a D3S with 24-70 before xD

I think that's the case is because mostly the equipment are by sponsorship, so it all depends on what the company wanna give. In my school its Canon, there are a few Ls but i'm not sure if it belongs to the member themselves or it belongs to the school.

Hahaha how's the feeling? damn shiok right?