Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what's a good manual slr to get & where?

Quote Originally Posted by raine
    dehuis- where exactly is sunshine plaza? sounds really familiar..
    Prinsep Street. Near Selegie Road. Walkable distance from Parklane/ Paradiz Centre & Dhoby Ghaut MRT station. IIRC, quite near NAFA too.

OTOH, Sun Plaza is at Sembawang, so don't go to the wrong place.

Quote Originally Posted by Designer
    Here is another good website!

http://www.cameraquest.com/classics.htm
    hey thanks! WHOA! LOADS OF INFO!!! :O :O :O

You're wellcome!

Just a small donation if you dont mind , I have been using a Pentax ME Super for around 20 years ,its small its heavy (solid) and I love it , ok not fully mechanical (has choice of auto and manual with ttl metering ) I use it loads mostly in manual mode and its never let me down .
    Still each to their own and after reading a few of the threads ,there are definatley people here who know a lot more than me .

if you don't mind the M42 screw mount, you can get prakticas (MTL 3/5/50) or any of the pentax spotmatics or the russian zenits.

the super takumar lenses from pentax are quite good and they're cheap as chips as well.
    Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present.
    The toys

Quote Originally Posted by patch17
    if you don't mind the M42 screw mount, you can get prakticas (MTL 3/5/50) or any of the pentax spotmatics or the russian zenits.

the super takumar lenses from pentax are quite good and they're cheap as chips as well.
    Yeah. Thanks for all the advice and help guys!! Great news! My praktica suddenly came to life when i brought it to TWC. The people there were great!
    So its back up and shooting, but i've gotta try a roll on it just in case. I always loved the praktica and its pentacon lenses and all that clicking and magnified shutter sounds.. there's just nothing like a good 'ol manual camera. So its back to the dinosaur age for me...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12