Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 173237404142434447 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season II

Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

the star runner

K-x, DAL 18-55mm, pp'ed

click here for unshrunk copy
    Last edited by tigershiok; 22nd July 2011 at 09:05 PM.
    Play ALPHAMAZE(the ULTIMATE word game) - Download from Apple AppStore, or Google Play : Alphamaze

Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

Redo Barrage yesterday

#Marina Barrage twilight

And also another morning shoot before go work

#CBD black and white

#CBD Busy Morning
    My Flickr ->Flickr

as usual, stunning stuff, simon!

Couple of BIF taken with the F*300mm

Wasn't quite ready when the brown pelican flew past, was set to M mode, 1/400s, AF-S, keeper rate was 2 out of 6.

Actually, that day I wasn't out to shoot birds, was really out for this:

More photos here: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...shuttle-launch
    My photos - see just some or all of it =)

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    nice ken! u did it again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersimon27 View Post
    Wow ... Wow .... WOW .........
    Quote Originally Posted by gummy73 View Post
    Nice as usual...our Pentax Birdie sharp shooter!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahren View Post
    Ken, Wow... Really excellent shots.
    Thank you guys for the kind comments.
    Last edited by kengoh; 23rd July 2011 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersimon27 View Post
    Redo Barrage yesterday

#Marina Barrage twilight

Nice shot Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gengh View Post

Wasn't quite ready when the brown pelican flew past, was set to M mode, 1/400s, AF-S, keeper rate was 2 out of 6.

Nice bif bro.

old horse is good horse. shot with k7 - original sky + blended pagodas

no money for k5? k7 also

D3|Tokina 28-70 f2.6-2.8|Samyang 14mm f2.8|K-7|Tamron17-50 f2.8|manfrotto190XproB
    Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by GSiGuy View Post
    as usual, stunning stuff, simon!
    Quote Originally Posted by kengoh View Post
    Nice shot Simon.
    Thanks guy ...

Almost took a time off last night . But then when I open the door to work , the great sunrise greet me .... Decided to try my luck for sunset . Decided to travel light , just me , my K5 , 8-16 with my tripod

#119 Sunset at the Park

Will update more when I got time to pp the rest

one more

#120 Twilight

Last edited by Supersimon27; 24th July 2011 at 08:50 AM.
    My Flickr ->Flickr

First time (and perhaps last time) went to Malay Village. Heard that URA will demolish the village in 2011 and build a suburban commercial hub there.

K-x, K135, YN560, ISO400, 1/80, f2.5, and full power flash

Been a long time since i last visited here, very busy with cycling and not much time for photography. Went to the northern side for some short get-away. Did quite a few sunset shots, but no time to process.

The trusty 16-45 lens that i have, infact i sold all my lens, left with this current versatile lens.

Centre of the photo is not a smug mark, but smoke..

Flickr Link

Last edited by wilb87; 24th July 2011 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Added second photograph
    Visit me on Flickr!

Omg I am stunned. Lovely, lovely shot!

I added another photograph, with me shooting directly at the sun.
    Dont really like the second shot but just want to show some love and appreciation for this cheap lens.
    Not the sharpest, not the widest, but its a jack of all trade.
    Visit me on Flickr!

So hard to get exposure right with the sun staring down your camera. What did you do with the 2nd pic? HDR? Metered for the sky or the boats? Graduated ND filter? Or something?
    Last edited by symmetrix; 24th July 2011 at 01:26 PM.

GND filter. Yea as you can see, some flaring issues as well, but i have no problem with them. I believe that small doses of imperfections actually help improves the photograph, at least from my amateur photography preference.
    Visit me on Flickr!

Flaring actually kind of adds to the authenticity of the shot if done correctly. Thanks for the tip!

Edit: 8 aperture blades wow. I gotta get me one of these
    Last edited by symmetrix; 24th July 2011 at 02:17 PM.

Some photos taken, the rest are in my Flickr. Decided to get them processed and done with. Its great to be out shooting, photography still have a place in my heart.

All with DA16-45 lens and K-r, without tripod.

Visit me on Flickr!

A mate brought me to a shooting range out of town.

Portraits shot for the 1 st time at the Rifles Range railway track today.

Shot wide open with K10d and Model was carrying K5. F1.7 1/2500 secs bright day.

Rare occasions to shoot these shots I must say.

Also tried the smc m42 takumar 50 f 1.4 and a nice lens to play around in M mode. Getting point of focus at f1.4 is a challenge. Just wondering how to focus at f1.2

IMGP7654-3 by luctomar, on Flickr

marcus

Quote Originally Posted by Gengh View Post

Actually, that day I wasn't out to shoot birds, was really out for this:

More photos here: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...shuttle-launch

I am a newbie and I am obsessed with FIF (fish in flight) that lasts merely a second. Like you I used AF-S. Lately I prefer AF-C and changed the setting to FPS priority. You might want to try taking pictures of jumping Tarpon (megalops atlanticus) while you are in Florida. Quite addictive I must say

Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 173237404142434447 ... LastLast