Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11263134353637384146 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season II

Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

Quote Originally Posted by otc View Post
    Yes, a little out of focus as its not sharp but photographer is under instruction from Daddy, right Still learning to be a better pentaxian Shots should be better as time goes by.

I remembered my first macro shots was all black shadows beneath and I was so excited seeing those enlarge imagewith hots spots around...

marcus
    Thanks Marcus. She love to take photos with the Pentax. When she was 7 yrs old and we took a ride on the Flyer, she borrowed my K20D with the grip on and snapped a photo of her Pooh Bear doll which she placed on the seat and snapped away. The other tourists in the same carriage were surprised too. Guess what, great shot which was sharp and no shake. I dare to ay it was pin sharp.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

Quote Originally Posted by GSiGuy View Post
    That's ok. It happens. Recently sent a whole batch of photos to my FlickR after PP in lightroom and exported too not realising that i had the "resize to fit" box ticked and they were all like really small resolution files. We learn from our mistakes this way ya?
    Yes, we all learn from our mistakes. Now must master PP so can look like pro
    Pentaxian for Life

Back again for more action All taken with 8-16mm

Cathay house by Cool Baby Teo, on Flickr

Cathay house 2 by Cool Baby Teo, on Flickr

Cathay house 3 by Cool Baby Teo, on Flickr

Cathay house 4 by Cool Baby Teo, on Flickr
    My Flickr ->Flickr

i just try to play around with my new equipment

K10D FA 77mm f1.8

shaman dancer by JaLu Utomo, on Flickr

batik-dance by JaLu Utomo, on Flickr

K10D 18-55mm

Sgers by JaLu Utomo, on Flickr

i still figure out how to set White Balance on this K10D

Hey simon, you said all taken with 8-16, how come i checked the exif, all said f2.4 on flickr?

Lol , cos my template of the frame was created with my da 35 f2.4 lens . Then I just drag all my photo into it . So end up I lost exif data of it . So far haven't really found a way how to import my exif data over
    My Flickr ->Flickr

when you are stuck in the las pinas traffic, what'd u do? .... read on
    Play ALPHAMAZE(the ULTIMATE word game) - Download from Apple AppStore, or Google Play : Alphamaze

ID? shot at night Pentax night macro outing. with simon, salleh, detritus, kent and two others from Nikon.

Panagor macro with 33mm tubes, flash and monopod. f13. 1/50 secs.

IMGP0374-3 by luctomar, on Flickr

marcus

ID? shot at night Pentax night macro outing. with simon, salleh, detritus, kent and two others from Nikon.

marcus
    nice! It looks like a crab!
    --

marcus
    must be a big fella to see all the leg truncated liddat! your panagor is really wonderful!!
    shoot to remember. flickr

Quote Originally Posted by machiavellian View Post
    nice! It looks like a crab!
    Its a whip scorpion, a tailess one.

Quote Originally Posted by seefei View Post
    must be a big fella to see all the leg truncated liddat! your panagor is really wonderful!!
    Fei, where have you been? AWOL.....

Tat panagor is with 33 mm tubes, so its 1.5 times magnification. First time capturing this fella. Panagor is light, portable and f16 is just nice for the focal length 55mm macro.

Nicest pictures does not come from the most expensive lens.. Panagor is less than 200 bucks..lol.

marcus

trying out this angle of the MBS.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersimon27 View Post
    Back again for more action All taken with 8-16mm

Cathay house 3 by Cool Baby Teo, on Flickr

Cathay house 4 by Cool Baby Teo, on Flickr
    enjoy your UWA shots. keep them coming! i always envisage to get the LaSalle photo that you have but never have enough inertia to get down there to experiment.
    shoot to remember. flickr

Felix, some of your shots are pretty nice actually, but you are not doing them justice by your processing and uploading.

I am not sure whether you youself realise how serious it is, but it is a very obvious weak point in your technique.

Forgive me but I am going to be blunt here, but if I see someone post pictures like that I will have the impression that the person has no pride in his own work.

Quote Originally Posted by CorneliusK View Post
    Felix, some of your shots are pretty nice actually, but you are not doing them justice by your processing and uploading.

I am not sure whether you youself realise how serious it is, but it is a very obvious weak point in your technique.

Forgive me but I am going to be blunt here, but if I see someone post pictures like that I will have the impression that the person has no pride in his own work.
    I don't have good knowledge of PP and I normally don't PP my photos. Seems that the software Iam using for my Mac is giving me these issues. On my PC I used to use picsizer and that was a great software.

What would you recommend I use?

Thanks
    Pentaxian for Life

Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    I don't have good knowledge of PP and I normally don't PP my photos. Seems that the software Iam using for my Mac is giving me these issues. On my PC I used to use picsizer and that was a great software.

What would you recommend I use?

Thanks
    I started off with ACDSee pro, simple and extremely user friendly for beginner, now i'm on Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3, similar, but a little better in almost every aspect, especially useful on my portraiture editing.

Just remember, at this age, post-processing is essential to get the maximum out of digital photos. Photos straight out of the camera is only the starting point.

Lightroom is very good, but its not cheap.

I have heard good things about Rawtherapee which is a free open source alternative. Here is a video showing what you can do with Rawtherapee - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c3c3...eature=related

The bundled Pentax software is also usable, tho not exactly very user friendly.

If you want to make the full use out of your camera you should shoot in RAW then use a proper program to process your files. If you shoot in jpeg, you can only do limited editing to the files, but if you shoot in RAW you have a lot more margin of error to play with.

Here is a video showing the difference between editing in RAW and JPEG - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW6cA...eature=related

There are many many video tutorials online on how to do PP, from basic to fairly advanced levels, just have to do a little searching.

I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by CorneliusK View Post
    Lightroom is very good, but its not cheap.

I have heard good things about Rawtherapee which is a free open source alternative. Here is a video showing what you can do with Rawtherapee - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c3c3...eature=related

The bundled Pentax software is also usable, tho not exactly very user friendly.

If you want to make the full use out of your camera you should shoot in RAW then use a proper program to process your files. If you shoot in jpeg, you can only do limited editing to the files, but if you shoot in RAW you have a lot more margin of error to play with.

Here is a video showing the difference between editing in RAW and JPEG - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW6cA...eature=related

There are many many video tutorials online on how to do PP, from basic to fairly advanced levels, just have to do a little searching.

I hope this helps.
    Yes, THanks a lot Cornelius!!
    Pentaxian for Life

Firework taken with 8-16

yangshuo, a tourist town sits beside the lichiang, where you can find the most beautiful karst peaks in the world....... read on

Play ALPHAMAZE(the ULTIMATE word game) - Download from Apple AppStore, or Google Play : Alphamaze