Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14192223242526293449 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season II

Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

Quote Originally Posted by CorneliusK View Post
    Sunrise at MBS. HDR with DA*16-50

Wah, the reflections in these first 3 shots!!
    My photos - see just some or all of it =)

Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

Camera: PENTAX K20D
    ISO: 100
    Exposure: 30.0 sec
    Aperture: 14.0
    Focal Length: 28mm
    Flash Used: No

Change from Nikon to Pentax system (K20D) and not really familiar with the settings yet
    Do I need to turn off the SR when I take long exposure shots with tripod?

Quote Originally Posted by supercool View Post
    Change from Nikon to Pentax system (K20D) and not really familiar with the settings yet
    Yes you should disable SR when using tripod.

Quote Originally Posted by supercool View Post

Camera: PENTAX K20D
    ISO: 100
    Exposure: 30.0 sec
    Aperture: 14.0
    Focal Length: 28mm
    Flash Used: No

you can try timer + mirror lock up technique
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...45#post7192045

Thanks for all the advises... I wish I can join this weekend outing but have to attend training whole day on Sat . Try to follow on next month

You guys are crazy good!

K55/2 at 2.8
    --

Take with 8-16mm

Quote Originally Posted by gummy73 View Post
    Take with 8-16mm

Beautiful sky Kent.

Blue-throated Bee-eater
    This is a migratory bird, it's rather skittish that it's not easy to shoot in close distance.
    This shot was taken at a distance of >10m away. Usually 500mm is good enuff for most shots but this one I got to use a 1.5x TC

500mm + 1.5x TC, 1/500s, iso 200

Quote Originally Posted by kengoh View Post
    Blue-throated Bee-eater
    This is a migratory bird, it's rather skittish that it's not easy to shoot in close distance.
    This shot was taken at a distance of >10m away. Usually 500mm is good enuff for most shots but this one I got to use a 1.5x TC

500mm + 1.5x TC, 1/500s, iso 200
    beautiful bird! chanced upon one at the Chinese Garden. But scared it away before i could get a shot off!

Hi bros. I am a newbie and just gotten myself a Pentax K-R. Love it, but i realised that whenever i take photos, most of them are blurred.

Any ideas what i am doing wrong? Any suggestions on how i can improve and be as good as you guys?

Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by restigate View Post
    Hi bros. I am a newbie and just gotten myself a Pentax K-R. Love it, but i realised that whenever i take photos, most of them are blurred.

Any ideas what i am doing wrong? Any suggestions on how i can improve and be as good as you guys?

Thank you very much!
    could you post any sample pic and it's EXIF?

Quote Originally Posted by oceanpriest View Post
    could you post any sample pic and it's EXIF?
    An example. I was having lunch yesterday. Wanted to take a photo of the food but the lighting was low and the photo turned out bad.

Sorry for asking this kind of noob questions. Previously using those super zoom cam. So not used to DSLR yet.

Took one that i think is still ok.

Do give me your valuable feedbacks on how i can improve myself.

Thank you so much and thank you for being the first to respond to my question Oceanpriest bro.
    Btw, what is EXIF?

An example. I was having lunch yesterday. Wanted to take a photo of the food but the lighting was low and the photo turned out bad.

Sorry for asking this kind of noob questions. Previously using those super zoom cam. So not used to DSLR yet.

Took one that i think is still ok.

Do give me your valuable feedbacks on how i can improve myself.

Thank you so much and thank you for being the first to respond to my question Oceanpriest bro.
    Btw, what is EXIF?
    EXIF is the metadata showing some information about the camera setting (aperture, shutter speed, ISO), etc. You can view it using PhotoME, or if you upload it to picasa/flickr, you can also view it there.

in this case your 1st pic :
    Shutter priority mode, 1/100, f4.5, ISO800, 35mm, +3 EV

your 2nd pic :
    Manual mode, 1/1250, f5.6, ISO400, 55mm, 0 EV

Looks ok to me, only a little bit underexposed, which means you need to practice more on exposure and try to read the histogram to know whether the pic you took's under or overexposed.

And I noticed for both picture, your custom image jpeg setting for contrast and sharpness was set to soft. Try to play with the setting and adjust it to your own taste. Alternatively shoot in RAW, and apply some post processing.

Simple auto level and auto color, with unsharp mask :

Thank you very much Oceanpriest bro! I will try and adjust my settings.

Somehow i am not able to take very sharp photos. I just learnt about tack sharp and saw examples, but whenever i try, i will end up with the subject being blurred somewhere. e.g. the top portion of the subject, lower portion of the subject, etc...

I currently only have 18-55mm & 55-300mm lens. All of the photos i have taken is by the 18-55mm.

Pic Taken by K135
    1/180
    F2.5

Thank you very much Oceanpriest bro! I will try and adjust my settings.

Somehow i am not able to take very sharp photos. I just learnt about tack sharp and saw examples, but whenever i try, i will end up with the subject being blurred somewhere. e.g. the top portion of the subject, lower portion of the subject, etc...

I currently only have 18-55mm & 55-300mm lens. All of the photos i have taken is by the 18-55mm.
    Base on the two photos you've posted, it seems like you're using the lens wide open (ie. with the smallest f-number/largest aperture size). Most lenses don't achieve their optimal sharpness until you stop down a little. Try shooting at f8, there should be a difference.

And having the subject blurred somewhere can just be due to the limited depth of field (DOF), a "problem" that PnS cameras don't have. If you need to have more of the subject in focus, you may need to take it at a different angle such that the subject is more flat or facing the camera. Or stop down to achieve more DOF.

Don't worry, keep experimenting, you'll get the hang of it.
    My photos - see just some or all of it =)

Yesterday sunset was beautiful.. k-r with da15