Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6111415161718212641 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season II

Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

too long never go meow meow shooting, went and hunt for some meow meow today

ROAR!!!

BLEH

Sweet Dreams
    Last edited by xxrenxx; 15th April 2011 at 11:36 PM.
    Nikon D7000 ~ my louya Flickr >.<

Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion or links to your galleries

with my DA15 on an undisclosed location. :P

--

Recent shots with K-r

Sigma 10-20mm

35mm f/2.4

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Recent shots with K-r

Sigma 10-20mm
    I really like this one! Even more so than your previous takes on this scene. Is the uneven magenta cast in the sky and buildings natural?
    My photos - see just some or all of it =)

Quote Originally Posted by Gengh View Post
    I really like this one! Even more so than your previous takes on this scene. Is the uneven magenta cast in the sky and buildings natural?
    It was there, I just intensified it.. :P

Recent shots with K-r

Sigma 10-20mm

35mm f/2.4
    Both are fantastic shots but #2 is definitely great.

Quote Originally Posted by machiavellian View Post
    with my DA15 on an undisclosed location. :P

Can lure fishing or not this Freshwater? hehe
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

very tasty looking JS... nice orange colour that reminds me of a nice, cold can of fanta orange

Went to park connector this morning and saw this very big flying ant (3cm). I think it's the queen.

The rest can be found here: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...29#post7141029
    Last edited by oceanpriest; 17th April 2011 at 09:27 PM.

Recent shots with K-r

Sigma 10-20mm

35mm f/2.4
    Gorgeous!
    Interesting location for shot#1.
    I'd reckon a need to use a telephoto from the Helix Bridge to get that angle.
    Are you standing on water?
    Maybe I just need to go there more

Misty sunrise today.
    Sorry for the lens flare... it is too big to remove it.

Misty Jetty @ Waterfront (17Apr11) by xtunbox, on Flickr

--Deleted-- Double post--
    Last edited by xtunbox; 17th April 2011 at 02:41 PM. Reason: double post

Bro , impressive as usual

Recent shots with K-r

Sigma 10-20mm

35mm f/2.4
    My Flickr ->Flickr

I bought the DFA100MM Macro today, and fired a few shots.
    Somehow it only focus on the center.. i not sure if this is normal. Please enlighten me. Thanks!

http://tinypic.com/r/vrx0ef/7

http://tinypic.com/r/2nrj9ya/7

http://tinypic.com/r/vfcpxi/7

totally in love with the multixposure capability!

taken during last night's rockandroots. To check out the rest of the photos, it's here: http://post.ly/1uK3x (or if you don't feel safe clicking that, click this: http://mkvlln.posterous.com/blog)
    --

Quote Originally Posted by noside View Post
    I bought the DFA100MM Macro today, and fired a few shots.
    Somehow it only focus on the center.. i not sure if this is normal. Please enlighten me. Thanks!
    its called "depth of field"...

when u close in on a subject, especially at minimum focusing distance, DOF is very thin, which will give u exactly the effect you posted in your sample pix.

its normal. thats why most macro shooters step down to F11, F16 to get more DOF.

imagine the line of text to be an insect that u're shooting... u won't be able to get the whole insect sharp because the DOF is only a few MM.

like the example below - head is in sharp focus, backside is not. its normal.

by the way, i was having problems ID-ing this bug... anyone can help?
    Last edited by detritus; 17th April 2011 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    its called "depth of field"...

when u close in on a subject, especially at minimum focusing distance, DOF is very thin, which will give u exactly the effect you posted in your sample pix.

its normal. thats why most macro shooters step down to F11, F16 to get more DOF.

imagine the line of text to be an insect that u're shooting... u won't be able to get the whole insect sharp because the DOF is only a few MM.

like the example below - head is in sharp focus, backside is not. its normal.
    Yup! thts what im thinking too, how come u all can get those insect so sharp and almost whole body is clear but mine cannot..

Thanks for the reply and information.
    Last edited by noside; 17th April 2011 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noside View Post
    Yup! thts what im thinking too, how come u all can get those insect so sharp and almost whole body is clear but mine cannot..

Thanks for the reply and information.
    its a simple matter of composition and technique. if the subject is parallel to your sensor (i.e. side view of grasshopper), the whole subject will be sharp

technique is either holding your camera steady to minimise shakes, or putting it on a tripod / monopod for better stability.

its really straightforward.

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    its a simple matter of composition and technique. if the subject is parallel to your sensor (i.e. side view of grasshopper), the whole subject will be sharp

technique is either holding your camera steady to minimise shakes, or putting it on a tripod / monopod for better stability.

its really straightforward.
    i still need to learn alot! haha!

i try with F16 and the result is very much better thn previous shots..

http://tinypic.com/r/2dhze4w/7

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Gorgeous!
    Interesting location for shot#1.
    I'd reckon a need to use a telephoto from the Helix Bridge to get that angle.
    Are you standing on water?
    Maybe I just need to go there more
    Taken from the waterfront area of MBS.