Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone willing to ditch their entire DSLR system for the Fuji X100?

Default Re: Anyone willing to ditch their entire DSLR system for the Fuji X100?

Honestly, im not impressed with the quality of the camera and the Fujinon lens. Images dont pop out to me even at F2, and the high ISO quality as presented on the Fuji X100 thread makes the images soft. Some say the softness gives the dreamy look of Leica lenses. But to each his own i guess - im not impressed.

Leica is fully manual focus, so I dont think its an apple to apples comparison, though they look similar. Unless you are talking about their compact range ie. Leica X1.

personally im quite disappointed by the results as well. for the price of a 2nd hand 7d, i was expecting a lot more. but for the size, its a discrete street camera and thats one of the key considerations for me

I'll never ditch my DSLR for a X100. Changing different lens to me is important. So if you are saying a Leica M9 maybe I will.
    | 5D Mark III | 24-70mm F2.8L MK II | 70-200mm F2.8L IS MK II | 600 EX-RT | Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG (A) |

It's possible that I might (if I had a load of spare money, and after I bought all the things I wanted to buy for my DSLR side) consider this as a secondary camera.

But to say that a X100 can replace my DSLR system is quite over-assuming - it's like tying your hand behind your back (since you can't switch lenses) and asking if you're still find with functioning in life. Of course, there are possibly benefits to it (e.g. you get a small amount of mind-over-matter control, adding to my initial analogy), but to me, this doesn't outweight the losses.

Haha, rather ditch as much fugi x100 to get pro fx dslr.
    nikon D300sl MB-D10 l AF-S VR 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED l AF 50mm f1.8 l Tok 12-24mm F4 l SB900

X100 Review by Kai

Not me

Quote Originally Posted by wmayeo View Post
    X100 Review by Kai

Actually his back shooting street photos can be done with a big ass SLR as well

Kai's review in this episode is very biased towards the camera. He doesn't mention the quality for one, and the focus speed. And the horrible MFD.

Waiting for an update to this review.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12