Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Nikon 1.7x TC with AFS 105mm VR Macro

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    102

    Default Nikon 1.7x TC with AFS 105mm VR Macro

    Is the above combo possible? Was told that it is possible only if i add extension tube to it. Is it true?

  2. #2
    Senior Member luna_sea83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: Nikon 1.7x TC with AFS 105mm VR Macro

    Nope you can't

  3. #3

    Default Re: Nikon 1.7x TC with AFS 105mm VR Macro

    I am not sure about 1.7x TC but I am able to do 105 VR + TC20eiii. Can AF but IQ wide open sucks IMHO.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Nikon 1.7x TC with AFS 105mm VR Macro

    Hi shelomoh, I heard that III version IQ is much better than II. You meant 105 VR + TC 20E III IQ is still bad?
    D90 | N17-55 F2.8 | N70-200 F2.8 VR | N105 F2.8 VR | SB600

  5. #5

    Default Re: Nikon 1.7x TC with AFS 105mm VR Macro

    Quote Originally Posted by cschoy View Post
    Is the above combo possible? Was told that it is possible only if i add extension tube to it. Is it true?
    If you are referring to TC17 II, it works with AFS 105 VR.
    D3 D800 RX-1 X100 E-M5 My flickr

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    102

    Default Re: Nikon 1.7x TC with AFS 105mm VR Macro

    thanks for all the feedback. Now i can go get my TC liao haha

  7. #7

    Default Re: Nikon 1.7x TC with AFS 105mm VR Macro

    Quote Originally Posted by HeMan View Post
    Hi shelomoh, I heard that III version IQ is much better than II. You meant 105 VR + TC 20E III IQ is still bad?
    It's passable on D700 but sharper if you decrease the aperture a bit. On D300, the IQ is even worse. I mean don't expect the kind of quality as without the TC. I like the bokeh on 105 VR but with the TC, the bokeh now doesn't look as good as before.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Nikon 1.7x TC with AFS 105mm VR Macro

    Quote Originally Posted by shelomoh View Post
    I mean don't expect the kind of quality as without the TC. I like the bokeh on 105 VR but with the TC, the bokeh now doesn't look as good as before.
    Just to understand clearer...are you comparing both set at f5.6, with TC the Bokeh is much worst than without.
    As 2x TC will give you f5.6 at the widest. If possible, can you post the two pix for us to see. Thank you.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •