Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: japan earthquake

Default Re: japan earthquake

Quote Originally Posted by voxies09 View Post
    guys, where did you donate?
    i haven't. hmm...

there are some who are more concerned about their electronic gadget purchases and the availability.. in indonesia, the indonesians are concerned about maria ozawa..

zzzzzzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by voxies09 View Post
    guys, where did you donate?
    i haven't. hmm...

there are some who are more concerned about their electronic gadget purchases and the availability.. in indonesia, the indonesians are concerned about maria ozawa..

zzzzzzzzzzz

For those whom may have friends or love ones in Japan disaster area might want to visit this site for numbers to enquire. http//app.crisis.gov.sg/home/Page.aspx?id=41
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Scary videos:
    HX300/ EPL6/ EOS60D/ 17-55mmF2.8IS/ 100mmF2.8Macro/ 135mmF2L/ 70-200mmF4LIS/ 300mmF4LIS

Those who like to make a donation for the aid, can do so with mercyrelief.org
    this is a registered charity organisation in sg.
    https://www.charities.gov.sg/charity/index.do
    Last edited by coolthought; 14th March 2011 at 08:50 PM.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

did china help? a lot of older folks says payback time. they still remember the war.

Quote Originally Posted by vr666m View Post
    did china help? a lot of older folks says payback time. they still remember the war.
    yup they sent a 15-man team

Quote Originally Posted by vr666m View Post
    walan, what kind of mindset.... ppl already suffering and trying best to restore the situation, what older folks say payback time. That's sarcastic.

so the next time something bad happened this side, other side ppl also said the same thing?

for those who want to donate online can go here :

http://www.causes.com/campaigns/154523

by red cross america.
    Objection !!!

Donations can be made via selected ATM such as DBS, OCBC...

However, please beware of scams where there maybe unthical ppl taking advantage to call for "Donations" and ended up in their pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by shorty View Post
    walan, what kind of mindset.... ppl already suffering and trying best to restore the situation, what older folks say payback time. That's sarcastic.
    so the next time something bad happened this side, other side ppl also said the same thing?
    we cant really judge them becoz our generation never went thru the sufferings of war. but to be fair, japan has been facing quakes since the beginning of history, so its not really a payback. its been happening before the war.

personally i think china should offer more help to build up their reputation, which is so negative right now with the killer-milk and cat-killers...
    Nikon D700| 70-200mm f/2.8G VR2| 28-70mm f/2.8D| 85mm f/1.8G| 50mm f/1.8G| SB900/SB28| MB-D10

D90, 18-105mm f/ 3.5-5.6G, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D.

Quote Originally Posted by shorty View Post

because they were the ones who experienced WWII first hand. if you see your parents murdered by the japs in front of your eyes during the war, would you help the japanese now? WWII is not that long ago, it's still within a generation.

China really sent 15 men.
    that's probably generous already.

please dont go off topic. don't discuss china this, japan that, your father this, your mother that.
    Objection !!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    please dont go off topic. don't discuss china this, japan that, your father this, your mother that.
    cant help it. there are idiots in this world like them.

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/5...0152759817.jpg

apart from the vulgar language, i believe that the facebook comments were really uncalled for.

and i doubt its only them.
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 15th March 2011 at 07:43 PM.

there is no right or wrong especially to those ppl who have suffer in the hands of the Imperial army during the Japan occupation. Some will say they deserve it.

for me, my grandpa was killed by them....

My grandpa was tortured by the Japanese with water forced down his throat and stomach, then stepped on.

And my Japanese college mates used to tell me that Nanking Massacre was exaggerated. They invaded China and Asia was to liberate us from the West.

I don't hate the Japanese today. But I really feel they are unrepentant about the War.

But in this disaster, I admire the Japanese people for their calm and orderly manner in time of crisis. Something which we can all learn from.

who knows.. if they continue to rule Asia, will the whole of Asia be a better place to live in?

Quote Originally Posted by Benign View Post
    My grandpa was tortured by the Japanese with water forced down his throat and stomach, then stepped on.

And my Japanese college mates used to tell me that Nanking Massacre was exaggerated. They invaded China and Asia was to liberate us from the West.

I don't hate the Japanese today. But I really feel they are unrepentant about the War.

But in this disaster, I admire the Japanese people for their calm and orderly manner in time of crisis. Something which we can all learn from.
    There isn't a single war where the winners didn't do bad things to the losers. It's still hard to stomach the atrocities that the Japanese committed, especially since it hits closer to home, but I think if you examine history with a more critical eye, everyone's done it before - one way or another. That said, it doesn't mean they're less wrong - but well, sometimes the groups of people who comment on this aspect so happily need to take a firmer look at themselves.
    Last edited by edutilos-; 15th March 2011 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    who knows.. if they continue to rule Asia, will the whole of Asia be a better place to live in?

If they continue to rule Asia, I wouldn't be here to see it. I think my family would have been wiped up long ago.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast