Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 122

Thread: japan earthquake

  1. #41

    Default Re: japan earthquake

    Quote Originally Posted by voxies09 View Post
    guys, where did you donate?
    i haven't. hmm...

    there are some who are more concerned about their electronic gadget purchases and the availability.. in indonesia, the indonesians are concerned about maria ozawa..

    zzzzzzzzzzz

  2. #42

    Default Re: japan earthquake

    Quote Originally Posted by voxies09 View Post
    guys, where did you donate?
    i haven't. hmm...

    there are some who are more concerned about their electronic gadget purchases and the availability.. in indonesia, the indonesians are concerned about maria ozawa..

    zzzzzzzzzzz

  3. #43

    Default

    For those whom may have friends or love ones in Japan disaster area might want to visit this site for numbers to enquire. http//app.crisis.gov.sg/home/Page.aspx?id=41
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  4. #44

    Default Re: japan earthquake

    Scary videos:
    HX300/ EPL6/ EOS60D/ 17-55mmF2.8IS/ 100mmF2.8Macro/ 135mmF2L/ 70-200mmF4LIS/ 300mmF4LIS

  5. #45

    Default Re: japan earthquake

    Those who like to make a donation for the aid, can do so with mercyrelief.org
    this is a registered charity organisation in sg.
    https://www.charities.gov.sg/charity/index.do
    Last edited by coolthought; 14th March 2011 at 08:50 PM.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  6. #46

    Default Re: japan earthquake

    did china help? a lot of older folks says payback time. they still remember the war.

  7. #47

    Default Re: japan earthquake

    Quote Originally Posted by vr666m View Post
    did china help? a lot of older folks says payback time. they still remember the war.
    yup they sent a 15-man team

  8. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Lintas
    Posts
    208

    Default Re: japan earthquake

    Quote Originally Posted by vr666m View Post
    did china help? a lot of older folks says payback time. they still remember the war.
    walan, what kind of mindset.... ppl already suffering and trying best to restore the situation, what older folks say payback time. That's sarcastic.

    so the next time something bad happened this side, other side ppl also said the same thing?

  9. #49

    Default Re: japan earthquake

    for those who want to donate online can go here :

    http://www.causes.com/campaigns/154523

    by red cross america.
    Objection !!!

  10. #50

    Default Re: japan earthquake

    Donations can be made via selected ATM such as DBS, OCBC...

    However, please beware of scams where there maybe unthical ppl taking advantage to call for "Donations" and ended up in their pocket.

  11. #51
    Member Alan Chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    561

    Default Re: japan earthquake

    Quote Originally Posted by shorty View Post
    walan, what kind of mindset.... ppl already suffering and trying best to restore the situation, what older folks say payback time. That's sarcastic.
    so the next time something bad happened this side, other side ppl also said the same thing?
    we cant really judge them becoz our generation never went thru the sufferings of war. but to be fair, japan has been facing quakes since the beginning of history, so its not really a payback. its been happening before the war.

    personally i think china should offer more help to build up their reputation, which is so negative right now with the killer-milk and cat-killers...
    Nikon D700| 70-200mm f/2.8G VR2| 28-70mm f/2.8D| 85mm f/1.8G| 50mm f/1.8G| SB900/SB28| MB-D10

  12. #52
    D90, 18-105mm f/ 3.5-5.6G, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D.

  13. #53

    Default Re: japan earthquake

    Quote Originally Posted by shorty View Post
    walan, what kind of mindset.... ppl already suffering and trying best to restore the situation, what older folks say payback time. That's sarcastic.

    so the next time something bad happened this side, other side ppl also said the same thing?
    because they were the ones who experienced WWII first hand. if you see your parents murdered by the japs in front of your eyes during the war, would you help the japanese now? WWII is not that long ago, it's still within a generation.

    China really sent 15 men.
    that's probably generous already.

  14. #54

    Default Re: japan earthquake

    please dont go off topic. don't discuss china this, japan that, your father this, your mother that.
    Objection !!!

  15. #55
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: japan earthquake

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    please dont go off topic. don't discuss china this, japan that, your father this, your mother that.
    cant help it. there are idiots in this world like them.

    http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/5...0152759817.jpg

    apart from the vulgar language, i believe that the facebook comments were really uncalled for.

    and i doubt its only them.
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 15th March 2011 at 07:43 PM.

  16. #56

    Default Re: japan earthquake

    there is no right or wrong especially to those ppl who have suffer in the hands of the Imperial army during the Japan occupation. Some will say they deserve it.

    for me, my grandpa was killed by them....

  17. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    494

    Default Re: japan earthquake

    My grandpa was tortured by the Japanese with water forced down his throat and stomach, then stepped on.

    And my Japanese college mates used to tell me that Nanking Massacre was exaggerated. They invaded China and Asia was to liberate us from the West.

    I don't hate the Japanese today. But I really feel they are unrepentant about the War.

    But in this disaster, I admire the Japanese people for their calm and orderly manner in time of crisis. Something which we can all learn from.

  18. #58

    Default Re: japan earthquake

    who knows.. if they continue to rule Asia, will the whole of Asia be a better place to live in?

  19. #59
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: japan earthquake

    Quote Originally Posted by Benign View Post
    My grandpa was tortured by the Japanese with water forced down his throat and stomach, then stepped on.

    And my Japanese college mates used to tell me that Nanking Massacre was exaggerated. They invaded China and Asia was to liberate us from the West.

    I don't hate the Japanese today. But I really feel they are unrepentant about the War.

    But in this disaster, I admire the Japanese people for their calm and orderly manner in time of crisis. Something which we can all learn from.
    There isn't a single war where the winners didn't do bad things to the losers. It's still hard to stomach the atrocities that the Japanese committed, especially since it hits closer to home, but I think if you examine history with a more critical eye, everyone's done it before - one way or another. That said, it doesn't mean they're less wrong - but well, sometimes the groups of people who comment on this aspect so happily need to take a firmer look at themselves.
    Last edited by edutilos-; 15th March 2011 at 10:26 PM.

  20. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    494

    Default Re: japan earthquake

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    who knows.. if they continue to rule Asia, will the whole of Asia be a better place to live in?

    If they continue to rule Asia, I wouldn't be here to see it. I think my family would have been wiped up long ago.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •