Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 823283132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Bon Appétit

Default Re: Bon Appétit

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    That looks Yummy, want to go to Taiwan.

Hey I saw that recently Canon EOS World is organizing a taste photo contest and the winner will have the chance to participate to Dr Leslie Tay workshop at CIA Canon.

Dr Leslie Tay is a food photographer, creator of ieatishootipost blog and he makes a lot of mouth-watering photos.

Maybe you want to give a try
    Hi Harry, glad they work for you.
    Nah, not into any contest and not a Canon user either but thanks for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by ntheni View Post
    One of my fav stall lol blk 805 if I didn't remember wrongly. I was surprised these ah Beng can cook haha
    Paiseh, I don't really know the block number but I guess you are right
    I believe it was started by a bunch of army buddies, used to be donned in military t-shirts in the early days. And yes, they CAN cook

Default Western Food

Western Food

Fish n Chips

Thanks for viewing....

Default Buffet

Buffet Breakfast @ Starz, Hard Rock Hotel

Starz's decor was modern contemporary with quirky lighting and lots of space to move around. I like the ambience; it’s pretty relaxing enjoying the not so comprehensive - usual spread breakfast selection. I wished the food could be tastier and perhaps with more variety. The bacon was too over-cooked and hard as rock (no pun intended) but the fish congee was good, just don’t expect to find (m)any fish slices within.

Fish Congee

English Breakfast

Roti Prata

Thanks for viewing....

Last edited by asthio88; 4th November 2012 at 11:14 PM.

Default Buffet

Buffet Lunch @ Ellenborough Market Cafe

Located in Swissotel Merchant Ct, this cafe is one of my family regular place for high tea/buffet. They are popular for their peranakan dishes which are our absolute favorite, the spread can be categorized into a few sections:

- Peranakan;
    love the ayam buah keluak and curry pork but was kinda disappointed the stewed mutton is missing from the spread, the nyonya kueh is also a treat

- Japanese food;
    sushi, tempura & sashimi

- Local hawker food;
    laksa, carrot cake, fried kway teow

- Chilled seafood;
    scallops, crabs, prawns, oysters

- Hot dishes;
    steamed grouper, sambal prawns and another of our favorite (which is also missing in our last visit), black pepper cray fish.

- Dessert, salad, confectionary & small eats;
    the variety of this section is pretty impressive, you can find many regular local desserts (mango sago, chendol, ice kachang, bobo chacha, cheng terng) as well as international items like tiramisu, crème brulee and cakes. Not forgetting the delightful durian & chempedak pengat/puree.

Weekend is always crowded and is usually full, booking has to be done a day or 2 in advance. Our experience there has always been pleasant and we usually spend the entire afternoon relaxing (read: eating).

Tempura

Durian & Chempedak Pengat/Puree

Thanks for viewing....
    Last edited by asthio88; 7th November 2012 at 10:56 AM.

Default Re: Buffet

This is a great place if the objective is to fill the stomach, how does it fare compared to Rose Veranda of Shangri-La Hotel and Chihuly Lounge of Ritz Carlton?

Pastries

Nyonya Kueh

Thanks for viewing....
    Last edited by asthio88; 8th November 2012 at 11:22 PM.

From the Indian corner, the prata was surprisingly very crispy and delectable this time round.
    Not as flavorful as those of Thasevi in Jalan Kayu but definitely comparable to the better ones in the market.

Mutton Murtabak

Roti Prata

Thanks for viewing....

Fruit Rojak

Laksa

Thanks for viewing...
    Happy Deepavali!

Default Buffet

Dimsum

Cheng Tng

Thanks for viewing...

Quote Originally Posted by asthio88 View Post
    Buffet Breakfast @ Starz, Hard Rock Hotel

Starz's decor was modern contemporary with quirky lighting and lots of space to move around. I like the ambience; it’s pretty relaxing enjoying the not so comprehensive - usual spread breakfast selection. I wished the food could be tastier and perhaps with more variety. The bacon was too over-cooked and hard as rock (no pun intended) but the fish congee was good, just don’t expect to find (m)any fish slices within.

Fish Congee

English Breakfast

Roti Prata

Thanks for viewing....

How was the food? Been wanting to try the dinner buffet but still don't have the chance lol

Default Bon Appetit

from across the causeway

Few quick snaps from across the causeway. The claypot bak kut teh and pig trotters were taken from Ah-Soon which is very popular among the locals and Singaporeans alike. Love the crispy deep-fried tofu skin and the bubbling hot herbal broth, probably one of the most 'drinkable' soup I have ever had - sweet and clear and devoid of the strong peppery flavor commonly found in bak kut teh (even those from Rong Chen which is known for its clear soup). Another signature dish worth trying is their rice-wine chicken.

Bak Kut Teh

Vinegar Pig Trotters

Hakka Lei Cha (Thunder Tea)

Thanks for viewing...

Default Re: Bon Appetit

ha looks very nice. must try again.
    天国近了。
    Sony A550 & C3

Quote Originally Posted by asthio88
    from across the causeway

Few quick snaps from across the causeway. The claypot bak kut teh and pig trotters were taken from Ah-Soon which is very popular among the locals and Singaporeans alike. Love the crispy deep-fried tofu skin and the bubbling hot herbal broth, probably one of the most 'drinkable' soup I have ever had - sweet and clear and devoid of the strong peppery flavor commonly found in bak kut teh (even those from which is known for its clear soup). Another signature dish worth trying is their rice-wine chicken.

Bak Kut Teh

Vinegar Pig Trotters

Hakka Lei Cha (Thunder Tea)

Thanks for viewing...
    Hi TS, do you know what kind of soup is that in hakka lei cha? Tried before in LPS, but totally gave up on the soup after a sip. Tastes horrible, but quite like the rice thou.
    Food Esteem
    www.foodesteem.blogspot.sg

Default Re: Bon Appétit

How was the food? Been wanting to try the dinner buffet but still don't have the chance lol
    I have not tried their dinner but I heard it is ok. The breakfast was acceptable, nothing special but kinda inconsistent though.

Quote Originally Posted by 1912123 View Post
    ha looks very nice. must try again.
    Hi 1912123, thanks for dropping by

Quote Originally Posted by Food Esteem View Post
    Hi TS, do you know what kind of soup is that in hakka lei cha? Tried before in LPS, but totally gave up on the soup after a sip. Tastes horrible, but quite like the rice thou.
    Hi Food Esteem, usually green tea with peanuts, basil, mint and sesame seed. Some add in parsley too. I have not tried the stall in LPS but there are friends of mine who are not into the thunder tea (lei-cha). A lil bout lei cha in my earlier post.
    Last edited by asthio88; 28th January 2013 at 01:38 PM.

Default Western Food

Western Food

Café Cartel used to be one of the restaurants my family love to go for no-frills, fast-serving, reasonable price and pretty nice food. The house specialty St Louis pork ribs was our favorite – huge serving of tender, juicy and well-marinated pork ribs topped with really nice bbq sauce! Not forgetting the free-flow bread and the not too bad salad bar. Ever since the closure of the outlet near to our place due to redevelopment some 3+ years ago, we have not visited café cartel until now. And boy, what a ‘brand new’ experience which made us wonder, what has gone wrong?

Yes, the price has been adjusted upwards and it was expected (and acceptable) but the quality of the service and food was outrageous. And where’s the free-flow bread?

The pork rib has a very strong and unpleasant (pork) smell, over-cooked, really dry and hard to chew. The sauce served was pitiably little and we had to ask twice for more sauce. The fish & chips, pasta and lasagna was similarly over-cooked. The service was, well, almost non-existent. We were kinda ignored the whole time there when the house wasn’t even half-filled. Maybe it was just this (NEX) outlet or only on that one unfortunate day but for whatever reasons, it was probably one of the worst (eating) experiences we have had for a long time. If it’s of any consolation it’s the soup, the only dish worth mentioning.

Thanks for viewing...

Last edited by asthio88; 16th December 2012 at 11:26 PM.

Western Food

Caf Cartel used to be one of the restaurants my family love to go for no-frills, fast-serving, reasonable price and pretty nice food. The house specialty St Louis pork ribs was our favorite huge serving of tender, juicy and well-marinated pork ribs topped with really nice bbq sauce! Not forgetting the free-flow bread and the not too bad salad bar. Ever since the closure of the outlet near to our place due to redevelopment some 3+ years ago, we have not visited caf cartel until now. And boy, what a bbrand new experience which made us wonder, what has gone wrong?

Yes, the price has been adjusted upwards and it was expected (and acceptable) but the quality of the service and food was outrageous. And wheress the free-flow bread?

The pork rib has a very strong and unpleasant (pork) smell, over-cooked, really dry and hard to chew. The sauce served was pitiably little and we had to ask twice for more sauce. The fish & chips, pasta and lasagna was similarly over-cooked. The service was, well, almost non-existent. We were kinda ignored the whole time there when the house wasntt even half-filled. Maybe it was just this (NEX) outlet or only on that one unfortunate day but for whatever reasons, it was probably one of the worst (eating) experiences we have had for a long time. If itss of any consolation itss the soup, the only dish worth mentioning.

Thanks for viewing...
    Well, it's the same scenario over at plaza SG... don't know what's gone wrong.

Btw, if ya noticed, a no. of branches r already closed for good - IMM & City Hall...

Default Re: Western Food

Western Food

Café Cartel used to be one of the restaurants my family love to go for no-frills, fast-serving, reasonable price and pretty nice food. The house specialty St Louis pork ribs was our favorite – huge serving of tender, juicy and well-marinated pork ribs topped with really nice bbq sauce! Not forgetting the free-flow bread and the not too bad salad bar. Ever since the closure of the outlet near to our place due to redevelopment some 3+ years ago, we have not visited café cartel until now. And boy, what a ‘brand new’ experience which made us wonder, what has gone wrong?

Yes, the price has been adjusted upwards and it was expected (and acceptable) but the quality of the service and food was outrageous. And where’s the free-flow bread?

The pork rib has a very strong and unpleasant (pork) smell, over-cooked, really dry and hard to chew. The sauce served was pitiably little and we had to ask twice for more sauce. The fish & chips, pasta and lasagna was similarly over-cooked. The service was, well, almost non-existent. We were kinda ignored the whole time there when the house wasn’t even half-filled. Maybe it was just this (NEX) outlet or only on that one unfortunate day but for whatever reasons, it was probably one of the worst (eating) experiences we have had for a long time. If it’s of any consolation it’s the soup, the only dish worth mentioning.

Thanks for viewing...

Used to be my fav family restaurant too. Love their milkshake lol didn't know they turn out so bad nowadays

Default Western Food

Western Food

Our highly anticipated St. Louis Pork Ribs which turned out to be a total disappointment but for old times' sake, I will give it another try.

Thanks for viewing...

Last edited by asthio88; 21st December 2012 at 02:37 PM.

Hi bro asthio88, true enough and kind of not quite understand the reason for "Standard-Drop" nowadays, from some of the used to be well known for their foods/services as well manz...sigh...!!!

Hi bro, long time no pop in liao...how's life manz?

hmm...some nice smells and nice colorful foods...hehe...!!

Merry Christmas to you and your family...
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)

Used to be my fav family restaurant too. Love their milkshake lol didn't know they turn out so bad nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by kiario04 View Post
    Well, it's the same scenario over at plaza SG... don't know what's gone wrong.

Btw, if ya noticed, a no. of branches r already closed for good - IMM & City Hall...

Yes, bro Anthony, my boy's super favorite - the chocolate milkshake!

Didn't know there were other outlets closed for good, a pity really. Wasn't exactly fantastic but definitely more thn a decent place to dine.

Quote Originally Posted by blueskye168 View Post
    Hi bro asthio88, true enough and kind of not quite understand the reason for "Standard-Drop" nowadays, from some of the used to be well known for their foods/services as well manz...sigh...!!!

Hi bro, long time no pop in liao...how's life manz?

hmm...some nice smells and nice colorful foods...hehe...!!

Merry Christmas to you and your family...

Hi bro Eric, long time no see. Where and how have you been?
    Thanks... Great to see you around...
    Merry (belated) Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family too.
    Last edited by asthio88; 11th March 2013 at 11:56 AM.

Default Bangkok Food

Bangkok Food

Bangkok is no doubt the world most popular tourist destination and is one of the cities my wife and I visit the most. I lost count how many times we have been there but why Bangkok? The friendly people, the rich culture, the inexpensive and good quality products and of course, the food. You name it and you will probably find it in here.

(view after a heavy downpour from our hotel room)

Bangkok came out top in one of the online (tourism) survey where food is concerned. And yes, food is available throughout the city which truly lives up to the saying when in Bangkok “where there are people, there will be food!”

The street food here is amazing, from the ordinary bbq meat or fruit salads to the more exotic food like fried insects, if you are adventurous enough you can always munch a grasshopper or even a cockroach! In recent years, many street food have made their ways to air-conditioned food courts or even restaurants. Sharing the following series food pics taken during our short trip last month.

MANGO STICKY RICE

This is a very popular and yet a simple dessert and is our uber favorite, a must have whenever we are in Bangkok. This was taken in a cafe in Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Thanks for viewing...

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 823283132333435 ... LastLast