Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234581328 ... LastLast

Thread: Bon Appétit

Default Re: Bon Appétit

Shark's Fin & Fish Maw soup:

Wolf berry & Aloe vera herbal jelly

Last edited by asthio88; 16th July 2012 at 10:50 PM.

Thumbs up! Nice series Asthio88. I am just started learning food photography and your photos are inspiring! May I know what lens you use to take the food? And how did you get that consistent white balance? As I always have problem adjusting the white balance on post-processing

Nice food series and nice lighting..

Quote Originally Posted by gkoopir View Post
    Nice food series and nice lighting..
    Hi gkoopir, thanks for the compliment, glad you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by weupzz View Post
    Thumbs up! Nice series Asthio88. I am just started learning food photography and your photos are inspiring! May I know what lens you use to take the food? And how did you get that consistent white balance? As I always have problem adjusting the white balance on post-processing

Hi weupzz, big thanks but paiseh. I am still learning, there are rooms for improvement

Most were taken with Sigma 30mm f1.4 and 50mm f1.4. White balance is tough, sometimes can't get it right even when using white card (custom WB) so I shoot in RAW and post process later.

It is also helpful placing a small piece of neutral colour (gray) item/card near the subject (which can be cropped away) and in pp using the White Balance tool in Camera Raw and click on the item. In photoshop, using Levels, and click on the middle eyedrop icon on the item. Most of the time it works.
    Last edited by asthio88; 16th July 2012 at 10:48 PM.

Photo-technique is ok, but no food styling so food doesn't look too appealing...
    A picture tells a thousand words, and I'm very tired of typing...

Quote Originally Posted by asthio88 View Post
    Hi weupzz, big thanks but paiseh. I am still learning, there are rooms for improvement

Most were taken with Sigma 30mm f1.4 and 50mm f1.4. White balance is tough, sometimes can't get it right even when using white card (custom WB) so I shoot in RAW and post process later.

It is also helpful placing a small piece of neutral colour (gray) item/card near the subject (which can be cropped away) and in pp using the White Balance tool in Camera Raw and click on the item. In photoshop, using Levels, and click on the middle eyedrop icon on the item. Most of the time it works.
    Keep it up! Thanks for the tips on the grey card/item. I never tried flash into food photography as well, might try it now. Btw did you take a slight overexposed food photos on the camera or done in the PP?

Keep it up! Thanks for the tips on the grey card/item. I never tried flash into food photography as well, might try it now. Btw did you take a slight overexposed food photos on the camera or done in the PP?

Quote Originally Posted by BountyHunter View Post
    Photo-technique is ok, but no food styling so food doesn't look too appealing...
    Hi BountyHunter, many thanks for pointing that up. Yup, still have a lot to learn Care to share how I could make the food I took more appealing or any tips on food styling? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by weupzz View Post
    Thanks weupzz. Yup, usually I take a tad overexposed and further enhance in PP (depending on the photos). You too, keep shooting and in the mean time, enjoy the food

More from Gold Coast:

Caesar Chicken Salad:

Tea time.....

Last edited by asthio88; 19th April 2012 at 11:01 PM.

Tea time continues...

Thanks for viewing
    Last edited by asthio88; 19th April 2012 at 11:02 PM.

Cod Fillet with Mustard Sauce & New Potato

Salmon with Apricot Sauce & Smoked Tuna

Stewed Lamb in Dark Soya Sauce

Beancurd skin rolls

Thanks for viewing

Shrimp with Avocado & Cocktail Sauce

Grilled Mixed Vegetables

Mediterranean Pasta Salad

Thanks for viewing

Thanks for viewing
    Last edited by asthio88; 19th April 2012 at 11:03 PM.

Tiramisu

Thanks for viewing

Talking Re: Bon Appétit

The shrimp looks delicious, nice nice

When are you posting the recipe for the thunder tea?

Shrimp with Avocado & Cocktail Sauce

Grilled Mixed Vegetables

Mediterranean Pasta Salad

Thanks for viewing

One of my family's favorite hang out place for soya beancurd (tau huay/tou hua) in Geylang. It used to be really great, the beancurd was smooth and the carrot cake was 'juicy' (not the usual kind found in the market, you can really see & taste the carrot/radish in it).

Ever since they moved to the new shop in Lor 27A, we feel it no longer has its original taste/quality especially so for the Spring Onion Pancake & Xiao Long Bao. Still, we will continue eating there

Peanut beancurd

You Tiao (dough fritters):

Xiao Long Bao:

Last edited by asthio88; 16th July 2012 at 10:52 PM.

Carrot Cake:

Meat Floss-Egg Toasted Bun:

Taiwan Meatball:

Thanks for viewing

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234581328 ... LastLast