Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 141922232425262934 ... LastLast

Thread: Bon Appétit

Default Re: High Tea

Not nice meh? I have it last august, vry tasty what. Durian smell vry strong and cake oso smooth. Maybe your taste diffrent loh.

Quote Originally Posted by asthio88 View Post
    pelit!!!
    Yeah, they still serve durian cakes alright but not really worth mentioning Don't think it's anywhere near the Goodwood Pk kinda standard though...

Default Pig's organ soup (猪杂汤)

Pig's organ soup (猪杂汤)

Pig's organ soup (猪杂汤) or commonly known locally as ‘ter huang kiam chye' (pig innards and salted vegetable in Teochew/Hokkien), is a popular dish in Singapore and Malaysia and its origin can be traced back to Teochew, China. It is a soup base dish usually served with other side dishes (tofu, peanuts, salted vegetables, eggs, braised pig innards/skin/pork belly etc) and rice. The broth is boiled from a mixture of pig innards/offals (including intestines, heart, liver, tongue, blood cubes as well as pork balls and meat slices), salted vegetables and chopped onion leaves or dong cai/pickles.

If you are familiar with Serangoon Way Food Centre, you will probably agree that the most popular stall during lunch time is no doubt this Soon Huat Pig Organ’s Soup. Just head towards the longest queue in the food centre and you can’t be wrong. Although this stall does not have long history like Cheng Mun Chee Kee and the owner has only started some 6-7 years ago, it is without doubt one of the best in the market.

To be honest, I am not a big fan of this dish as I don’t really enjoy innards but I do order from them once in a while (usually without intestines and liver). The serving is pretty generous and the broth is extremely delicious and flavory. The other side dish I love is their melt-in-the-mouth and super tender pig trotters.

Thanks for viewing....

Last edited by asthio88; 6th May 2012 at 04:11 PM.

Default Re: Pig's organ soup (猪杂汤)

[COLOR="#008000"][I][CENTER]High Tea

Last few from the high tea series.....

Black Forest

that black forest cake looks so yummy..... very clear and nice shot...!!

Pig's organ soup (猪杂汤)

Pig's organ soup (猪杂汤) or commonly known locally as ‘ter huang kiam chye' (pig innards and salted vegetable in Teochew/Hokkien), is a popular dish in Singapore and Malaysia and its origin can be traced back to Teochew, China. It is a soup base dish usually served with other side dishes (tofu, peanuts, salted vegetables, eggs, braised pig innards/skin/pork belly etc) and rice. The broth is boiled from a mixture of pig innards/offals (including intestines, heart, liver, tongue, blood cubes as well as pork balls and meat slices), salted vegetables and chopped onion leaves or dong cai/pickles.

If you are familiar with Serangoon Way Food Centre, you will probably agree that the most popular stall during lunch time is no doubt this Soon Huat Pig Organ’s Soup. Just head towards the longest queue in the food centre and you can’t be wrong. Although this stall does not have long history like Cheng Mun Chee Kee and the owner has only started some 6-7 years ago, it is without doubt one of the best in the market.

To be honest, I am not a big fan of this dish as I don’t really enjoy innards but I do order from them once in a while (usually without intestines and liver). The serving is pretty generous and the broth is extremely delicious and flavory. The other side dish I love is their melt-in-the-mouth and super tender pig trotters.

one of my fav pig's organ soup...!!

regards,
    wacky
    Last edited by wackykid; 6th May 2012 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by asthio88

Thanks wacky...
    The black forest cake pic was stacked over 3 shots
    wow how do u stack the shots? do u have to use tripod to do that... and i supposed u have to post process with photoshop...? i reckoned if i able to do that then i should be able to obtain a clear pic with multiple under exposed shots...? under exposure is still one of my biggest challenge and headache in places with low lighting... :/

regards,
    wacky

Default Re: Bon Appétit

Quote Originally Posted by wackykid View Post
    wow how do u stack the shots? do u have to use tripod to do that... and i supposed u have to post process with photoshop...? i reckoned if i able to do that then i should be able to obtain a clear pic with multiple under exposed shots...? under exposure is still one of my biggest challenge and headache in places with low lighting... :/

regards,
    wacky

Hi wacky... No, I didn't use tripod, as long as shooting from the same position/angle it should be fine. Yes, I pp with CS5, pretty simple actually as it's (almost) fully automated ~ auto align/merge the images and thn auto blend them. You can check the tutorial here

Agree, it's very challenging getting properly exposed pics in low light, no harm giving this technique a try. The black forest cake pic for eq was shot at f3.5 and stacked over 3 images. Without stacking I would probably have to shoot at f13 or smaller to get the whole cake in focus.

Default Pig's organ soup (猪杂汤)

Pig's organ soup (猪杂汤)

My favorite side dish ~ braised pig trotters.
    These pics don't do the actual dish justice as what I had then was the healthy version - no skin, no fat.

Thanks for viewing....

Scary oh you keep eat so much fatty fat food oh i can still see skins!! I love the zu za tang this in same place with the soto ayam stall ah?

Pig's organ soup (猪杂汤)

Thanks for viewing....

Quote Originally Posted by Janetleeyj View Post
    Scary oh you keep eat so much fatty fat food oh i can still see skins!! I love the zu za tang this in same place with the soto ayam stall ah?

That's pig's trotters, what do you expect? Anyway it ws just an itsy bitsy piece of skin
    Yup, in the same food centre as the soto ayam & gado-gado stall which has unfortunately, moved somewhere else since beginning of the year

Default Roti John

Roti John

Roti John, a popular dish both in Singapore and Malaysia is an omelette sandwich with ingredients including minced meat (mutton or chicken), sardines, onions, egg and topped with tomato or chili sauce in a baguette type loaf. The ingredients are fried and mixed with egg, placed into the loaf and then briefly pan-fried.

According to local ‘legend’ the dish was (unintentionally) created by a Malay hawker in Sembawang in the 60s when an Englishman asked for a hamburger and he substituted it with mixture of minced mutton and onions with egg in between slices of French loaf. The name of the dish was derived from ‘silahkan makan roti, John’ which literally means ‘please eat this bread, John’. Back then, all Caucasians were commonly addressed as ‘John’.

The hawker who popularized this dish was one Mr Shukor who operated in Taman Serasi (near Botanic Garden) in the 70s. Because of his innovation he is sometimes considered by many as the original creator of roti john that we know today. I had frequented the stall and it was really good, crispy on the outsides and the ingredients were very generous. His stall moved to Serangoon Way FC in 2001 when Taman Serasi gave way to new development. It was still ok when his daughter took over the running in their Serangoon stall. Unfortunately it didn’t last after the 3rd generation (grandson?) took over 3-4 years ago.

The following series were taken from the popular Spize in Simpang Bedok. They have a wide variety of quality dishes and what I love most is their award winning, black pepper and cheese topping Roti John Mutton Special.

Thanks for viewing....

Last edited by asthio88; 11th May 2012 at 10:06 AM.

Default Re: Roti John

beautiful ! I wanted to pick a piece of my screen... liked the 2nd one esp

Default Basil Beef Beehoon

Basil Beef Beehoon / Bee Hoon Goreng Daging Basil

Thanks for viewing....

Roti John

Roti John, a popular dish both in Singapore and Malaysia is an omelette sandwich with ingredients including minced meat (mutton or chicken), sardines, onions, egg and topped with tomato or chili sauce in a baguette type loaf. The ingredients are fried and mixed with egg, placed into the loaf and then briefly pan-fried.

According to local ‘legend’ the dish was (unintentionally) created by a Malay hawker in Sembawang in the 60s when an Englishman asked for a hamburger and he substituted it with mixture of minced mutton and onions with egg in between slices of French loaf. The name of the dish was derived from ‘silahkan makan roti, John’ which literally means ‘please eat this bread, John’. Back then, all Caucasians were commonly addressed as ‘John’.

The hawker who popularized this dish was one Mr Shukor who operated in Taman Serasi (near Botanic Garden) in the 70s. Because of his innovation he is sometimes considered by many as the original creator of roti john that we know today. I had frequented the stall and it was really good, crispy on the outsides and the ingredients were very generous. His stall moved to Serangoon Way FC in 2001 when Taman Serasi gave way to new development. It was still ok when his daughter took over the running in their Serangoon stall. Unfortunately it didn’t last after the 3rd generation (grandson?) took over 3-4 years ago.

The following series were taken from the popular Spize in Simpang Bedok. They have a wide variety of quality dishes and what I love most is their award winning, black pepper and cheese topping Roti John Mutton Special.

Thanks for viewing....

RJ...hungry again liao, bro...!!
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)

Quote Originally Posted by blueskye168 View Post
    RJ...hungry again liao, bro...!!

Hahaha was wondering what's RJ
    It's lunch time now, bro Eric! Happy eating

Default Crispy Baby Squid

Crispy Baby Squid

This is probably our no. 1 dish from Spize Love the crispiness and the size of the baby squid was just right ~ not too big, not too small. The squids were well marinated and deep fried to perfection and the addition of pineapple chunks really brought out the taste.

Thanks for viewing....

Huhuuu so much cheese! I never try roti jon with cheese just look from foto already vry yummy oh where is simpang bedok? I search map dont have this road name leh

Roti John

Thanks for viewing....

Default Swensen's

Fried Fish with Apricot Mayo

Thanks for viewing....

Okie, thanx yah. I searched but only got simpang bedok post office, so that the place right? Oh more cheese nice what, i die die must try . Eh your swensen avocado fish foto nicer then what i eat before

A lil too much cheese actually but yeah, it was delicious
    Simpang Bedok is along Bedok Rd (near the end towards Upp Changi Rd), there are a few row of shop houses surrounding Bedok Shopping Complex, you can enter from Jln Chempaka Kuning. Here's the map

Default Re: Swensen's

Mac N Cheese

Pepperoni & Cheese

Thanks for viewing....

Default Re: Swensen's

Bro, your Pig's organ soup series really Hungry!!!!
    Last edited by ntheni; 16th May 2012 at 12:08 PM.

Default Swensen's

Curry Chicken Rice

Thanks for viewing....

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 141922232425262934 ... LastLast