Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 121720212223242732 ... LastLast

Thread: Bon Appétit

Default Re: Seafood

Quote Originally Posted by Janetleeyj View Post
    This oso from jumbo ah? Vry different, lyke those in the western food. I remember last time eat the its not lyke thaht, porkrib served in one big plate. Look vry yummy
    Yup, from Jumbo. They used to serve the coffee pork ribs in a big plate for $20-$30 but now, each piece is $6.80 but it's nice and worth the price..

Default Hawker Food ~ Char Kway Teow

Hawker Food ~ Char Kway Teow

This was taken in Golden Mile FC but not from the famous 91 Fried Kway Teow stall of the 1st floor, which is popular for it's generous serving of vegetable (choy sum) and is without pork/lard. But I prefer something more 'original' so this stall (in the basement) is a good alternative ~ the kway teow is not too wet, the sauce used is less salty with a tad of sweetness and lot's of bean sprouts too

Thanks for viewing....

Default Re: Hawker Food ~ Char Kway Teow

Yum yum yum oh, look vry vry delicious. I luv fried kway teow Not many cockles ah. Golden mile is near concourse there?

Quote Originally Posted by asthio88 View Post

This was taken in Golden Mile FC but not from the famous 91 Fried Kway Teow stall of the 1st floor, which is popular for it's generous serving of vegetable (choy sum) and is without pork/lard. But I prefer something more 'original' so this stall (in the basement) is a good alternative ~ the kway teow is not too wet, the sauce used is less salty with a tad of sweetness and lot's of bean sprouts too

Thanks for viewing....

Default Claypots

Claypots

Put claypot rice and Golden Mile Food Ctr together and the stall that comes to most minds is definitely the ever-popular Golden Mile Claypot Rice of the 1st floor. They have been there for as long as I can remember and is my (family) favorite. We used to eat there a lot but only if we had time to wait. Their claypot rice is cooked (from scratch) when ordered so even if there’s no crowd, be prepared to wait for at least 20mins. What I love most is their chili sauce and the super crispy charred rice or guo ba.

There’s another (newer) stall within the same FC which operates from the basement and personally, I feel it is as good as the above-mentioned stall. The waiting time is (much) shorter, bigger portion, the ingredients are more generous and the chicken is superb - tender & juicy. But if you are fans of charred/burnt rice or guo ba and nice chili sauce, thn this is probably not the stall for you. They serve (a so-so) claypot pork ribs/bak kut teh and pork belly/kou rou too. The following series are taken from this stall, Yew Chuan Claypot Rice.

Claypot Rice

Thanks for viewing & have a pleasant weekend ahead....

Stunning shots... I can almost taste the burnt bits in my mouth already (my carcinogenic favorite when I eat claypot rice! ) love the colour and the clarity of the subject !!

Default Claypots

Claypots

Claypot Yam & Pork Belly (芋头扣肉)

Thanks for viewing....

Default Re: Claypots

Huhuhu fatty fat fat oh but i lyke some more if the skin lyke jello, melt in mouth

Claypots

Claypot Yam & Pork Belly (芋头扣肉)

Thanks for viewing....

Thanks for viewing....

Nice~! I also be posting a Char Kway Teow hahaa but no time to do that :P

Really yuor Claypot series Nicely done bro

Default Herbal Soup

Herbal Soup

I am not a soup-lover but the soups from this franchise, Sham Hei Lao Huo Tang (老火汤) is quite commendable. There are many type of soups to choose from and the most popular ones being buddha jump over the wall, old cucumber soup and lotus soup. There are plenty of ingredients and very generous portion of meats in the soups and the price is reasonable too. The soups are well-boiled, thick and savory. One thing though is the quality differs from outlet to outlet. My favorite is Lotus Roots & Pork Ribs Soup (莲藕排骨汤) and having it along with pumpkin rice is simply .

Lotus Roots & Pork Ribs Soup (莲藕排骨汤)

Thanks for viewing....
    Last edited by asthio88; 16th April 2012 at 11:18 PM.

Default Herbal Soup

Herbal Soup

Thanks for viewing....
    Last edited by asthio88; 17th April 2012 at 05:34 PM.

Harlow dont anyhow say hor, when I got say dislyke porkbelly? I oni said i dont lyke those thick fatty pork that hard as rubber okie

I don't know what to believe, I remember you saying you 'dislike' pork belly

Default Re: Herbal Soup

Vry vry nice fotos make the soups so i lyke the yam rice more

Herbal Soup

Thanks for viewing....

Herbal Soup

I am not a soup-lover but the soups from this franchise, Sham Hei Lao Huo Tang (老火汤) is quite commendable. There are many type of soups to choose from and the most popular ones being buddha jump over the wall, old cucumber soup and lotus soup. There are plenty of ingredients and very generous portion of meats in the soups and the price is reasonable too. The soups are well-boiled, thick and savory. One thing though is the quality differs from outlet to outlet. My favorite is Lotus Roots & Pork Ribs Soup (莲藕排骨汤) and having it along with pumpkin rice is simply .

Thanks for viewing....
    Woah...Yummy...got rice...got veg...got chilli...and got that most important of all this Lotus Roots & Pork Ribs Herbal Soup (莲藕排骨汤)...YumYum leh...!!!
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)

Herbal Soup

Thanks for viewing....
    This is so

Default Dan Dan Mian (四川担担面)

Dan Dan Mian (四川担担面)

Dandan noodles or Dan Dan Mian (担担面) is a classic dish originating from Chinese Sichuan cuisine. It consists of spicy sauce and preserved vegetables (often including zha cai/榨菜, lower enlarged mustard stem or ya cai/芽菜, upper mustard stems), chili oil, Sichuan pepper, minced pork, and scallions served over noodles.

This was taken from the same Smelly Tofu Restaurant in Geylang in my earlier post. However the Dandan noodles sold here is a lil different from the original Sichuan version; there's no minced pork and chicken chunks are used instead. It was pretty good; the soup was thick and spicy but not too oily. Still, I prefer their Trolley Noodles (Che Zai Mian).

Thanks for viewing....

Default High Tea

High Tea

The Rose Veranda of Shangri-La Hotel is my family favorite place for high tea; not so much for the food, we really love the tea and the ambience and it is a very friendly place. The setting of the place is nice and spacious with very comfortable armchairs. For high tea buffet, the spread is pretty decent and the quality of the food is good too. There are over 100 selections of TWG teas available and it is unlimited choice of tea at $48++ or 1 choice of tea at $38++, we usually go for the former and would have no less than 5 types of tea each time but do remember to ask for half pot instead.

We always kickoff with coffee and they used to serve this very aromatic and stimulating Viennese coffee which has been discontinued, a pity really.

Thanks for viewing....

Default High Tea

High Tea

Roasted Lamb Shank

Thanks for viewing....

Thanks guy The soup is pretty good, worth trying...
    if u are a soup fan like me... i'd recommend wa gung brew soup... ieatishootipost blogs Singapore's best food: Wa Gung Brew Soup: Soup Baked in Urns ... it's my fav soup so far... try their lotus roots soup or shi quan duck soup...! they have several outlets including 1 in bedok interchange at the coffee shop where astons express is... and another coffee shop located along new upper changi road...

lao huo tang is not bad also but nowadays they expand like mad so now can find them everywhere...

regards,
    wacky

Quote Originally Posted by wackykid View Post
    if u are a soup fan like me... i'd recommend wa gung brew soup... it's my fav soup so far... try their lotus roots soup or shi quan duck soup...! they have several outlets including 1 in bedok interchange at the coffee shop where astons express is... and another coffee shop located along new upper changi road...

lao huo tang is not bad also but nowadays they expand like mad so now can find them everywhere...

regards,
    wacky

Hi wacky, not really into soup but I do have it once in a while. Thanks for the recommendation, will give the stall a try.

Agree on Lao Huo Tang, as I have mentioned earlier, there should be better QC as the difference in quality from outlet to outlet is simply outrages. I just had one recently from their branch in Chinatown FC (not the main unit) and the soup was terrible

Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 121720212223242732 ... LastLast