Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 111619202122232631 ... LastLast

Thread: Bon Appétit

Default Hainanese Chicken Rice (海南鸡饭)

Deep Fried Fish Fillet

What can not be left unmentioned is their sweet-sourish garlicky chili sauce and ginger paste/sauce:

Thanks for viewing & have a nice weekend....

Default Re: Hainanese Chicken Rice (海南鸡饭)

Asyik! On ah but must order all side dish do they sell acar?

Quote Originally Posted by asthio88 View Post
    Of course as long as you don't back out

Deep Fried Fish Fillet

jadi laper. nice one gan!

Default Seafood

Seafood

The following series were taken in Jumbo East Coast Park. Despite the many promotions of free vouchers and discounts in the other outlets, this is the one that my family and I always frequent as the quality of the food is definitely better. It might not be the restaurant serving the best seafood but my family have always come home happy and satisfied. Not this time though.

The food tasted very different (the last time we had it was in Dec last year). The signature Chili Crab was a big flop; the sauce was diluted and didn’t have much flavor, tasted more like indian curry and worst, it was blackish (instead of orangey red)! The Creamy Crab fared no better, it was anything but creamy and super salty.

The Golden Crispy Chicken was over-done; the Donut with Seafood Paste (Sotong Youtiao) was disastrous – couldn’t taste anything of seafood origin and it was too starchy and over-fried; the Drunken Prawns was devoid of any wine taste but the prawns were pretty fresh; the Scallop in Yam Ring was the worst – the yam was mashed and oozing oil, the scallops were 'yellowish' and tasted funny. The seafood fried rice (at $20) and the Coffee Spare-rib (at $6.80/piece) were the only ones worth mentioning.

Oh and the service was almost non-existent; too many new and inexperience staff and they were always busy. Both the Sotong Youtiao and Crispy Beancurd were served without sauce, the Chili Crabs was served almost 40 minutes after we have completed the meal and we have to remind them on numerous occasion. The (foreign) staff didn’t understand what we ordered (despite pointing her the items in the menu) and 2 of the dishes were served wrongly.

Overall, it was very disappointing. Will we visit the place again? Perhaps. We have been eating there for many years and it was not always about food. It is a place where we could let our kids run around the beach while eating and have a nice walk thereafter.

Seafood Fried Rice

Scallops Wrapped In Yam Ring

Thanks for viewing....

Harlow, that was CNY time okie. NOw flat flat liao i never lyke jumbo but cc do. The fried rice look got lots of prawns Btw tkx ah for the brochures, think we go next week for the visa.

Mks, glad it makes you hungry

As long as you can finish them all, I remember somebody ws complaining of perut makin gede
    Nope, I don't think they serve acar...

Default Seafood

Seafood

Drunken Prawn (醉虾)

Thanks for viewing....

Last edited by asthio88; 5th April 2012 at 10:45 PM.

Default Re: Seafood

Weks oh tkx vry muchy, got it liao. Lucky didnt go. Nvr know the visa for 30 days oni.
    The prawns is yummy yummy oh

There are simply too many stuff that you don't like
    Not just prawns - sotongs & crab meats as well.
    Go where? If you still have valid Aust visa, you can apply online instead. Pls check your email.
    Seafood

Drunken Prawn (醉虾)

Seafood

Drunken Prawn (醉虾)

Thanks for viewing....

Yes...hor, your Drunken me Prawn reminded me when the last time I had this...huh...?!?!

Ya...I'm going you know...hahaha...yes...to eat these right NOW...!!!!!!
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)

Quote Originally Posted by asthio88
    Seafood

Drunken Prawn (醉虾)

Thanks for viewing....

Drunken prawn!!! Love it!!

Didnt know visa 30 days oni and cc have time now so think of applying lor. I called tva, they need to see ticket and hotel booking thn can get freebies, we have not book hotel yet leh. Maybe go end next week and see how. Tkx ah for all the infos

Exactly, what's the rush since you gals are only leaving next month? You can head down to their visitors association to get more info/brochures and freebies too.

Default Seafood

Seafood

Creamy Crab (奶油螃蟹)

Thanks for viewing & have a pleasant Sunday....

Seafood

Creamy Crab (奶油螃蟹)

Nice looking crabs but I don't eat crab lol

waaaa... i love prawns... especially drunken prawns....! and crabs.... i love seafood....!!! where did u had that creamy crab from?? nice or not??

regards,
    wacky

Lovely creamy crab photos. Love the way you 'texturize' the crab to show the gleaming cream glistening... May I know if you shot it at high aperture to get this kind of detail?

Ooh i thought they give free train and admission tickets? So no need hotel for whole trip ah? Eh nemenin dnk
    The cream crab make me drool wor, not as bad as you describe. Foto too nice again?

Seafood

Creamy Crab (奶油螃蟹)

All you need is to show them the flight ticket + one-night paid accommodation but the freebies is kinda .. some discount vouchers and a 1 day 7-11 wifi card or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Janetleeyj View Post
    Ooh i thought they give free train and admission tickets? So no need hotel for whole trip ah? Eh nemenin dnk
    The cream crab make me drool wor, not as bad as you describe. Foto too nice again?
    Come on, tva is located minutes away from you cc's office. Just check the link I sent you. Males ah
    The crab wasn't creamy enough, too diluted to my liking and was a lil over-cooked.

Quote Originally Posted by metranquility View Post
    Lovely creamy crab photos. Love the way you 'texturize' the crab to show the gleaming cream glistening... May I know if you shot it at high aperture to get this kind of detail?
    Thanks metranquility... Most were shot btw f4 and f5.6.

Quote Originally Posted by wackykid View Post
    waaaa... i love prawns... especially drunken prawns....! and crabs.... i love seafood....!!! where did u had that creamy crab from?? nice or not??

regards,
    wacky
    Hi wacky, the seafood series were taken from Jumbo ECP. It was rather disappointing; the prawns were fresh but didn't live up to its 'drunken prawns' name, the creamy crab was over-cooked and not creamy enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ntheni View Post
    Nice looking crabs but I don't eat crab lol
    You know what, I don't really like crab (and prawn) either but those two are my wifey's life
    Last edited by asthio88; 9th April 2012 at 10:48 AM.

Default Re: Bon Appétit

Jahat! neway we went there liao but most brochures and map all in chn leh, the one you sent more useful we dont take the freebies, forgot to print the booking

Default Seafood

Seafood

Mocca Pork Rib

Thanks for viewing....

Seafood

Sweet & Sour Fish

Golden Crispy Chicken

Thanks for viewing....

This oso from jumbo ah? Vry different, lyke those in the western food. I remember last time eat the its not lyke thaht, porkrib served in one big plate. Look vry yummy

Seafood

Mocca Pork Rib

Thanks for viewing....

Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 111619202122232631 ... LastLast