Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4912131415161924 ... LastLast

Thread: Bon Appétit

Default Re: Beancurd Tarts

Issit from Selegie road there, in the old shophouse? Near my old school wor

Quote Originally Posted by asthio88 View Post
    Beancurd Tarts

My family favorite tarts....
    "Encased in a thin cup of buttery pastry, the tart with its satin smooth soya bean filling, complete with a hint of almond and a delicate fragrance...."
    (Gold Award)— Sweetest things
    Singapore’s Best Desserts 2005

Thanks for viewing

[I][CENTER]Beancurd Tarts

My family favorite tarts....
    "Encased in a thin cup of buttery pastry, the tart with its satin smooth soya bean filling, complete with a hint of almond and a delicate fragrance...."
    (Gold Award)— Sweetest things
    Singapore’s Best Desserts 2005

Thanks for viewing

Looks so smooth~~~

Default Youtiao Taopok

Youtiao Taopok

This is another version of the traditional fruit/vegetable salad or Rojak (literally means ‘mixture’ in Malay) and is popular among the Chinese. Similar to the fruit rojak but the sauce is served separately. Youtiao (Chinese-style fritters), taopok (puffy deep-fried filled tofu/beancurd) and dried cuttlefish are toasted on a grill till lightly charred and crispy before serving.
    The sauce is a thick mixture of belacan (shrimp paste), sugar, chili, tamarind, lime juice and crushed peanuts.

These are taken in Maxwell Market and East Coast Park FC.

Thanks for viewing
    CnC are welcomed and appreciated

Tastes smooth too
    It's really different from the usual egg tarts, try it sometime or you already had?
    Haven't try before haha Will be great if you can share the location?

Default Re: Youtiao Taopok

Youtiao Taopok

This is another version of the traditional fruit/vegetable salad or Rojak (literally means ‘mixture’ in Malay) and is popular among the Chinese. Similar to the fruit rojak but the sauce is served separately. Youtiao (Chinese-style fritters), taopok (puffy deep-fried filled tofu/beancurd) and dried cuttlefish are toasted on a grill till lightly charred and crispy before serving.
    The sauce is a thick mixture of belacan (shrimp paste), sugar, chili, tamarind, lime juice and crushed peanuts.

These are taken in Maxwell Market and East Coast Park FC.

Thanks for viewing

Wah-seh-man...bro, I could easily give my LCD many-many-hole of bites with the above you know..., you know...
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)

I am so sorry, I thought you knew as you are an avid food lover (you knw almost all the food I posted).
    It's from Le Cafe, junction of Middle Rd & Selegie Rd, not too far from Victor's Kitchen (Sunshine Plz).
    hahaha even if I'm a avid food lover there will still be some "落网之鱼"
    Last edited by ntheni; 20th January 2012 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ntheni View Post
    hahaha even if I'm a avid food lover there will still be some "落网之鱼"

Didn't expect you to have any "落网之鱼", further this beancurd tart is too good to be missed
    Give it a try...

Quote Originally Posted by asthio88

Didn't expect you to have any "落网之鱼", further this beancurd tart is too good to be missed
    Give it a try...
    So highly recommend by you then die die also must go try :smile: but I think only can try after CNY

Ya I love the pineapple tart. But the old lady galak bgt, always pull long face

Yup, it is. They have been there for a long time, probably 40-50 years. Very popular for their pine-apple tarts and moon pies too

Default Desserts/糖水,甜品

Desserts/糖水,甜品

Desserts (糖水,甜品) is special to the Hongkong people and it is available almost everywhere. There are so many choices and more often than not, it is more difficult to choose an item from the menu than to find an outlet.

The following few were taken from the Hui Lau Shan, one of the major dessert chain in HK. They specialize in fruit and healthy desserts.

Hasma & Bird's Nest (雪蛤燕窩) + Carrot cake Combo

Thanks for viewing

Last edited by asthio88; 20th January 2012 at 05:03 PM.

Where got long, 10+++ years oni hihihihi
    My primary skul time lor

Old lady? That gotta be long, looooong time ago

Default 新年快乐!!

Wishing fellow CSers
    a very Happy Chinese New Year!!

新年快乐,身体健康!

福星高照,万事如意!

Last edited by asthio88; 22nd January 2012 at 11:21 PM.

Happy Lunar New Year, wish you all he best.
    Dun forget my red Packet okie hihihi

Oh yeah, forgot about your school
    Happy Chinese New Year!!!

Default Yu Sheng (鱼生)

Yu Sheng (鱼生)

Yu Sheng or yee shang (鱼生) is one of the Chinese Lunar New Year must have dishes. Besides being full of flavors and textures, it is also loaded with symbolic meaning. Yusheng literally means "raw fish" but since "fish (鱼)" is commonly conflated with its homophone "abundance (余)", Yúshēng (鱼生) is interpreted as a homophone for Yúshēng (余升) meaning an increase in abundance. Therefore, yusheng is considered a symbol of abundance, prosperity and vigor. Yusheng is also known as Lo Hei (Cantonese for 捞起) and diners at the table then stand up and on cue, proceed to toss the shredded ingredients into the air with chopsticks while saying various "auspicious wishes" out loud, or simply "撈起, 撈起". It is believed that the height of the toss reflects the height of the diner's growth in fortunes, thus diners are expected to toss enthusiastically.

Yu sheng is a Chinese salad with various shredded vegetables and served with assorted toppings, a variety of condiments, sweet plum sauce and slices of raw fish (usually salmon or mackerel). While versions of it are thought to have existed in China, the contemporary version is created and popularized in Singapore in the 1960s amongst the ethnic Chinese community and has since become one of the main dish during Chinese New Year festivities in Singapore as well as in neighboring Malaysia. (source: Wikipedia)

愿新年的钟声,敲响你心中快乐的音符,
    幸运与平安,如春天的脚步紧紧相随!

新年快乐

Happy Chinese New Year

Default Re: Yu Sheng (鱼生)

Yu Sheng (鱼生)

Yu Sheng or yee shang (鱼生) is one of the Chinese Lunar New Year must have dishes. Besides being full of flavors and textures, it is also loaded with symbolic meaning. Yusheng literally means "raw fish" but since "fish (鱼)" is commonly conflated with its homophone "abundance (余)", Yúshēng (鱼生) is interpreted as a homophone for Yúshēng (余升) meaning an increase in abundance. Therefore, yusheng is considered a symbol of abundance, prosperity and vigor. Yusheng is also known as Lo Hei (Cantonese for 捞起) and diners at the table then stand up and on cue, proceed to toss the shredded ingredients into the air with chopsticks while saying various "auspicious wishes" out loud, or simply "撈起, 撈起". It is believed that the height of the toss reflects the height of the diner's growth in fortunes, thus diners are expected to toss enthusiastically.

Yu sheng is a Chinese salad with various shredded vegetables and served with assorted toppings, a variety of condiments, sweet plum sauce and slices of raw fish (usually salmon or mackerel). While versions of it are thought to have existed in China, the contemporary version is created and popularized in Singapore in the 1960s amongst the ethnic Chinese community and has since become one of the main dish during Chinese New Year festivities in Singapore as well as in neighboring Malaysia. (source: Wikipedia)

愿新年的钟声,敲响你心中快乐的音符,
    幸运与平安,如春天的脚步紧紧相随!

新年快乐

Happy Chinese New Year

I never get to take the 撈起 part lol too chaotic already

Eeeeeh i want real one don care give me sat
    The yu shang foto vry nice, so difficult to take when evryone rush lyke gg war
    Iya, mks

Yeah sure, here a big one!!!
    Ttp semangat yah!

Default Desserts/糖水,甜品

Desserts/糖水,甜品

A few more desserts from the Hui Lau Shan....

Thanks for viewing

Last edited by asthio88; 28th January 2012 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by asthio88

The tossing shots were taken from the kids table, it was a lil easier as they were 'less' enthusiastic
    Hahaha if you took the shots from the adult side, I think your gears will be covered with Yu Sheng

Default Garlic Fresh Scallops in Rice Wine

Garlic Fresh Scallops in Rice Wine

Thanks for viewing

Default Sweet & Sour Fish

Sweet & Sour Fish

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4912131415161924 ... LastLast