Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 69101112131621 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 704

Thread: Bon Appétit

  1. #201

    Default Satay

    S a t a y


    Satay or sate is a very popular dish and available almost everywhere in South East Asia especially in Indonesia where it is considered a national dish. Satay is a skewered and grilled marinated meat served with sauce, usually thick peanut sauce. It may consist of diced, sliced or minced mutton, beef, chicken, pork, fish or other meats.

    Satay originated in Java, Indonesia where the word satay or sate (in Malay) are perhaps of Tamil origin. Close analogues are yakitori from Japan, shish kebab from Turkey, chuan-r from China and sosatie from South Africa. Do you know it is listed at number 14 on World's 50 most delicious foods readers' poll complied by CNN Go in 2011? (source: Wikipedia)














    Thanks for viewing!
    CnC are welcomed & appreciated.
    Will update again after my HK trip








  2. #202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asthio88

    Yeah man, totally agree!!

    Hi, thanks for the kind words. Glad you like them.
    Yup, almost all with ambient light. Depends on lighting, sometime I use tissue or whatever I cd get to reflect light to bring out the shadow area.
    Thanks !! I will give it a go too !

  3. #203
    Member ntheni's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,907

    Default Re: Satay

    Quote Originally Posted by asthio88 View Post
    [I][CENTER]S a t a y


    Satay or sate is a very popular dish and available almost everywhere in South East Asia especially in Indonesia where it is considered a national dish. Satay is a skewered and grilled marinated meat served with sauce, usually thick peanut sauce. It may consist of diced, sliced or minced mutton, beef, chicken, pork, fish or other meats.

    Satay originated in Java, Indonesia where the word satay or sate (in Malay) are perhaps of Tamil origin. Close analogues are yakitori from Japan, shish kebab from Turkey, chuan-r from China and sosatie from South Africa. Do you know it is listed at number 14 on World's 50 most delicious foods readers' poll complied by CNN Go in 2011? (source: Wikipedia)














    Thanks for viewing!
    CnC are welcomed & appreciated.
    Will update again after my HK trip




    Bro, your satay look different from the regular local sataty. Where is it from? Looks yummy~!!!

  4. #204

    Default Re: Satay

    Quote Originally Posted by Clickclickguy View Post
    Thanks !! I will give it a go too !
    Great!! Do share with us your work


    Quote Originally Posted by ntheni View Post
    Bro, your satay look different from the regular local sataty. Where is it from? Looks yummy~!!!
    It's from the East Coast Park FC, used to be great but not this time round. A lil over-grilled, the meat (espec the mutton) hs tht 'charcoal' taste Fatman satay of Lau Pa Sat is still on top of my list

  5. #205
    Member ntheni's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,907

    Default Re: Satay

    ahhh....1 of my fav & hated FC lol
    Love the food, Hate the crowd

    I also like fatman satay but it's getting more & more expensive and there isn't any other nice food in LBS anymore

  6. #206
    Senior Member blueskye168's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    AVPS
    Posts
    2,874

    Default Re: Satay

    Quote Originally Posted by asthio88 View Post
    S a t a y


    Satay or sate is a very popular dish and available almost everywhere in South East Asia especially in Indonesia where it is considered a national dish. Satay is a skewered and grilled marinated meat served with sauce, usually thick peanut sauce. It may consist of diced, sliced or minced mutton, beef, chicken, pork, fish or other meats.

    Satay originated in Java, Indonesia where the word satay or sate (in Malay) are perhaps of Tamil origin. Close analogues are yakitori from Japan, shish kebab from Turkey, chuan-r from China and sosatie from South Africa. Do you know it is listed at number 14 on World's 50 most delicious foods readers' poll complied by CNN Go in 2011? (source: Wikipedia)










    Thanks for viewing!
    CnC are welcomed & appreciated.
    Will update again after my HK trip







    Woah...bro, this is one of my favlocal delicacy leh...hehehe...!!! Nice shots but they-lah, over-grilled it = like 'chao-tah' liao-lor...HoHoHo...!!!!!!
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)

  7. #207

    Default Re: Satay

    Great shots! compared to another food thread, your photos are all well exposed. keep it up

  8. #208

    Default Re: Satay

    Quote Originally Posted by Ted888 View Post
    Great shots! compared to another food thread, your photos are all well exposed. keep it up
    Hi Ted, thanks for dropping by and the kind words. I guess we are all still learning for the better shots. Do comment to help us improve



    Quote Originally Posted by blueskye168 View Post
    Woah...bro, this is one of my favlocal delicacy leh...hehehe...!!! Nice shots but they-lah, over-grilled it = like 'chao-tah' liao-lor...HoHoHo...!!!!!!
    Thanks bro, it's my favorite too. Yeah man, kinda disappointed with the chao tah satay but still edible so don't waste... hehehe



    Quote Originally Posted by ntheni View Post
    ahhh....1 of my fav & hated FC lol
    Love the food, Hate the crowd

    I also like fatman satay but it's getting more & more expensive and there isn't any other nice food in LBS anymore
    Same here, it's really difficult to get a lot or table during the peak. I usually park near the seafood centre and walk over. My family went there espec for hwa kee wanton/char siu noodles but darn, they were on holidays!!

    Agree, price is going up & up in LBS bt not the quality. Can't think of anything special thr except for the satays and teh tarik.

  9. #209

    Default Mee Goreng

    Mee Goreng

    Mee/mie goreng or fried noodles is a very common and popular dish in Singapore, Malaysia and especially so in Indonesia where you can find it almost everywhere; from street hawkers to restaurants. It is made with yellow noodles fried with onion, garlic, tomatoes, chilies, vegetables, egg and a variety of meat or seafood (usually prawn, cuttlefish, chicken or beef), sweet soya sauce and tomato ketchup.

    The Malay style mee goreng is pretty similar to the Indian version where potatoes and bean-curds are usually added but differs from the Chinese fried noodles or chow mian with the exclusion of pork and lard and the sauce.













    Thanks for viewing
    CnC are welcomed and appreciated



    Last edited by asthio88; 23rd December 2011 at 03:53 PM.

  10. #210

    Default Merry Christmas



    Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas



    Happy Holidays!!!!!



  11. #211

    Default Roasted Goose (烧鹅)

    Roasted Goose (烧鹅)


    Had this dish during my recent trip to Hong Kong. Roasted goose is a very popular and readily available dish in almost all restaurants and eateries there. It is a variety of the roasted meats (siu mei/烧味) within the Cantonese cuisine and is made by roasting geese with seasoning in a charcoal furnace at high temperature. Roasted goose of high quality have crisp skin with juicy and tender meat. Slices of roasted goose are generally served with plum or sweet & sour sauce.

















    Thanks for viewing
    CnC are welcomed and appreciated





  12. #212
    Member ntheni's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,907

    Default Re: Roasted Goose (烧鹅)

    Look at the skin..... *drool*

  13. #213
    Member ntheni's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,907

    Default Re: Roasted Goose (烧鹅)

    Quote Originally Posted by asthio88 View Post
    Yup, it was good, crispy skin & juicy meat bt a lil too much 'fat'
    Had another try at Hing Fat which was better, post pics soon & let's drool together
    ah...so evil... post these photo that we cant get it in Singapore hahaha

  14. #214
    Senior Member blueskye168's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    AVPS
    Posts
    2,874

    Default Re: Roasted Goose (烧鹅)

    Quote Originally Posted by asthio88 View Post
    Yup, it was good, crispy skin & juicy meat bt a lil too much 'fat'
    Had another try at Hing Fat which was better, post pics soon & let's drool together
    Aiya bro...sooo tempting and.....(wait-ahhh...I-go-take-tissue...saliva-overflowed lah...)...hahaha...and let's drool and "GROW" together at the same time...hor...can see a layer of "fattening-juice"...man heiheihei...!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ntheni View Post
    ah...so evil... post these photo that we cant get it in Singapore hahaha
    Ya lor...can see but cannot makan...leh...(don't be ...we'd ask him to fly us there to eat & shoot together hor...???...hahaha....!!!)
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)

  15. #215
    Member Janetleeyj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Singapore, Indonesia
    Posts
    217

    Default Re: Satay

    Satay wor, I lyke.
    I get my tripod alredy. Hihi



    Quote Originally Posted by asthio88 View Post
    S a t a y


    Satay or sate is a very popular dish and available almost everywhere in South East Asia especially in Indonesia where it is considered a national dish. Satay is a skewered and grilled marinated meat served with sauce, usually thick peanut sauce. It may consist of diced, sliced or minced mutton, beef, chicken, pork, fish or other meats.

    Satay originated in Java, Indonesia where the word satay or sate (in Malay) are perhaps of Tamil origin. Close analogues are yakitori from Japan, shish kebab from Turkey, chuan-r from China and sosatie from South Africa. Do you know it is listed at number 14 on World's 50 most delicious foods readers' poll complied by CNN Go in 2011? (source: Wikipedia)














    Thanks for viewing!
    CnC are welcomed & appreciated.
    Will update again after my HK trip








  16. #216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ntheni View Post
    ah...so evil... post these photo that we cant get it in Singapore hahaha
    Sooo sorry!! Let's arrange with bro Eric, HK is really a great place for food lovers like us



    Quote Originally Posted by blueskye168 View Post
    Aiya bro...sooo tempting and.....(wait-ahhh...I-go-take-tissue...saliva-overflowed lah...)...hahaha...and let's drool and "GROW" together at the same time...hor...can see a layer of "fattening-juice"...man heiheihei...!!!!!


    Ya lor...can see but cannot makan...leh...(don't be ...we'd ask him to fly us there to eat & shoot together hor...???...hahaha....!!!)
    Come on, HK is not that far after all... hehehe.. Can, why not, let's 'fly' there to eat & shoot together but I can't afford to 'grow' anymore.
    It really is a great place for food, not forgetting we can get good bargain for accessories too



    Quote Originally Posted by Janetleeyj View Post
    Satay wor, I lyke.
    I get my tripod alredy. Hihi
    Congrats, bout time to get one. The red C4?

  17. #217
    Member ntheni's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,907

    Default Re: Roasted Goose (烧鹅)

    Quote Originally Posted by blueskye168 View Post
    Ya lor...can see but cannot makan...leh...(don't be ...we'd ask him to fly us there to eat & shoot together hor...???...hahaha....!!!)
    This is a very good idea hahaha

    Quote Originally Posted by asthio88 View Post

    Come on, HK is not that far after all... hehehe.. Can, why not, let's 'fly' there to eat & shoot together but I can't afford to 'grow' anymore.
    It really is a great place for food, not forgetting we can get good bargain for accessories too
    Bro please note that bro eric said you fly us there not fly together hahahaa
    So you must have got a lot of new accessories for you camera huh hehee

  18. #218
    Senior Member blueskye168's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    AVPS
    Posts
    2,874

    Default Re: Roasted Goose (烧鹅)

    Quote Originally Posted by ntheni View Post
    This is a very good idea hahaha



    Bro please note that bro eric said you fly us there not fly together hahahaa
    So you must have got a lot of new accessories for you camera huh hehee
    hmmm...bro asthio88 see how observant our bro anthony is...so it is 'Fly-us' there lah-leh, bro asthio88...!!
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)

  19. #219
    Member Janetleeyj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Singapore, Indonesia
    Posts
    217

    Default Re: Bon Appétit

    Love to have that 1 but too ex leh. In the end buy benro bcos they got sales.
    Happy New Year okie. GBU

    Quote Originally Posted by asthio88 View Post

    Congrats, bout time to get one. The red C4?

  20. #220

    Default Re: Bon Appétit

    Quote Originally Posted by ntheni View Post
    This is a very good idea hahaha

    Bro please note that bro eric said you fly us there not fly together hahahaa
    So you must have got a lot of new accessories for you camera huh hehee
    Quote Originally Posted by blueskye168 View Post
    hmmm...bro asthio88 see how observant our bro anthony is...so it is 'Fly-us' there lah-leh, bro asthio88...!!
    No problemo bro eric & anthony, fly you or fly together can be arranged
    Yup, I did get sm stuff there and am very pleased with the price

    Happy New Year to you guys....



    Quote Originally Posted by Janetleeyj View Post
    Love to have that 1 but too ex leh. In the end buy benro bcos they got sales.
    Happy New Year okie. GBU

    Ah ok, the benro is good too. Well since you are using it mostly indoor so red or no red makes lil different
    Happy New Year!!!

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 69101112131621 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •