Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 69101112131621 ... LastLast

Thread: Bon Appétit

Default Satay

S a t a y

Satay or sate is a very popular dish and available almost everywhere in South East Asia especially in Indonesia where it is considered a national dish. Satay is a skewered and grilled marinated meat served with sauce, usually thick peanut sauce. It may consist of diced, sliced or minced mutton, beef, chicken, pork, fish or other meats.

Satay originated in Java, Indonesia where the word satay or sate (in Malay) are perhaps of Tamil origin. Close analogues are yakitori from Japan, shish kebab from Turkey, chuan-r from China and sosatie from South Africa. Do you know it is listed at number 14 on World's 50 most delicious foods readers' poll complied by CNN Go in 2011? (source: Wikipedia)

Thanks for viewing!
    CnC are welcomed & appreciated.
    Will update again after my HK trip

Quote Originally Posted by asthio88

Yeah man, totally agree!!

Hi, thanks for the kind words. Glad you like them.
    Yup, almost all with ambient light. Depends on lighting, sometime I use tissue or whatever I cd get to reflect light to bring out the shadow area.
    Thanks !! I will give it a go too !

Default Re: Satay

Quote Originally Posted by asthio88 View Post
    [I][CENTER]S a t a y

Satay or sate is a very popular dish and available almost everywhere in South East Asia especially in Indonesia where it is considered a national dish. Satay is a skewered and grilled marinated meat served with sauce, usually thick peanut sauce. It may consist of diced, sliced or minced mutton, beef, chicken, pork, fish or other meats.

Satay originated in Java, Indonesia where the word satay or sate (in Malay) are perhaps of Tamil origin. Close analogues are yakitori from Japan, shish kebab from Turkey, chuan-r from China and sosatie from South Africa. Do you know it is listed at number 14 on World's 50 most delicious foods readers' poll complied by CNN Go in 2011? (source: Wikipedia)

Thanks for viewing!

Bro, your satay look different from the regular local sataty. Where is it from? Looks yummy~!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clickclickguy View Post
    Thanks !! I will give it a go too !
    Great!! Do share with us your work

Quote Originally Posted by ntheni View Post
    Bro, your satay look different from the regular local sataty. Where is it from? Looks yummy~!!!
    It's from the East Coast Park FC, used to be great but not this time round. A lil over-grilled, the meat (espec the mutton) hs tht 'charcoal' taste Fatman satay of Lau Pa Sat is still on top of my list

ahhh....1 of my fav & hated FC lol
    Love the food, Hate the crowd

I also like fatman satay but it's getting more & more expensive and there isn't any other nice food in LBS anymore

S a t a y

Thanks for viewing!

Woah...bro, this is one of my favlocal delicacy leh...hehehe...!!! Nice shots but they-lah, over-grilled it = like 'chao-tah' liao-lor...HoHoHo...!!!!!!
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)

Great shots! compared to another food thread, your photos are all well exposed. keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by Ted888 View Post
    Great shots! compared to another food thread, your photos are all well exposed. keep it up
    Hi Ted, thanks for dropping by and the kind words. I guess we are all still learning for the better shots. Do comment to help us improve

Quote Originally Posted by blueskye168 View Post
    Woah...bro, this is one of my favlocal delicacy leh...hehehe...!!! Nice shots but they-lah, over-grilled it = like 'chao-tah' liao-lor...HoHoHo...!!!!!!
    Thanks bro, it's my favorite too. Yeah man, kinda disappointed with the chao tah satay but still edible so don't waste... hehehe

ahhh....1 of my fav & hated FC lol
    Love the food, Hate the crowd

I also like fatman satay but it's getting more & more expensive and there isn't any other nice food in LBS anymore
    Same here, it's really difficult to get a lot or table during the peak. I usually park near the seafood centre and walk over. My family went there espec for hwa kee wanton/char siu noodles but darn, they were on holidays!!

Agree, price is going up & up in LBS bt not the quality. Can't think of anything special thr except for the satays and teh tarik.

Default Mee Goreng

Mee Goreng

Mee/mie goreng or fried noodles is a very common and popular dish in Singapore, Malaysia and especially so in Indonesia where you can find it almost everywhere; from street hawkers to restaurants. It is made with yellow noodles fried with onion, garlic, tomatoes, chilies, vegetables, egg and a variety of meat or seafood (usually prawn, cuttlefish, chicken or beef), sweet soya sauce and tomato ketchup.

The Malay style mee goreng is pretty similar to the Indian version where potatoes and bean-curds are usually added but differs from the Chinese fried noodles or chow mian with the exclusion of pork and lard and the sauce.

Thanks for viewing
    CnC are welcomed and appreciated

Last edited by asthio88; 23rd December 2011 at 03:53 PM.

Default Merry Christmas

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas

Happy Holidays!!!!!

Default Roasted Goose (烧鹅)

Roasted Goose (烧鹅)

Had this dish during my recent trip to Hong Kong. Roasted goose is a very popular and readily available dish in almost all restaurants and eateries there. It is a variety of the roasted meats (siu mei/烧味) within the Cantonese cuisine and is made by roasting geese with seasoning in a charcoal furnace at high temperature. Roasted goose of high quality have crisp skin with juicy and tender meat. Slices of roasted goose are generally served with plum or sweet & sour sauce.

Thanks for viewing
    CnC are welcomed and appreciated

Default Re: Roasted Goose (烧鹅)

Look at the skin..... *drool*

Yup, it was good, crispy skin & juicy meat bt a lil too much 'fat'
    Had another try at Hing Fat which was better, post pics soon & let's drool together
    ah...so evil... post these photo that we cant get it in Singapore hahaha

Yup, it was good, crispy skin & juicy meat bt a lil too much 'fat'
    Had another try at Hing Fat which was better, post pics soon & let's drool together
    Aiya bro...sooo tempting and.....(wait-ahhh...I-go-take-tissue...saliva-overflowed lah...)...hahaha...and let's drool and "GROW" together at the same time...hor...can see a layer of "fattening-juice"...man heiheihei...!!!!!

Ya lor...can see but cannot makan...leh...(don't be ...we'd ask him to fly us there to eat & shoot together hor...???...hahaha....!!!)
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)

Satay wor, I lyke.
    I get my tripod alredy. Hihi

S a t a y

Thanks for viewing!

Sooo sorry!! Let's arrange with bro Eric, HK is really a great place for food lovers like us

Aiya bro...sooo tempting and.....(wait-ahhh...I-go-take-tissue...saliva-overflowed lah...)...hahaha...and let's drool and "GROW" together at the same time...hor...can see a layer of "fattening-juice"...man heiheihei...!!!!!

Ya lor...can see but cannot makan...leh...(don't be ...we'd ask him to fly us there to eat & shoot together hor...???...hahaha....!!!)
    Come on, HK is not that far after all... hehehe.. Can, why not, let's 'fly' there to eat & shoot together but I can't afford to 'grow' anymore.
    It really is a great place for food, not forgetting we can get good bargain for accessories too

Quote Originally Posted by Janetleeyj View Post
    Satay wor, I lyke.
    I get my tripod alredy. Hihi
    Congrats, bout time to get one. The red C4?

This is a very good idea hahaha

Come on, HK is not that far after all... hehehe.. Can, why not, let's 'fly' there to eat & shoot together but I can't afford to 'grow' anymore.
    It really is a great place for food, not forgetting we can get good bargain for accessories too
    Bro please note that bro eric said you fly us there not fly together hahahaa
    So you must have got a lot of new accessories for you camera huh hehee

hmmm...bro asthio88 see how observant our bro anthony is...so it is 'Fly-us' there lah-leh, bro asthio88...!!

Default Re: Bon Appétit

Love to have that 1 but too ex leh. In the end buy benro bcos they got sales.
    Happy New Year okie. GBU

Congrats, bout time to get one. The red C4?

Default Re: Bon Appétit

hmmm...bro asthio88 see how observant our bro anthony is...so it is 'Fly-us' there lah-leh, bro asthio88...!!
    No problemo bro eric & anthony, fly you or fly together can be arranged
    Yup, I did get sm stuff there and am very pleased with the price

Happy New Year to you guys....

Quote Originally Posted by Janetleeyj View Post
    Love to have that 1 but too ex leh. In the end buy benro bcos they got sales.
    Happy New Year okie. GBU

Ah ok, the benro is good too. Well since you are using it mostly indoor so red or no red makes lil different
    Happy New Year!!!

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 69101112131621 ... LastLast