Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firmware Update v 1.03 for K-5

Default Re: Firmware Update v 1.03 for K-5

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Lee View Post
    Thanks creampuff,

My son came home and gave me a card reader. My K5 is upgraded. Now to do some testing.
    Oops, just saw this. Good, glad it worked out for you.

Great news for a lot guys here and elsewhere Pity I don't have a K5 to test out ...

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Great news for a lot guys here and elsewhere Pity I don't have a K5 to test out ...
    Me neither...

just updated, seem AF slightly faster

Done it too, I dunno whether is it my imagination but 35mm ltd seems to hunt less..
    Pentax K-5 Canon EOS 6D Sony a7ii

It came just in time before my trip to Bangkok tomorrow! Will try it out at the night markets over the weekend!
    Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives.

After I downloaded the exe file, I couldn't open it. My computer gave an error msg. Does anyone encounter the same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Chowm4 View Post
    After I downloaded the exe file, I couldn't open it. My computer gave an error msg. Does anyone encounter the same problem?
    U mean u cant extract it to ur pc?
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

Quote Originally Posted by mrkumlan View Post
    Done it too, I dunno whether is it my imagination but 35mm ltd seems to hunt less..
    I try the AF da 35 f2.4 before the update . Then update . Then try again .

I somehow feel that it's slightly faster too ... happy happy
    My Flickr ->Flickr

Yeah !

I expect the K-r one to come very soon! =))))

Quote Originally Posted by Chowm4 View Post
    Problem solved. Firmware upgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by xtunbox View Post
    I expect the K-r one to come very soon! =))))
    me too~ (though i don't see it as a problem for me yet)

I had upgraded my K5 earlier but only managed to complete my testing routine this weekend. Happy to state that the firmware upgrade has definitely improved upon the earlier issues I faced regarding low light focusing. It has been a worthy upgrade as far as I am concerned. There are still some issues but nothing other DSLRs in the same class/generation also do not suffer from... so I'm a satisfied upgrader in the end.

Just wish Pentax could have been more professional and forthcoming in their communication regarding firmware upgrades (like Nikon and Canon) and have avoided the bad feelings which a good number of Pentaxians suffered unnecessarily from, especially the early buyers like me.

Anyway, alls well that ends well... but this episode could have ended on a more professionally managed and comfortable note for some of Pentax's more critical user-base. Because subsequently I'm not going to jump into buying any Pentax DSLR without waiting a few months after they are launched. In short, Pentax has to regain my confidence if they want me to be an early adopter once again.
    Last edited by sircam; 6th April 2011 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sircam View Post
    I had upgraded my K5 earlier but only managed to complete my testing routine this weekend. Happy to state that the firmware upgrade has definitely improved upon the earlier issues I faced regarding low light focusing. It has been a worthy upgrade as far as I am concerned. There are still some issues but nothing other DSLRs in the same class/generation also do not suffer from... so I'm a satisfied upgrader in the end.

Just wish Pentax could have been more professional and forthcoming in their communication regarding firmware upgrades (like Nikon and Canon) and have avoided the bad feelings which a good number of Pentaxians suffered unnecessarily from, especially the early buyers like me.

Anyway, alls well that ends well... but this episode could have ended on a more professionally managed and comfortable note for some of Pentax's more critical user-base. Because subsequently I'm not going to jump into buying any Pentax DSLR without waiting a few months after they are launched. In short, Pentax has to regain my confidence if they want me to be an early adopter once again.
    I am glad that you are now happy with the K5. Enjoy it! I will upgrade to the next one after I have enough cash.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12