Thread: Perseids 2004 - who's shooting?

Deregistered

Default Perseids 2004 - who's shooting?

anyone else going to watch/shoot the perseids next week? i'm looking for a suggestion for a place with a great view of the NNE direction, where the perseids should be coming from.

http://skyandtelescope.com/observing...cle_1289_1.asp

As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Deregistered

roy, i'm looking for a suggestion of a local location to shoot, not more info...

Quote Originally Posted by sehsuan
    roy, i'm looking for a suggestion of a local location to shoot, not more info...
    Oops...How about some place high altitude but less light polution...such as Bukit Timah Hill? I am just making a wild guess...hopefully this will invite better suggestions from the rest.

If you plan to visit Seattle next week I can suggest some other locations...
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Deregistered

Seattle? OMG... you sponsor me, i go

actually, i was thinking of somewhere around woodlands... but exactly, where?

defu sounds like a good idea though... but the potential of having dogs having a feast doesn't sound too nice an idea... besides, they can't figure out the use of a tripod or monopod....

Woohoo didnt know there are guys here into astronomy as well. Singapore's light pollution is quite bad so long exposure's are hard.

Deregistered

Wai, where are you? come in here!

haha... i am into it too, and i know quite afew others that are into photography are into astronomy too !! hehee...... Puggol area seems nice to star graze (photography) too !!

I think the biggest problem would be light pollution, maybe you should camp out in ubin or one of the offshore islands