Thread: Slow Pentax k-r

Default Slow Pentax k-r

I've bought a Pentax K-r at the beginning of this year. But I realised that after I take a picture, it takes some time for the captured image to load. i.e, there's a huge lag time between the time i shot and the time the image captured is loaded. why is that so?

Default Re: Slow Pentax k-r

I have a pentax k-r. No such issue for me. Check yr settings. Read the manual and search the threads here for pentax k-x/k-r optimal settings

Quote Originally Posted by jeffzac View Post
    I've bought a Pentax K-r at the beginning of this year. But I realised that after I take a picture, it takes some time for the captured image to load. i.e, there's a huge lag time between the time i shot and the time the image captured is loaded. why is that so?
    I'm pretty sure you have a very very slow memory card. Get a faster card.
    Alpha

Are you saying that there is a 'huge lag time' (able to quantify? like... 5 sec? 10sec?) between the time you press the shutter release and the image being reviewed on the LCD?
    Are you able to take another shot during this 'lag time'?
    What image quality settings did you use? RAW? JPG (L/M/S) ?
    Exploring! :)

disable the lens correction filter.
    --

You have either or all of these stuff on

HDR Processing
    Lens Correction
    Art filters
    RAW

All of these will make the phototaking process to be a bit longer

No such issues. My guess is the lens correction filter. Another reason (if you are doing longer exposures) is that you have long exposure Noise Reduction set to on.

As mentioned earlier by edutilos, Fireemblem and machiavellian... these camera settings and hardware that may lengthen the time taken for you to preview the photo captured (having SD card light blinking red):
    - RAW + Jpeg file
    - Lens Correction set "ON"
    - Noise Reduction "ON"
    - Having digital Filters "ON"
    - Using HDR function
    - Slow SD card. Preferbably get a class 4 and above.

As mentioned earlier by edutilos, Fireemblem and machiavellian... these camera settings and hardware that may lengthen the time taken for you to preview the photo captured (having SD card light blinking red):
    - RAW + Jpeg file
    - Lens Correction set "ON"
    - Noise Reduction "ON"
    - Having digital Filters "ON"
    - Using HDR function
    - Slow SD card. Preferbably get a class 4 and above.

more of a user problem than a slow camera.