Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Holi festival 2011

Default Re: Holi festival 2011

If we're deciding to go for it, might as well meet up somewhere before heading out?

Btw 20th is a Sunday. Just a heads up, the forecast for this weekend isn't good.. rain with thundershowers for most parts of Singapore. Anybody interested in going better get a good umberella and some protection for your camera and lens.

So it's on Sunday right ?...will probably be there and let's arrange on how to meetup before the shooting

Quote Originally Posted by ClemC View Post
    hi kopilove ... I intent to attend one of the holi events!!!... have yet to decide on which one

Hi sleeksports , thanks for the info.. thanks for highlighting one of the possibilities..

Thanks to all for the info & updates
    Since you know of other possibilities, do you mind sharing where it is then?

Quote Originally Posted by telefax View Post
    Since you know of other possibilities, do you mind sharing where it is then?
    ?? The thread itself mentioned two.. so you can choose which one or both.. there are also others mentioned in Google results but I have not got time to check the details. For me, likely to be Teban Gardens (as it is nearer to my place).. At the moment, still weighting the risks (to camera).. against the possible output (of photographs)..

?? The thread itself mentioned two.. so you can choose which one or both.. there are also others mentioned in Google results but I have not got time to check the details. For me, likely to be Teban Gardens (as it is nearer to my place).. At the moment, still weighting the risks (to camera).. against the possible output (of photographs)..
    Indeed, that is one my major concerns with this shoot. Color + water don't go well with expensive equipment.

Hello Kahlou... u can witness one but not sure if u wanna go with a camera as there will color being applied amongst each other and at the same time is thrown all over the place.

haha yeah...

very tempted to bring my underwater camera instead. haha! I guess as long as you come prepared and don't shoot to close you can minimize risks? Bring out your super lens!

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by kopilove View Post
    haha yeah...

very tempted to bring my underwater camera instead. haha! I guess as long as you come prepared and don't shoot to close you can minimize risks? Bring out your super lens!
    Lol.. good luck trying to keep it covert. I'm pretty sure if they spot you
    they will chase after you. Super lens = Super Risk as well in terms of $$ .

I'm still undecided as Jurong east is a helluva distance for me. Where are you located?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromaniac View Post
    I'm still undecided as Jurong east is a helluva distance for me. Where are you located?
    Far from Jurong as well and along the purple line... but then again India is much further!

*crossing fingers*

hi kopilove ... I intent to attend one of the holi events!!!... have yet to decide on which one
    me too, deciding between Teban gardens or the one in Woodlands. Both far!!

Indeed, that is one my major concerns with this shoot. Color + water don't go well with expensive equipment.
    haha yeah...

In a way, if you want the shots, you got to get into the thick of action.

I used a ziploc + 40D + lens hood during Holi Festival in India and the camera survived the occassion; and trust me, things get much wilder over there....

Plus, consider wearing old clothing where you intend to throw away...
    Last edited by ahbian; 15th March 2011 at 07:04 PM.

If you find out where it is being celebrated I might be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by madhvee View Post
    If you find out where it is being celebrated I might be interested.
    You can refer to the posts above, 2 locations mentioned Woodlands & Jurong east. I'm gonna keep a lookout to see if there is some place more central.

Far from Jurong as well and along the purple line... but then again India is much further!

*crossing fingers*
    Hahah.. True. Well if its not gonna rain the day, i guess going to Jurong East will be the obvious choice.

Quote Originally Posted by ahbian View Post
    I used a ziploc + 40D + lens hood during Holi Festival in India and the camera survived the occassion; and trust me, things get much wilder over there....

Plus, consider wearing old clothing where you intend to throw away...
    wOw thanks for the advise

I think the East Coast one is yesterday. Just found this link:
    http://indiansinsingapore.net/events...-Dhuletti.html

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffed View Post
    I think the East Coast one is yesterday. Just found this link:
    http://indiansinsingapore.net/events...-Dhuletti.html
    Thanks for the update Stuffed.

Doesn't look like anybody attended though .

Anyways i saw some ad about a Holi event at Marine Parade CC. Might have something going on around Meyer road this weekend.. Fingers crossed then no need to go so far and besides, East coast generally has some other interesting things to shoot.

Anyways i saw some ad about a Holi event at Marine Parade CC. Might have something going on around Meyer road this weekend.. Fingers crossed then no need to go so far and besides, East coast generally has some other interesting things to shoot.
    hope you can you share more info on this!

for those staying in sembawang, we are organising a Holi event this sunday, 4-7pm. the coloured powder will start flying at about 5pm when our GOH arrives. its probably a smaller scale event as compared to the one in Woodlands, we are expecting about 150-200 pax. All photographers are welcomed. i was around last year, got coloured.. still have some residual colours on my camera strap.

Canberra Zone 4 Holi Festival Celebration

Last edited by khaiseng; 17th March 2011 at 01:51 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast