Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: close up filter + step up ring

  1. #1

    Default close up filter + step up ring

    i own kit lens 18-105 and i have afew type filters 67mm

    and i also own a 50mm 1.8.. which is 52mm for filter....

    is it possible if i use step up ring 52-67 on my 50mm for my hoya close up+4?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Diavonex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Admiralty
    Posts
    3,641

    Default Re: close up filter + step up ring

    You can use a 52mm to 67mm step up ring to share your filter and close-up lens.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Elite77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    3,211

    Default Re: close up filter + step up ring

    U mean u wanna try doing macro with ur 50mm? I suggest u get the raynox dcr250 macro filter conversion instead. Save u the hastle of buying the step up ring as it comes with a 52-67mm universal adapter.http://www.raynox.co.jp/english/dcr/...exdcr250eg.htm
    D800E|105mm F2.8D micro|16-35mm F4 VR|Raynox 250|R1C1

  4. #4

    Default Re: close up filter + step up ring

    Quote Originally Posted by Elite77 View Post
    U mean u wanna try doing macro with ur 50mm? I suggest u get the raynox dcr250 macro filter conversion instead. Save u the hastle of buying the step up ring as it comes with a 52-67mm universal adapter.http://www.raynox.co.jp/english/dcr/...exdcr250eg.htm
    i actaully have 67mm close up+4 now i just got my 50mm which is 52mm filter..

  5. #5

    Default Re: close up filter + step up ring

    Quote Originally Posted by Diavonex View Post
    You can use a 52mm to 67mm step up ring to share your filter and close-up lens.
    have u ever try it? coz i know other filter can do it... but just not sure about close up+4

  6. #6
    Senior Member Diavonex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Admiralty
    Posts
    3,641

    Default Re: close up filter + step up ring

    Quote Originally Posted by WatWatz View Post
    have u ever try it? coz i know other filter can do it... but just not sure about close up+4
    I share my +3, +4 and +10 close-up lens with my prime lens (49mm) and 18-55 (55mm).

    No problems at all.

  7. #7
    Member agws1970's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    North East Singapore
    Posts
    365

    Default Re: close up filter + step up ring

    Quote Originally Posted by WatWatz View Post
    i own kit lens 18-105 and i have afew type filters 67mm

    and i also own a 50mm 1.8.. which is 52mm for filter....

    is it possible if i use step up ring 52-67 on my 50mm for my hoya close up+4?
    Yes No problem at all.

  8. #8

    Default Re: close up filter + step up ring

    thx u all...

  9. #9
    Senior Member Diavonex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Admiralty
    Posts
    3,641

    Default Re: close up filter + step up ring

    Picture of 50mm prime lens+step-up ring (49mm-55mm)+diopter 10 close-up lens


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •