Thread: Female tourists throw things at sleeping swans, just to get better picture

Default Female tourists throw things at sleeping swans, just to get better picture

Source: http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/st...ing_swans.html

A group of young girls, apparently from China, threw brochures at a couple of resting swans at the Botanic Gardens to wake them up, so that they could get better photos.

A STOMPer who caught them in the act said:

"This group of inconsiderate youngsters from China wanted to take photos of the swans at the Botanic Gardens.

"I knew they were from China from of their accent.

"The swans were trying to catch their rest peacefully and were already going to take a nap.

"I understood what they said, and I heard them complaining that the sleeping swans would not make good pictures.

"The group then decided that one of them should provoke the swan by throwing their brochures at them, so that the birds would stick out their necks for them to take photos.

"This is really inconsiderate ! The photo shows the swan already woken up from its rest."
    Am rather dismayed by behaviour like this...
    My photo page: TDR Photography

Default Re: Female tourists throw things at sleeping swans, just to get better picture

I agree. If the tables were turned, I am sure that the people wouldn't like swans to throw things at them. Shame!

Default Re: Female tourists throw things at sleeping swans, just to get better picture

to get this effect mah:

i was laughing my a55 off when taking this photo, the aunty threw the whole damn cake into the pond.
    Last edited by ninelives; 9th March 2011 at 07:24 AM.
    Objection !!!

I find the point on where they are from irrelevant. You mean it makes a difference to the swans, or people?

Site like STOMP and other avenues that promote 'citizen journalism' are merely ways for cowards to express their disgust. If they had the courage, they could step up and address the situation. They dont, and the results are only electronics and typeface.
    The sooner you get it, the longer you enjoy it.
    I welcome you @ www.benaw.zenfolio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Benji77 View Post
    Site like STOMP and other avenues that promote 'citizen journalism' are merely ways for cowards to express their disgust. If they had the courage, they could step up and address the situation. They dont, and the results are only electronics and typeface.
    Stomp's just another avenue for Singaporeans to air their "grievances"... in other words, complain about everything.

if you think about it this way: in So V8 Singapore, when you scold people, people scold you back!

so much for National Service...

Singaporeans at that Hangzhou's Xi Hu were also throwing things at the mandarin ducks there what.... In front of the China, Taiwanese and Indonesian Chinese tourists. I told them kids not to throw but in a low voice (low profile mah)....no effect coz the parents beside them never teach. Really no face man.... coz in the end was stopped by the Chinese tour guide in a loud voice.
    Last edited by 2100; 9th March 2011 at 01:22 PM.

By the way, there have been instances where in Singapore, Singaporean photographers:

(i) Hold dragonfly by wings, this means dragonfly will never fly again, btw
    (ii) Organise huge group outings to out of bound places, in a highly publicly visible way, the end result is now that the locations have been cordoned off and frequent police patrols/CCTV have been put up
    (iii) Organise model shoots in these same places in (ii), and leave behind wonderful things like namecards, g-string, litter all over the place

I can go on - these are just limited to what I have seen in CS. Thing is, people can sometimes go too far to achieve their photography. The question is whether you're responsible while doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    By the way, there have been instances where in Singapore, Singaporean photographers:

(i) Hold dragonfly by wings, this means dragonfly will never fly again, btw
    (ii) Organise huge group outings to out of bound places, in a highly publicly visible way, the end result is now that the locations have been cordoned off and frequent police patrols/CCTV have been put up
    (iii) Organise model shoots in these same places in (ii), and leave behind wonderful things like namecards, g-string, litter all over the place

I can go on - these are just limited to what I have seen in CS. Thing is, people can sometimes go too far to achieve their photography. The question is whether you're responsible while doing so.
    Distinctively Singapore. And come back still can complaint on CS that certain places 'now cannot shoot liao'.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

Blog Entries

we're equally guilty of overfeeding the turtles, fish and swans in the Garden's ponds with bread and food crumbs
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast