Thread: regarding flash.

Default regarding flash.

Hi all, am new to this forums so would like to seek help but I have no idea where to start from.

Ok basically I own a yashica ME1 film compact, along with a National PE-205 flash unit. The camera takes photos fine but the flash does not seem to be working.

When I plug in the batteries (4AA) and turn it on, its possible to hear the "charging" sound but I didnt manage to get the flash working with the camera when attached via the hotshoe. there is this red button on the flash but when its pressed nth happens. anyone who have this flash or something similar could give me advice on how to get it working?

Thanks

Default Re: regarding flash.

If you press the red button (pilot button) and nothing happens then it looks like the flash is gone. Using fresh batteries?
    EOS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    If you press the red button (pilot button) and nothing happens then it looks like the flash is gone. Using fresh batteries?
    Yup... might be a blown flash tube.

thanks guys, if its a blown flash tube anywhere can service in SG? or must get a new flash?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gtsfrost View Post
    thanks guys, if its a blown flash tube anywhere can service in SG? or must get a new flash?
    You can try camera hospital, camera consultant, or you can try bro fatigue.

Guys am not sure but is it true by using a 3rd party flash will make your cam go out of sync ???

Quote Originally Posted by Ohitsujiz View Post
    Guys am not sure but is it true by using a 3rd party flash will make your cam go out of sync ???
    Where have you heard about this? In which context? Do note that there is normal flash synchronization (which should not be an issue, many cheap 3rd party [radio] triggers can do the job) and High Speed Sync. The latter one needs to be supported by the flash.
    EOS

thanks guys. went down to camera hospital, said that the circuit board might be corroded.