Thread: My 1st disastrous attempt...

Default My 1st disastrous attempt...

on shooting fireworks...

set to f8 and 8secs at first...and end up all super duper exposed...so switched to auto (P) mode and took the photos...

http://mengyeow.mediaobject.co.uk/c248160_1.html

Advices please...I am using a Panasonic FZ10...~~~

use M mode
    i use 2.5S and F8

http://www.fotop.net/latmo
    you can view my firework photo and setting

hey at least you've tried. keep shooting and you'll get it right. i have never shot fireworks b4 leh ... ain't that more disastrous?

Thanks renegade and latmo...I'll try to use the settings that you used...thnks~

I took the fireworks on that day too.....was using D70 with f10 and 8 secs at first....got results similar to your first pic...

than later tried f18 with 5 secs.....the exposure was ok from then onwards...

for your cam...think your max aperture is f8 rite....?

so maybe you should try f8 with about 3 secs.....and it should be just nice....

yes try and try and you will get it
    i have failed the first time also (ndp preview ...)
    we still have 3 more chance

Thing is that my duty schedule don't allow me to do so...(duty-off basis). So I'll be on duty in camp on National Day. Left with onli this coming (8th) which hopefully I won't be activated to do duty. And 15th...NS really restrains my time...

Yup my cam max is f8...ok I'll try when I have the chance. That day I was like the most relax person among everyone who were busy snapping. I was there trying to figure out the proper setting...den fedup set to auto... Thus wif the above results lah..

learn from mistake my fren.
    u now know that it was way overexposed, so bring along a black card.
    it can "pause" a long exposure shot.

anyway, not all shots that we (i believe all of us here does) took turn out good, maybe 50% off all shots.

so, for the actual day ndp, wanna shoot together?

I don't really understand the black card thingy though...someone enlighten me?

scud: I'm on duty on NDP...=(

black card is for multiple fireworks....its something we used on film last time....so we open at smallest aperature (f22) and juz lock the shutter....one firework come its recorded, when pause.....black card goes over the lens so tt there is no light entering...next burst come....we remove card and the scene is recorded again ....like tt lo....

or agar agar start the exposure/put card over the lens....firework start remove card...firework stop put back card to block out light...

there is no hard and fast rule to taking properly exposed pictures.....a currently setting tt is considered "ideal" may over/under expose for different bursts of fireworks...

wat i suggest is aperature priority...or P mode @ f16 or wateva.....try to keep the timing within 1-3 seconds....fireworks start juz let the shutter fly.....

should get properly exposed photos....