Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192427282930313439 ... LastLast

Thread: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part XIV)

Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part XIV)

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Today's catch:
    wah zhun bo?
    natural colours? You faithfully reproduced the actual colours?
    I actually find the colours too saturated liao.

When heading off from office, I saw (parts of) the sky like the famous sunrise at Lwr Sel Res. But sadly, only parts.... The rest was smothered by a dreary grey....
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by yilin View Post
    yah lo double post =(
    mostly it's ok, but occasionally it comes again.
    It was worse some weeks back. Hopefully there's a solution.

Refresh the TCSS list:

1) ZCA
    2) akerue
    3) DD
    4)
    5)

* Location is the place where PP lesson took place.
    Jeff, Yilin?
    Jacobs leh?

Refresh the TCSS list:

1) ZCA
    2) akerue
    3) DD
    4)
    5)

-------------------
    1) 10

Quote Originally Posted by yilin View Post
    Refresh the TCSS list:

1) ZCA
    2) akerue
    3) DD
    4)
    5)

-------------------
    1) 10
    wrong wrong

should be:

1) ZCA
    2) akerue
    3) DD
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    -------------------
    10) 10

How's this? This was an earlier shot, didn't quite like it so I tried to bring the later shot (which you saw earlier, wanted to get the blue up a little to match the first image, but everything got boosted).

As far as I'm concerned the above is straight from the camera (no PP except to bring shadows up a little). I was there - it was really that super!
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 23rd March 2011 at 11:40 PM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

wah.... crazy colours!

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    wah.... crazy colours!
    Thanks! I was about to pack up, it was dark and cloudy earlier. The big cruise ship just docked so I thought I oughta shoot it with the bamboo as I noticed the sky behind it began to start looking pinkie... Before you know it, the whole sky burst into what you see above... Breathless... Didn't even had time to set up tripod, as I only had time to switch the bamboo to the 10-24!
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 23rd March 2011 at 11:50 PM.

Thanks! I was about to pack up, it was dark and cloudy earlier. The big cruise ship just docked so I thought I oughta shoot it with the bamboo as I noticed the sky behind it began to start looking pinkie... Before you know it, the whole sky burst into what you see above... Breathless... Didn't even had time to set up tripod, as I only had time to switch the bamboo to the 10-24!
    yeah the clouds moving fast this afternoon. Worked out badly in the east though Clear skies turned to drizzle and grey-ness.

yeah the clouds moving fast this afternoon. Worked out badly in the east though Clear skies turned to drizzle and grey-ness.
    Did you try to find any good spots? Or was that foiled by the weather altogether?

I was actually rerouting to MBS earlier as I was too late for the post office at Harbour Front... Made it to Bras Basah's branch instead. Jio Akerue but he dun want to come, luckily he didn't. I realised it was stupid to go MBS today... as the Merlion is now a Hotel - it would have made a terrible composition... so I quickly head back to Vivocity...

Did you try to find any good spots? Or was that foiled by the weather altogether?

I was actually rerouting to MBS earlier as I was too late for the post office at Harbour Front... Made it to Bras Basah's branch instead. Jio Akerue but he dun want to come, luckily he didn't. I realised it was stupid to go MBS today... as the Merlion is now a Hotel - it would have made a terrible composition... so I quickly head back to Vivocity...
    I was driving to the spot when I saw a vehicular convoy headed the opposite direction
    Called the lead driver and was told to abandon photography for TCSS.... hehehehe
    Sky was pretty terrible at that location. It's promising though, if weather good

How's this? This was an earlier shot, didn't quite like it so I tried to bring the later shot (which you saw earlier, wanted to get the blue up a little to match the first image, but everything got boosted).

As far as I'm concerned the above is straight from the camera (no PP except to bring shadows up a little). I was there - it was really that super!
    nice !

been long to see such nice colour already..

actually, Merlion being covered up is not necessarily a bad thing, especially for sunrise shots. Water is nice and calm, even after 6:30am
    Was there a few weeks ago. Water was mirror-like, so long exposure only to introduce cloud movement.

Jio Akerue but he dun want to come, luckily he didn't. I realised it was stupid to go MBS today... as the Merlion is now a Hotel - it would have made a terrible composition... so I quickly head back to Vivocity...
    Kriegs - nice capture... I had planned (if the late afternoon meeting ends on time) to go MBS after my meeting at NLB.. BUT, by the time the event was over, I could only see very slight pink streaks in the sky and fast turning dark when I got out of the building.. didn't even get to photograph the NLB well ... agreed with Quiz, been a while since there is a nice sunset..

Sorry..ZCA.. will have to give tonight TCSS a miss.. been out for quite a bit this week.. From your earlier posting, I think you are still catching up on sleep.. Yishun walkabout shelved for the moment la..

Akerue... rock this weekend?... me maybe sand or muddy water this sat.. neither hight nor low tide
    Last edited by ClemC; 24th March 2011 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemC View Post
    Sorry..ZCA.. will have to give tonight TCSS a miss.. been out for quite a bit this week.. From your earlier posting, I think you are still catching up on sleep.. Yishun walkabout shelved for the moment la..
    yeah still a bit of a struggle to get up in the mornings
    Ok noted on the Yishun walkabout.
    My free time is a bit ad hoc for most of April. So unlikely I will be able to arrange outing beforehand. More like bring camera and if not too busy, just go shoot sunset on my way home kinda thing.

Blog Entries

BTW what are you guys doing this weekend? I am volunteering at the Clubsnap Ganbatte Japan donation drive. I signed up for 26th Mar 4pm-9pm and 27th Mar 2:30pm-6pm. Any bros wanna join me?

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    BTW what are you guys doing this weekend? I am volunteering at the Clubsnap Ganbatte Japan donation drive. I signed up for 26th Mar 4pm-9pm and 27th Mar 2:30pm-6pm. Any bros wanna join me?
    Alright, then I'll definitely go this weekend. Have contemplated about it the entire week and even asked my kid to come along too. I'll sign up later. You lead the way bro! Who else?
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 24th March 2011 at 09:57 AM.

Blog Entries

Alright, then I'll definitely go this weekend. Have contemplated about it the entire week and even asked my kid to come along too. I'll sign up later. You lead the way bro! Who else?
    I am asking around also... see who else wants to go.. the 2 time slots I signed up because very few people signed up. The rest are quite enough... so I though I help out those slots..

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I am asking around also... see who else wants to go.. the 2 time slots I signed up because very few people signed up. The rest are quite enough... so I though I help out those slots..
    First weekend is perfect for me, as following weekends my kid will have camps and Math Oly to attend to. Last week worse... test week for him. I can still turn up if they are still short handed.

actually, Merlion being covered up is not necessarily a bad thing, especially for sunrise shots. Water is nice and calm, even after 6:30am
    Was there a few weeks ago. Water was mirror-like, so long exposure only to introduce cloud movement.
    True true. But still depends on wind conditions for mirror effects. Yesterday was a bit windy... shook a few of my LE shots (wasted).