Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 300D or D70??

woah...

thanks guys for the extensive advice..

I'm more or less decided that i want take that forbidden step into photography. Now it just a question of when i take that step. and which path i take. (Canon or Nikon)

Really prefer the overall package offered by the nikon. I've had an offer by a close friend to purchase his 300D Body and canon system. He didn't have the kit lense. but he has 2 of his own lenses. the battery pack attachement, Speedlite, remote control, spare compatible batteries and memory cards. Was offered 2000 for it. Thinking of taking up this offer from a personal friend.

Any advice?

you are the one taking the picture, no the camera, so no diff between D70 or 300D.

cmos are known to have less noise than ccd, but with free software like neat image, theres no diff again.

cmos consume less power than ccd, but do u shoot over 24hr? no right, unless you are creazy like me (72hr). again no diff.

lens quality between both makers also no diff. equally good. 3rd party also no diff.

do u shoot products, buildings and structure often? canon has got 3 TSE lens, of which TSE 24L f3.5, only olympus (stop prod long ago) and canon makes this lens. but with ps, once again no diff.

but flash photography, nikon are known to have better results, but with ps, no diff.

but having a close friend (better still a group of close friends) using the same system as you, that hell lots of diff.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

i concur, and i like your style denniskee

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee

but having a close friend (better still a group of close friends) using the same
    system as you, that hell lots of diff.
    Good point,, can share or try out. Then can buy effectively,,

[QUOTE=elninowt]woah...

thanks guys for the extensive advice..

I'm more or less decided that i want take that forbidden step into photography. Now it just a question of when i take that step. and which path i take. (Canon or Nikon)

I was in that situation too but in the end chose the D70.If you want to know more feel free to drop by at Spin cafe at the peninsular hotel in the evenings
    quite a few d70 user usually hang out around there.Can't really miss us just remember is the "young" group of guys.

hmm.... perhaps u can consider a 10D....now having promos....

really? what promo?

10D had been around quite sometime, now that canon is having promo, it can only means replacement will be out soon. if you can wait, for the replacement to be launch, then 10D price will start to drop.

think they are giving away telezoom of around 80-200 or 300.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

current 10d promo. free 55-200 f/4.5-5.6 II USM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123