Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Legalities for photographers - any lawyers out there ?

Default Re: Legalities for photographers - any lawyers out there ?

why complain about no one in a forum can give you a straight answer?

If anyone want to know the law, just need to consult a lawyer, of course you need to pay a lawyer,

if you already paid a sum to attain such info, will you willing to share with anybody out of goodwill?

If yes, that's very good of you, please go and see a lawyer and find out, post your finding here and let everybody thank you.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    why complain about no one in a forum can give you a straight answer?
    I am curious (and not complaining) that a forum of photographers don't know their rights. Ignorance may be bliss but it remains ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    If anyone want to know the law, just need to consult a lawyer, of course you need to pay a lawyer,
    if you already paid a sum to attain such info, will you willing to share with anybody out of goodwill?
    If yes, that's very good of you, please go and see a lawyer and find out, post your finding here and let everybody thank you.
    Wow - that is not a very collaborative attitude and from a moderator too !!

Anyway - I will explore the answers and when I get them - yes I will be happy to share them because I believe the community deserves the right to know.
    Last edited by RichardF; 16th March 2011 at 08:38 PM.
    Life is not a spectator sport
    Singapore Headshot Photography | My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by RichardF View Post
    Wow - that is not a very collaborative attitude and from a moderator too !!
    He just dealt with a troll, so forgive him.. he's a very nice guy, indeed..

For me, i will just photograph as long as there is no "NO PHOTOGRAPHY" sign around.. for people, i will see if there are less than let's say 3 people, then i will ask them first (or in case of kids, their parents, clearly stating who i am and what is my intention).. If by any chance there is someone telling me not to photograph, i will ask him/her first on what basis i can't take photograph? is there any restriction signs? is there any written law? if not, i will politely defend myself.. if they still confront me, then there comes problem..
    - troubled undergrad -
    Olympus XA/Canon QL17 GIII flickr

Quote Originally Posted by bayusuputra View Post
    He just dealt with a troll, so forgive him.. he's a very nice guy, indeed..

For me, i will just photograph as long as there is no "NO PHOTOGRAPHY" sign around.. for people, i will see if there are less than let's say 3 people, then i will ask them first (or in case of kids, their parents, clearly stating who i am and what is my intention).. If by any chance there is someone telling me not to photograph, i will ask him/her first on what basis i can't take photograph? is there any restriction signs? is there any written law? if not, i will politely defend myself.. if they still confront me, then there comes problem..
    There are of course written laws on specific grounds. Just that you don't know about it. Invasion of privacy, Trespassing etc. It happened to me once when i went to my friend's condo, i went to the pool area and took some pictures (with no people in the pool). The guard came to me and said i need permission from the head of management, i just said afew more pictures would do and i just left peacefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgdevilzz View Post
    There are of course written laws on specific grounds. Just that you don't know about it. Invasion of privacy, Trespassing etc. It happened to me once when i went to my friend's condo, i went to the pool area and took some pictures (with no people in the pool). The guard came to me and said i need permission from the head of management, i just said afew more pictures would do and i just left peacefully.
    What i mean is that, if i take a photograph on a public street and there is someone telling me not to, i will ask them first, IF there is no law whatsoever prohibiting me, then i will defend myself..

but if there IS, then i will not defend but comply with the law..

I take pictures because i don't see any prohibiting signs.. if there is any (written or in the form of signs) that one can provide me with, i will gladly comply..
    - troubled undergrad -
    Olympus XA/Canon QL17 GIII flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Sgdevilzz View Post
    It happened to me once when i went to my friend's condo, i went to the pool area and took some pictures (with no people in the pool). The guard came to me and said i need permission from the head of management, i just said afew more pictures would do and i just left peacefully.
    I wonder whether all the residents have to do the same. Maybe they should apply for permission, simply. 20..30 requests every day, for every picture..
    EOS

TS may want to read about this, some professional advice, hope it helps

http://www.***********.com.sg/forums...s-in-Singapore

... and this on right of shooting food,

Quote Originally Posted by motionstills View Post
    TS may want to read about this, some professional advice, hope it helps

Spectacular summary - while not definitive it is very informative - I am going to try and dig a bit anyway as I am still interested in the backing legalities locally. Thanks a heap for the links
    Life is not a spectator sport
    Singapore Headshot Photography | My Blog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12