Thread: werid symptoms: eneloop and powerex

Default werid symptoms: eneloop and powerex

Anybody got the similar symptoms? I can power up my SB800 Flash with 4 eneloop batteries but not 4 powerex batteries. But the similar 4 powerex batteries combined with another 4 powerex batteries can power up my camera. Wonder why?

Blog Entries

Default Re: werid symptoms: eneloop and powerex

are the batteries fully charged?

Quote Originally Posted by Reno View Post
    Anybody got the similar symptoms? I can power up my SB800 Flash with 4 eneloop batteries but not 4 powerex batteries. But the similar 4 powerex batteries combined with another 4 powerex batteries can power up my camera. Wonder why?
    Check the voltage on each battery with a meter and you may get your answer.

Do note that after repeated usage, the condition of the battery may deteriorate. This is when you would want to condition them by a couple of cycles of charge and discharge. The higher end chargers do have this capabilty and this will keep the batteries in tip top condition and also prolong their lifespan
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

could be a weaker or bad battery or even worse like my set of 4 powerex were very slightly shorter than the eneloop ones, my SB800 refuses to power up with them.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    are the batteries fully charged?
    The battery is fully charged and brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Check the voltage on each battery with a meter and you may get your answer.

Do note that after repeated usage, the condition of the battery may deteriorate. This is when you would want to condition them by a couple of cycles of charge and discharge. The higher end chargers do have this capabilty and this will keep the batteries in tip top condition and also prolong their lifespan
    The powerex is brand new and fully charged.

Quote Originally Posted by ellery View Post
    could be a weaker or bad battery or even worse like my set of 4 powerex were very slightly shorter than the eneloop ones, my SB800 refuses to power up with them.
    Cannot be a set of bad batteries as they can powered up my camera together with another 4 powerex batteries. What i suspect is the same similar situation you facing, shorter length compared to eneloop.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reno
    Cannot be a set of bad batteries as they can powered up my camera together with another 4 powerex batteries. What i suspect is the same similar situation you facing, shorter length compared to eneloop.
    Can be, because some devices are more sensitive to lower voltage than others. Best is to use a volt meter to test each individual battery.