Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iPad 2

Default Re: iPad 2

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    AV Player HD is much better... Just don't try to whack in some 1.5 gig MKV. You don't really need such high res stuff to appreciate it on your ipad. But AV Player HD plays a number of video files I throw at it. The only problem with high file size video. The video and audio goes out of syn after a while. I play back on it a lot of avi or mpeg DVIX and it is snappy. I use to use Cineplayer and also still at times use YXPLAYER LITE which is not bad but restrictive. I go with AV PLAYER HD.
    Hi Sammy, thanks for the recommend.

For high file size video you can consider down rezzing it and converting to h.264. It gives smaller file size with no loss in quality. I use handbrake which is free and multithreaded. You can optimise the output size to the resolution of the ipad. Really no point to have output greater than 1024 in width.

Ipad2 has 0.7MP for camera with video conferencing cam in front. It depends on its various apps-related photography to be useful as a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by henry soh
    Ipad2 has 0.7MP for camera with video conferencing cam in front. It depends on its various apps-related photography to be useful as a tool.
    0.7mp can take very nice pics with good soft focus.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

iPAD 2 is expected here next month according to today's paper. It is better than
    ipad1 in performance such as faster processor, better graphics and smoother web browing

You can read on DPReview's take on iPad 2 here
    My **flickr Album

I'm queing up for it!!!! Might buy the smart cover as well but would like to try it out in the shop first before deciding.

I'm prob getting the iPad 2 wifi version.

Now with the new OS on my iPhone, I can create my own wifi hotspot, dont see the need for the 3G version of the iPad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12