Thread: Is this possible?

Default Is this possible?

I was wondering, after the anouncement of KM's A1/A2, that since they compenstate for movement on the CCD, why can't big names like Nikon and Canon come up with a "Teleconvertor" of sorts to include VR/IS/Mega OIS but without the magnification function instead if it's too complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    I was wondering, after the anouncement of KM's A1/A2, that since they compenstate for movement on the CCD, why can't big names like Nikon and Canon come up with a "Teleconvertor" of sorts to include VR/IS/Mega OIS but without the magnification function instead if it's too complicated.
    Which canon camera you're using ? IS is more usefull in telephoto lenses. Canon has included that in thier Pro90IS and S1 IS. You can add
    a T/C to a camera which already has IS not the other way. IS is a very
    complicated mechanisme and may not feasible to integrate it into
    a simple "screw-in" T/C lenses.

Hi Caussway,

No, I'm talking about a teleconvertor for SLR/DSLR type cameras. The type where the teleconvertor is attached to the rear of the lens, and then the lens with the teleconvertor is attached to the body.

Yeah, it's complicated.

I don't mind magnification, but they don't seem to make any that snaps on the camera like a teleconvertor.

Those gryroscopically stabalized units are pretty ex. But looks interesting.