Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: nikon lens recommendation

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    holland ave
    Posts
    309

    Default nikon lens recommendation

    now i using the kit lens for my F75.

    nikkor 28-80mm f3.3-5.6G

    any lens with around the same zoom range, maybe up to 100mm? f2.8 or lower?

    i dun mind 3rd party lens... but i hope the price not that ex...

    so, any recommendation? thks...

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Lost
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bsplenden
    now i using the kit lens for my F75.

    nikkor 28-80mm f3.3-5.6G

    any lens with around the same zoom range, maybe up to 100mm? f2.8 or lower?

    i dun mind 3rd party lens... but i hope the price not that ex...

    so, any recommendation? thks...
    Get a 50mm f1.8?

    I think there's a Tokina or Tamron lens that has f2.8, but not sure about the price though... hmmm..

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    holland ave
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by romeo
    Get a 50mm f1.8?

    I think there's a Tokina or Tamron lens that has f2.8, but not sure about the price though... hmmm..
    50mm/f1.8 will get soon... but that is a prime...

    i need another short zoom lens... thks anyway...

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore (SengKang)
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    How abt Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX HSM ?
    -Express yourself not in words-
    http://www.majere2sg.com

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    holland ave
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by majere2sg
    How abt Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX HSM ?
    now... this sounds tempting... but price? cos i am a student leh... hehe.. might sell my kit lens to get this...

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    holland ave
    Posts
    309

    Default

    might oso be interested in the sigma 28-70mm f2.8 EX Aspherical DF

    anyone knows roughly the price for the 2 lenses? new or 2nd hand....

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bsplenden
    now i using the kit lens for my F75.

    nikkor 28-80mm f3.3-5.6G

    any lens with around the same zoom range, maybe up to 100mm? f2.8 or lower?

    i dun mind 3rd party lens... but i hope the price not that ex...

    so, any recommendation? thks...
    I don't think there's a zoom lens with an aperture of f2.8 or lower....

    But anyway, I think you are headed in the right direction with the Sigma EX series as a budget option for good optics.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    holland ave
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justarius
    I don't think there's a zoom lens with an aperture of f2.8 or lower....

    But anyway, I think you are headed in the right direction with the Sigma EX series as a budget option for good optics.
    hehe... hope i dun go wrong... but i wonder if the price will be in the 200 or 300 region... might consider getting 2nd hand now...

  9. #9

    Default

    normally zoom min is 2.8 .... apart from the tokina ATX IIpro tt says 2.6-2.8......wierd....
    anyway i do have a sigma 2.8.....but its the ext focusing one....i.e non EX version...great results nonetheless.....tt set me back like $200++ .... anyway....the

    TO BUSINESS (this is wat i know)

    1)Tokina ATX II pro 28-80 f2.8 second hand probably is like $350 from wat i see....
    2)Sigma EX DG aspherical brand new is ard $600++ ... nikon mount hardly see ppl selling...
    3)Nikon 80-200 two touch IF-ED is ard $800 second hand...great results for a good price....the ext focusing one ard $700.....

    correct me if i'm wrong...

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    holland ave
    Posts
    309

    Default

    wah... all so ex... guess i am only left with the tokina now...

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Lost
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witness
    normally zoom min is 2.8 .... apart from the tokina ATX IIpro tt says 2.6-2.8......wierd....
    anyway i do have a sigma 2.8.....but its the ext focusing one....i.e non EX version...great results nonetheless.....tt set me back like $200++ .... anyway....the

    TO BUSINESS (this is wat i know)

    1)Tokina ATX II pro 28-80 f2.8 second hand probably is like $350 from wat i see....
    2)Sigma EX DG aspherical brand new is ard $600++ ... nikon mount hardly see ppl selling...
    3)Nikon 80-200 two touch IF-ED is ard $800 second hand...great results for a good price....the ext focusing one ard $700.....

    correct me if i'm wrong...
    which sigma do you have???

    Btw.. brand new 70-200 f/2.8 IF-ED around how much ah?

  12. #12

    Default

    me....sigma 28-80 f2.8....tt's about it la....haha...

    70-200 i tink its the AF-S one... tt's a very big hole in a pocket...
    personally i recommend the AF-D 80-200 F2.8 IF-ED two touch .....TCW got 3 second hand pieces....prices range from 800-900.....

  13. #13

    Default

    sigma 28mm-105mm f2.8-4
    new set about $300 plus can get.
    very good lens for travelling too.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Near Tampines MRT
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Or Nikkor 28-105 f/3.5-4.5D. Good range, sharp and 1:2 Macro.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carllim
    Or Nikkor 28-105 f/3.5-4.5D. Good range, sharp and 1:2 Macro.
    good lens and with macro function too. around 600 new

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    holland ave
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witness
    me....sigma 28-80 f2.8....tt's about it la....haha...

    70-200 i tink its the AF-S one... tt's a very big hole in a pocket...
    personally i recommend the AF-D 80-200 F2.8 IF-ED two touch .....TCW got 3 second hand pieces....prices range from 800-900.....
    how much is the sigma 28-80 f2.8? interested in this... thks...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •