Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 34567101530 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 833

Thread: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

  1. #81

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    can go visit him this evening.
    I'm planning to drop by after work.
    How? ai mai?
    visit him where?
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

  2. #82
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

    Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    visit him where?
    I can PM you the address...
    You know why he's busy right? So you can guess the reason I'll be going to visit.
    Exploring! :)

  3. #83

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    I can PM you the address...
    You know why he's busy right? So you can guess the reason I'll be going to visit.
    you PM me the address.. later after lunch i re-confirm with you if i can make it down. lolx.. today i at North side.. =(
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

  4. #84
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

    Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    DD where r u?!!
    I am here. What's up bro?

  5. #85

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I am here. What's up bro?
    is this the 1 u r referring to?
    http://www.mcgill.com.sg/shop/produc...7fa86a183eb8d3
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

  6. #86
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

    Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    That is the original one from demb.

  7. #87
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    That is the original one from demb.
    See here for china version. http://www.artworkfoto.com/flash_accessories.html

  8. #88
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

    more UWA poison for FF users

    16-35/4 for sale
    Exploring! :)

  9. #89
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    more UWA poison for FF users

    16-35/4 for sale
    and pair with FX body

    D700 for sale

    Exploring! :)

  10. #90
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

    Need a bit of IT advice if anyone can help:

    I have:
    1) a desktop PC running Windows XP, with a laser printer connected to it by USB
    2) a laptop running Windows 7

    Both are connected to the same router, and set to the same 'workgroup' under Network settings.


    Previously, item #2 was another laptop running Win Vista. I was able to configure them such that print jobs could be sent from the laptop to be printed out via the desktop's USB connection to the laser printer.
    The laptop has simply been replaced with a newer one, now running Win 7. But for some reason I cannot achieve the same 'connectivity' with this laptop.

    any advice?

  11. #91
    Member ClemC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Within myself
    Posts
    721

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

    Not sure if you have set your "desktop PC" to accept only certain machines to print.. (I have.. as I dont want tom.dick.harry to print on my printer...).. if have have set it such that only certain IP numbers are allowed to print.. then you will need to also include your "new" laptop into the list.. Not sure if that was your "problem"?

  12. #92
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

    Quote Originally Posted by ClemC View Post
    Not sure if you have set your "desktop PC" to accept only certain machines to print.. (I have.. as I dont want tom.dick.harry to print on my printer...).. if have have set it such that only certain IP numbers are allowed to print.. then you will need to also include your "new" laptop into the list.. Not sure if that was your "problem"?
    ok will have to check on that. Something new to look into I didn't have to do that previously, but perhaps could have just gotten lucky.
    I wouldn't really have to protect the printer, since my home network is pretty small, and I don't have 'unwanted guests' on it (or at least I don't know that any unwanted guests are on it!)
    Exploring! :)

  13. #93
    Member ClemC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Within myself
    Posts
    721

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    ok will have to check on that. Something new to look into I didn't have to do that previously, but perhaps could have just gotten lucky.
    I wouldn't really have to protect the printer, since my home network is pretty small, and I don't have 'unwanted guests' on it (or at least I don't know that any unwanted guests are on it!)
    Under Printer's Properties - Security is where I allow people (i know) to access the printer... since your is a home network.. may not want to bother with this... but whether Win7 required this to be activated, I'm not sure...

    Guess under Printer's Properties - Sharing .. you have shared out your printer.. Wonder if you new laptop is able to find the printer?...

    .. I'm no expert.. so only limited knowledge..

  14. #94

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Need a bit of IT advice if anyone can help:

    I have:
    1) a desktop PC running Windows XP, with a laser printer connected to it by USB
    2) a laptop running Windows 7

    Both are connected to the same router, and set to the same 'workgroup' under Network settings.


    Previously, item #2 was another laptop running Win Vista. I was able to configure them such that print jobs could be sent from the laptop to be printed out via the desktop's USB connection to the laser printer.
    The laptop has simply been replaced with a newer one, now running Win 7. But for some reason I cannot achieve the same 'connectivity' with this laptop.

    any advice?
    Bro, is your printer a network printer? If yes, just key in the IP address. If not, I'll PM you a way tt you can try.
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

  15. #95
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

    Nope not network printer.
    Network printer use USB connection meh?
    Exploring! :)

  16. #96
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

    anyone wants to play badminton @ Safra Mt Faber next saturday (12 Mar), 3-5pm?

    I booked it online but seems a lot of the kakis are unavailable at that timing.
    Don't wanna let the booking go to waste.
    Exploring! :)

  17. #97
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Need a bit of IT advice if anyone can help:

    I have:
    1) a desktop PC running Windows XP, with a laser printer connected to it by USB
    2) a laptop running Windows 7

    Both are connected to the same router, and set to the same 'workgroup' under Network settings.


    Previously, item #2 was another laptop running Win Vista. I was able to configure them such that print jobs could be sent from the laptop to be printed out via the desktop's USB connection to the laser printer.
    The laptop has simply been replaced with a newer one, now running Win 7. But for some reason I cannot achieve the same 'connectivity' with this laptop.

    any advice?
    this is the setup I have... just so that everything is clearer The pics I just pulled off the net. Brands/models are different.
    Exploring! :)

  18. #98
    Member pasay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

    No IT expert here, but seems like it’s either a communication problem between your laptop and PC, or printer settings on your laptop. You can try these troubleshooting steps first:

    1. make sure that your laptop can “see” your desktop by ping-ing it.
    2. on your laptop, check your list of printers. The printer name should be something like “xxx printer on xxx PC”.
    a Nikon body, some lenses, a flash, and a whole lot of dusty photos

  19. #99
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

    Quote Originally Posted by pasay View Post
    No IT expert here, but seems like it’s either a communication problem between your laptop and PC, or printer settings on your laptop. You can try these troubleshooting steps first:

    1. make sure that your laptop can “see” your desktop by ping-ing it.
    2. on your laptop, check your list of printers. The printer name should be something like “xxx printer on xxx PC”.
    Smiles suggested that it may be firewall settings on the laptop (win 7).
    Something for me to investigate further

    But yeah, the laptop cannot find the printer through the network.
    Exploring! :)

  20. #100
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Smiles suggested that it may be firewall settings on the laptop (win 7).
    Something for me to investigate further

    But yeah, the laptop cannot find the printer through the network.
    Win7 have to allow in 2 places before can see each other.

    One is the home network thingy - need to allow to share comp files and printers... the other is firewall settings.

Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 34567101530 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •