Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5202528293031323540 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 833

Thread: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

  1. #581
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten
    Nobody likes McDonald's flavour bursts cones? $1 oni ya know? I regular treat myself these... :P~~~
    Apparently in Australia, those aren't made of ice-cream, but rather some combination of pig fat and ____ (unknown).
    Hence not allowed to be labelled "ice-cream", so labelled "soft serve" instead.
    Exploring! :)

  2. #582
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra

    Apparently in Australia, those aren't made of ice-cream, but rather some combination of pig fat and ____ (unknown).
    Hence not allowed to be labelled "ice-cream", so labelled "soft serve" instead.
    I thought it is frozen yogurt? Pig fat is more expensive than yogurt u know...

  3. #583
    Member ClemC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Within myself
    Posts
    721

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

    I just learn that you can do bracketing mode for White Balance as well as Active-D Lighting... I have only used Exposure bracketing mode previously.. so ignorant of me.. LOL and Nikon is so advance ..

  4. #584

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

    Quote Originally Posted by ClemC View Post
    I just learn that you can do bracketing mode for White Balance as well as Active-D Lighting... I have only used Exposure bracketing mode previously.. so ignorant of me.. LOL and Nikon is so advance ..
    how does these 2 bracketing mode works?
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  5. #585
    Member ClemC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Within myself
    Posts
    721

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

    Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    how does these 2 bracketing mode works?
    Yo CT - as the mode name suggest: For one, you can set the different white balance (different K for the x number of shots you are bracketing).. [only effect the JPG images]
    the ADL is similar to the shadows/highlights option in PP.. this is Nikon on the camera version.. so ADL bracketing means you can capture x no of shots with different ADL settings.. [in the camera, i think it does a non-linear sampling at the Analogue-to-Digital conversion stage]
    Last edited by ClemC; 28th April 2011 at 09:13 AM.

  6. #586
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

    To get the poison thread jump started.... AF-S 50mm f/1.8 anyone?
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  7. #587

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

    But you can change those easily if you shoot raw. And you know for sure image is exactly the same. Unlike bracketing ...

    Quote Originally Posted by ClemC View Post
    Yo CT - as the mode name suggest: For one, you can set the different white balance (different K for the x number of shots you are bracketing).. [only effect the JPG images]
    the ADL is similar to the shadows/highlights option in PP.. this is Nikon on the camera version.. so ADL bracketing means you can capture x no of shots with different ADL settings.. [in the camera, i think it does a non-linear sampling at the Analogue-to-Digital conversion stage]
    7D . 10-22 . 17-55 . 50 1.8 . 18-200 . 70-200 2.8 II . EX580 II
    潜水高尔夫球手 Sunchaser

  8. #588
    Member ClemC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Within myself
    Posts
    721

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

    Quote Originally Posted by scubagolfer View Post
    But you can change those easily if you shoot raw. And you know for sure image is exactly the same. Unlike bracketing ...
    Hi Scubagolfer, for white balance bracketing.. you are right, no use. As it work only on JPEG image..

    For ADL bracketing - Not sure. I think people who has those cameras can experiment more.. if the change is done by tweaking the non-linear sampling at the Analogue-to-Digital conversion stage.. it will effect the raw files as well...

    At the end of the day.. A better-captured image will mean less work required at the "darkrooom stage" and that is my rule/style ( when possible )

  9. #589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten
    To get the poison thread jump started.... AF-S 50mm f/1.8 anyone?
    Same thing, just tt silent AF and faster? This lens has no G at the back. Does it mean tt the aperture ring is still there?
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

  10. #590
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I thought it is frozen yogurt? Pig fat is more expensive than yogurt u know...
    dunno leh... heard that it's made from pig fat... i cannot confirm nor refute this information
    Exploring! :)

  11. #591
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    To get the poison thread jump started.... AF-S 50mm f/1.8 anyone?
    haahahaha not for me.
    Unless:
    1) AF is faster (not that I really need more speed)
    2) bokeh is better (hmmm... perhaps perhaps)

    If they intend it for the entry cameras to use, then I'm not so certain. I mean... I'm sure it'll still sell, but as was the case with 50/1.8AFD and D80/90/300 pairing, DX users will likely find 50mm to be too narrow a FOV for most shots.
    Most people got 50/1.8D coz it IS the cheapest fast prime out there.
    But really, it's so much more useable with an FX cam as a general purpose lens...
    Last edited by ZerocoolAstra; 28th April 2011 at 12:57 PM. Reason: spelling
    Exploring! :)

  12. #592
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

    Quote Originally Posted by ClemC View Post
    Hi Scubagolfer, for white balance bracketing.. you are right, no use. As it work only on JPEG image..

    For ADL bracketing - Not sure. I think people who has those cameras can experiment more.. if the change is done by tweaking the non-linear sampling at the Analogue-to-Digital conversion stage.. it will effect the raw files as well...

    At the end of the day.. A better-captured image will mean less work required at the "darkrooom stage" and that is my rule/style ( when possible )
    I don't think so leh, bro.
    Active D-lighting, from the effect I've seen, seems to mimic the "Fill Light" option in Lightroom, or effectively pushing the shadows portion of the curve upwards.

    But there are a heck of a lot of JPG shooters out there, so these features will certainly come in handy.
    Exploring! :)

  13. #593
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

    Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    Same thing, just tt silent AF and faster? This lens has no G at the back. Does it mean tt the aperture ring is still there?
    bro, eyes put stamp har?
    http://www.nikon.com.sg/productitem....425-888e7f3a61


    http://www.nikon.com.sg/products/142..._50_1.8G_i.jpg
    Exploring! :)

  14. #594
    Member ClemC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Within myself
    Posts
    721

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    I don't think so leh, bro.
    Active D-lighting, from the effect I've seen, seems to mimic the "Fill Light" option in Lightroom, or effectively pushing the shadows portion of the curve upwards.

    But there are a heck of a lot of JPG shooters out there, so these features will certainly come in handy.
    The "Fill Light" option is the same as the "Shadows/Highlights" option in PS.. which is pushing shadows portion up/highlights portion down.. or is "Fill Light" only pushing shadows portion up?...

    As to my reply to Scubagolfer.. it is with regards to those shooting in RAW... if you shoot in RAW, the WB-bracketing can be done in PS.. but the ADL-bracketing if affect RAW files will not be something that can be replicated in PS.

    If you shoot in JPG... all the bracketing options will be useful

  15. #595
    Member ClemC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Within myself
    Posts
    721

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    I don't think so leh, bro.
    Active D-lighting, from the effect I've seen, seems to mimic the "Fill Light" option in Lightroom, or effectively pushing the shadows portion of the curve upwards.
    Oh ZCA.. FYI
    tweaking the non-linear sampling at the Analogue-to-Digital conversion stage.. (is the HARDWARE version) = ""Fill Light" option in Lightroom, or effectively pushing the shadows portion of the curve upwards" (is the SOFTWARE version)

    The hardware version can do more, since it is done at capture time.

  16. #596
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

    Quote Originally Posted by ClemC View Post
    The "Fill Light" option is the same as the "Shadows/Highlights" option in PS.. which is pushing shadows portion up/highlights portion down.. or is "Fill Light" only pushing shadows portion up?...

    As to my reply to Scubagolfer.. it is with regards to those shooting in RAW... if you shoot in RAW, the WB-bracketing can be done in PS.. but the ADL-bracketing if affect RAW files will not be something that can be replicated in PS.

    If you shoot in JPG... all the bracketing options will be useful
    I know... but I'm under the impression that Active D-lighting is a software processing step (like shadows/highlights and fill light), and not the hardware feature you're talking about. Hence I think it's not so applicable. I dunno, I could be wrong. Any literature about Active D Lighting to confirm/refute this?
    Exploring! :)

  17. #597
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra

    I know... but I'm under the impression that Active D-lighting is a software processing step (like shadows/highlights and fill light), and not the hardware feature you're talking about. Hence I think it's not so applicable. I dunno, I could be wrong. Any literature about Active D Lighting to confirm/refute this?
    IIRC active D lighting only affects jpeg.

  18. #598
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    IIRC active D lighting only affects jpeg.
    ya that's what i understand too...
    this 'Active D Lighting BRACKETING' sounds kinda unnecessary.
    Exploring! :)

  19. #599
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra

    ya that's what i understand too...
    this 'Active D Lighting BRACKETING' sounds kinda unnecessary.
    Ok la, many pros still shoot jpeg.

  20. #600
    Member ClemC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Within myself
    Posts
    721

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    I know... but I'm under the impression that Active D-lighting is a software processing step (like shadows/highlights and fill light), and not the hardware feature you're talking about. Hence I think it's not so applicable. I dunno, I could be wrong. Any literature about Active D Lighting to confirm/refute this?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •