Thread: Any wide angle lens to recommend other than Tokina 11-16mm F2.8?

Default Any wide angle lens to recommend other than Tokina 11-16mm F2.8?

Thinking of getting a wide angle lens as i will be going to oversea with my wife. But i still think whether to get the tokina 11-16mm f2.8 or any other good recommendation compare to this tokina ? My budget is around $800-$900.

The cheapest i saw was the artworkfoto which selling $890. Duno any other shop selling cheaper ? And talking about artworkfoto, they got the booth on the coming suntec IT show. Izzit a good buy from IT show?
    Canon 6D|EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM|Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM|YongNuo Speedlite YN560|Manfrotto 7302YB

Default Re: Any wide angle lens to recommend other than Tokina 11-16mm F2.8?

Quote Originally Posted by Kimutaku View Post
    Thinking of getting a wide angle lens as i will be going to oversea with my wife. But i still think whether to get the tokina 11-16mm f2.8 or any other good recommendation compare to this tokina ? My budget is around $800-$900.

The cheapest i saw was the artworkfoto which selling $890. Duno any other shop selling cheaper ? And talking about artworkfoto, they got the booth on the coming suntec IT show. Izzit a good buy from IT show?
    Are you aware that the lens Artworkfoto selling is a grey set? If you don't mind grey sets check out here, its $873 at this moment but price fluctuates according to exchange rates.

http://ddelectronics.com.sg/categories/Lenses/Tokina/

there's an additional 2% off if you pay cash.
    Last edited by spree86; 1st March 2011 at 09:46 PM.

Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6.

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Are you aware that the lens Artworkfoto selling is a grey set? If you don't mind grey sets check out here, its $873 at this moment but price fluctuates according to exchange rates.

http://ddelectronics.com.sg/categories/Lenses/Tokina/

there's an additional 2% off if you pay cash.
    Ya i know is grey set but i also think of getting from dd electronics but they don have available stock. But if u are me, will u get a grey set or a official set which the TK photo is selling $940.
    Last edited by Kimutaku; 2nd March 2011 at 12:09 PM.
    Canon 6D|EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM|Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM|YongNuo Speedlite YN560|Manfrotto 7302YB

Ya i know is grey set but i also think of getting from dd electronics but they don have available stock. But if u are me, will u get a grey set or a official set which the TK photo is selling $940.
    Just my view, with less than $100, I get a new local warranty set and with a piece of mind.

Its only $50 difference, so i would rather get a local set but what i would really do if i were to buy the lens is to get a 2nd hand which still have warranty left from the BnS.

Actually i also think of that. Now the cheapest i can find is tk photo and orient photo which selling at$ 940. Any of you still got any recommended shop which can be cheaper den 940? Thanks

if you're shooting lots of scenery and maybe have no need for the constant f/2.8, can consider the Canon 10-22 f/3.5-4.5. slightly wider, and very good reviews too. but will cost slightly over $1k.
    Canon 6D | 24-105L | 17-40L | 50 1.4