Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi Newbies! The Magic Setting for EVERY scenario!

Default Re: Hi Newbies! The Magic Setting for EVERY scenario!

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Why putting 'with thinking' into brackets? It's the main part... But not only there. Many other questions here reveal a shocking lack of ambition and efforts to explore things and solve questions without big spoon.
    yup. that's the culture these days.

in schools, "Creativity" is being taught as a subject..

i remember that back in NgeeAnn Poly where we had this "creativity and applied thinking" class. i walked up to the tutor and told him

"this class is crap. you can't teach people to be creative. it's not something you learn. it's something you have"

and to my surprise he agreed.

and my semester with him...was the last semester he was in singapore. i guess maybe that sentence to him woke him up... and he went back to his inventions

xD

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    Unfortunately, there is none.
    Aiyah .. i happily click this thread to eagerly see the ultimate setting ...

BTW. U watch too much HOUSE so u r beginning to sound like him huhur

Happy shooting folks

Ryan

in schools, "Creativity" is being taught as a subject..
    i remember that back in NgeeAnn Poly where we had this "creativity and applied thinking" class.
    Lessons for "Applied Thinking" ... it took a while to fully sink in and I can only shake my head. But it seems to be the logical result of class papers and exams only done as Multiple Choice Questionnaires.

"this class is crap. you can't teach people to be creative. it's not something you learn. it's something you have"
    At least it's nothing one can learn by teaching from front with a chalkboard or whiteboard behind. I had the pleasure to attend a workshop of a professional coach. He was able to disrupt all the standard thinking and push people out of their boxes. Suddenly we (re-)discovered our own creativity and we came to astonishing results. But ... dropping Standard Procedures in Singapore..?
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    BTW. U watch too much HOUSE so u r beginning to sound like him huhur
    Everybody lies xD

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Lessons for "Applied Thinking" ... it took a while to fully sink in and I can only shake my head. But it seems to be the logical result of class papers and exams only done as Multiple Choice Questionnaires.

At least it's nothing one can learn by teaching from front with a chalkboard or whiteboard behind. I had the pleasure to attend a workshop of a professional coach. He was able to disrupt all the standard thinking and push people out of their boxes. Suddenly we (re-)discovered our own creativity and we came to astonishing results. But ... dropping Standard Procedures in Singapore..?
    yup. you can teach someone to see things from a different angle, but can that person always do it without prompting? that's another thing hmmmm

If photography was not about experimenting and pushing the boundaries, we would be living in a rather sterile photographic world.

There are endless things to learn in photography, new techniques are coming up now and then thanks to the digital era.

I think you don't need really need a nice camera or magic setting to take breath taking picture, a powerful pp tool and knowledge is all a newbie need, it works wonders. xD

Also to add, the bokeh term is kind of over-rated in this forum. It seems like the more and creamier bokeh you have, the better your picture is.

Like what one of my favourite photographer Toshihiro Oshima says "Bokeh is not a magic wand to make the photography anything special by itself. Don't make "Bokeh" to be a purpose, it's always just a result in your own creative process."
    Last edited by wilb87; 4th March 2011 at 09:56 AM.
    Visit me on Flickr!

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Serious things aside, I thought the magic setting was to find a popular CS XMM, make sure her bikini isn't too conservative, get a sharp, beautiful-bokeh lens, and then shoot shots with the focus on the chest area. That's guaranteed to get you at least 2,000 views and 5 nosebleed comments. For sure. Guaranteed plus chop.
    ADDICTED

Magic Settings can only be found in Point and shoot cameras

some DSLRS don't have magic settings... FF does have magic settings???

anyway..

but there are rules.. and some suggestions like:

rule of thirds
    sunny 16

some people think its a spoon feed.. some people think its just being generous...

try uncle google and mr yahoo or dr. bing they can give you answers
    Last edited by somefriendyouare; 10th March 2011 at 10:18 PM.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/57458156@N00/

Quote Originally Posted by somefriendyouare View Post
    Magic Settings can only be found in Point and shoot cameras

some DSLRS don't have magic settings... FF does have magic settings???

anyway..

but there are rules.. and some suggestions like:

rule of thirds
    sunny 16

some people think its a spoon feed.. some people think its just being generous...

try uncle google and mr yahoo or dr. bing they can give you answers
    My cam has M mode (Magic mode)

Quote Originally Posted by SnagIt View Post
    My cam has M mode (Magic mode)
    in addition to the Magic Mode "M Mode"....

my cam also has Special Effects "S Mode", Anything Can Shoot "A Mode" and Professionally Done "P Mode"!

read up more on the photography tips posted by the seniors here, google your information...

learn your fundamentals of ISO, Shutter Speed and Aperture, experiment with them...

and GO OUT AND SHOOT MORE!

being a keyboard warrior won't help you shoot better.

so put on your shoes, grab your gear and head out the door
    haha, then what is the purpose of your thread title?? however i do agree with you, there is no better teacher than yourself... you have to make mistakes here and there to learn...

Quote Originally Posted by evilorgi View Post
    haha, then what is the purpose of your thread title??
    it's called baiting xD

haha, then what is the purpose of your thread title??
    it's called baiting xD

haha, then what is the purpose of your thread title?? however i do agree with you, there is no better teacher than yourself... you have to make mistakes here and there to learn...
    But we see a good deal of people only making the mistakes (not reading simple manuals, guides, existing threads, other websites; tinkering around with settings they don't understand), skip the thinking and come here asking for magic settings. That's the point of this bait
    EOS

when i saw the title i was like, "are you serious?" cuz from the little i know, i know for a fact that the perfect settings doesnt exist. Now i see.. haha. i think a lot of newbies don't know that there's a search function in the forum. I for one didnt know until i saw someone else mentioning it to a newbie TS.

erm.. my camera has the Automatically Perfect (Auto for short) function.. haha.

if you're looking for the perfect settings, can we try:
    Shutterspeed: 1/4000 - 30
    ISO: 100 - 12800
    Exposure: -2 - +2
    (something like that?) =)
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

If there ever is such a setting, then I guess there won't be this CS forum liao. Everyone uses this setting and shoot their best photos. What fun do we get then?
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

If there's ever such a setting, camera manufacturers will just need to produce cameras with this magical settings.. don't need so many functions liao..
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

read up more on the photography tips posted by the seniors here, google your information...

learn your fundamentals of ISO, Shutter Speed and Aperture, experiment with them...

and GO OUT AND SHOOT MORE!

being a keyboard warrior won't help you shoot better.

so put on your shoes, grab your gear and head out the door
    Quote Originally Posted by Seeto View Post
    I cannot agree more with kei1309. The best way to learn is to shoot more, explore different settings, different angles. No better teacher than experience! :PP
    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Hahaha I thought you reached nirvana then discover some universal truth, good post, shooting more is learning more
    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Haha yes, shooting more (with thinking) is learning more
    Quote Originally Posted by weird View Post
    nice thread!

yeah shoot more! and learn along the way

With so many 'shoot more' advices, the 'magic setting' or function is to get cameras with high fps. Confirm can shoot a lot more

Well photography is a journey and a path of self attainment. If you want an instant solution to taking great pictures, there is no such packages. Point and shoot are great for people to take pictures or capture scenes that cherish without the need to think so much on the technical aspects. But the machine becomes their
    limitation.

Photography is a hobby or me
    Alpha and Omega

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12