Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Butterfly's Brunch

Default Re: Butterfly's Brunch

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyjayy View Post
    i think it's quite a lovely picture. but i think the image will make a stronger impact if it is square-cropped isolating the main subject which is the butterfly and the flower it's on.

colors wise, i think bringing up the saturation a tad of the flowers would make it "pop" just a little bit more, but try not to get too heavy-handed with the sliders.

subtlety is key.

my humble 2 cents, cheers!
    thank you! and thank you for your suggestions and advice, especially "subtlety is key." i fully agree. :) cheers!

Hi Pyll,

Sorry, I dont think I would call it a beautiful piture. This is what I feel, I think you should cropped out all the distracting flower on the right and leave the butterfly and the flower. Then use a bigger amperature to futher blurr the background. Thirdly, well say easier then done, you notice the flower bud above the butterfly head? That actually destroy the picture as it had attract the viewer eye to it, instead of the butterfly eye which you would people to focus on. Next time watch out this situation.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by vincybaby View Post
    Hi Pyll,

Sorry, I dont think I would call it a beautiful piture. This is what I feel, I think you should cropped out all the distracting flower on the right and leave the butterfly and the flower. Then use a bigger amperature to futher blurr the background. Thirdly, well say easier then done, you notice the flower bud above the butterfly head? That actually destroy the picture as it had attract the viewer eye to it, instead of the butterfly eye which you would people to focus on. Next time watch out this situation.

Thank you.
    Hi vincybaby, thanks for your critiques, I appreciate the time and effort in writing them. By using a 'bigger amperature', I suppose you meant using a wider aperture in a new shot to be taken. And yes, I will watch out for similar situations.
    Last edited by phyll; 13th March 2011 at 02:21 AM.

Congrats. I love to see ppl using Kit lens to display beautiful photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Learnphotography View Post
    Congrats. I love to see ppl using Kit lens to display beautiful photos.
    Thank you! I feel the same when I visit Flickr groups of kit lenses. :)

Quote Originally Posted by iguanavon View Post
    Hi Phyll, I feel that the dried off flower directly behind the butterfly's eye is distracting viewers from what you wanted them to feel. (i.e. I want the eyes of the butterfly to show a certain kind of stern feeling while it's feasting on the flower, and for its mealtime to be portrayed strongly.)
    second that =)
    http://www.akkuaphotography.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12