Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All those who have changed entire system before.

Default Re: All those who have changed entire system before.

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    never read carefully before posting eh? LOL but i'm guilty of that too.

but take note. what do you mean by genre of photography? IMO no camera systems is only made for just one genre of photography. you must be kidding me.

if what you said made any sense, i would need a canon for portraits, nikon for landscapes and sony for macro. but that isn't the case. please do some research before making that comment.

the only valid point i would feel is whether the ergonomics and interface suit you...
    I am trying to say that different brands have different variety of lenses... for example, if i like to take photos of birds and i am insist only on using lens from camera brands (Nikon, Canon, Sony, Pentax... etc) it will be more logical for me to choose camera from Nikon or Canon as they offer a wider range of long tele zoom lens to select from as Pentax long zoom lens >300mm is quite limited. I am just trying to relate my thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by xtunbox View Post
    I am trying to say that different brands have different variety of lenses... for example, if i like to take photos of birds and i am insist only on using lens from camera brands (Nikon, Canon, Sony, Pentax... etc) it will be more logical for me to choose camera from Nikon or Canon as they offer a wider range of long tele zoom lens to select from as Pentax long zoom lens >300mm is quite limited. I am just trying to relate my thoughts...
    ok...so u are saying pentax do not have enough zoom lens?
    I need to shoot more!

all I gotta say is u gotta have to get use to the new system's interface, ergonomics and be ready to incur losses while selling off your old system...
    KANTAimages
    "through the lens where every memories is crafted"

Quote Originally Posted by titus1984 View Post
    ok...so u are saying pentax do not have enough zoom lens?
    I am saying Pentax do not have a wide range of zoom lens above >300mm to choose from. (read my post above... i did not say Pentax do not have enough zoom lens). BTW, i am a Pentax user.
    This will be my last post here. Sorry if I give wrong advises..

hahaa..take it easy bro...i was a pentax user...I agree with what u say..pentax range of tele above 300mm is not alot...but i would also point out that unless u r a pro who needs ALOT of lenses to choose from...all systems can fulfill most of your needs...cheers :>
    I need to shoot more!

oh come on guys...we all trying to help each other and the OP just wanted some opinions from you "old birds" for reference so lets just share our experiences.

In a nutshell:
    Changing systems will/might/better:
    1. Incur losses, either financial or learning curve, time
    2. A whole new interface, ergonomics to get used to. Eg. canon and nikon lens mounting to the camera direction is diff. I believe Sony is the same as Canon
    3. Suits your current shooting style, requirement. Eg. I've heard people switching to Nikon because of some of their bodies having lower light sensitivity or some switched to Canon because their super-tele lenses are cheaper etc.

but i would also point out that unless u r a pro who needs ALOT of lenses to choose from...all systems can fulfill most of your needs...cheers :>
    ahh.

changed from Nikon to Canon.

don't recommend you to think about changing system. you'll have to go through quite a bit of hassle of selling your equipment. and make a loss in the transition. the larger your pool of equipment, the bigger the loss.
    Canon 6D | 24-105L | 17-40L | 50 1.4

hahaha, yeah. i just wanted some advice. but anyway since i'm new to dslr/dslt cameras, i guess i shouldn't really be concerned. just thinking ahead. cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonaid View Post
    hahaha, yeah. i just wanted some advice. but anyway since i'm new to dslr/dslt cameras, i guess i shouldn't really be concerned. just thinking ahead. cheers.
    LOL. it's always good to plan. but unless you have the budget, stick to one system.

I'm more towards canon and I dont think I wanna change cos
    1. very ex to change everything
    2. alot of my frenz r using the same brands den we can exchange lens

on the other hand, some of my frenz are from other systems too. They have the same thought as me.

I think you should spend 10% of your total time deciding the gears and rest of the 90% of the time shooting and improving your skills. I believe everyone agrees that all systems can fulfill most of your needs.

Ultimately it is the skill the affect the photos more than the gears.

I think it is a good idea to go for the system most of your friends are using to share lens.
    I need to shoot more!

I think you should spend 10% of your total time deciding the gears and rest of the 90% of the time shooting and improving your skills. I believe everyone agrees that all systems can fulfill most of your needs.

Ultimately it is the skill the affect the photos more than the gears.

I think it is a good idea to go for the system most of your friends are using to share lens.
    last point doesn't make sense. i just tried to loan a lens from someone... and he said NO. NO NO NO.

talk is cheap LOL

haha...then the problem lies with...your friends..lol..

at least if u are eyeing a lens your friend have, you can ask him for comment and try rather than rent or head down to shops to try right?

:>
    I need to shoot more!

haha...then the problem lies with...your friends..lol..

at least if u are eyeing a lens your friend have, you can ask him for comment and try rather than rent or head down to shops to try right?

:>
    oh you'll be amazed. really, really amazed. at just how many people are willing to lend their stuff... even if it's just a cheap lens... i don't know about your friends, but i sure know it doesn't really happen

It's about having a reputation (however small that may be) of being a careful and responsible person. And also it helps if the transactions are not only one-way, ie you borrow, but you also lend.

But all it takes is one instance of damage to sour a relationship, so looking at the big picture, lending/borrowing may not be such a good idea.

But sharing of user experience is a plus point
    Exploring! :)

I guess end of the day the level of friendship and trust plays an Impt part. The last time I borrowed a lens was before I got my 10-22mm. My friend graciously lent me for a week to bring for my overseas trip.

Of cos the risk of damaging it and spoiling the friendship is there.
    I need to shoot more!

I guess end of the day the level of friendship and trust plays an Impt part. The last time I borrowed a lens was before I got my 10-22mm. My friend graciously lent me for a week to bring for my overseas trip.

Of cos the risk of damaging it and spoiling the friendship is there.
    anyways that's pretty true. if you can guess what lens i tried to borrow LOL and why he said NO. well.. it's an expensive and legacy lens.

but there were times i wanted to borrow just.... a...cheap lens. well i guess price pays a part. cheap to someone is expensive to another.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12