28th February 2011, 05:08 PM
Studio Lighting for Portraiture Master Class by Jasmine Vincent (Mar 12-13, 2011)
In just one-weekend, this 12-hour workshop will equip students with confidence in creating professional looking portraitures in a studio environment.
Taught by New York-trained and based photographer Jasmine Vincent, students will:
Out of 12 hours, only 3 hours will be spent on theory and the remaining 9 hours on hands-on demonstrations and practice.
- Learn to apply critical thinking and "see the light", so that lighting patterns become part of their visions rather than technical understanding. This will be accomplished by analyzing the work of master photographers who shoot for international fashion magazines, as well as hands-on demonstrations.
- Acquire a repertoire of lighting techniques that are perfect for portraitures. Through hands-on practice, students will be taught how to plan their shots, build lighting setups, collaborate with two professional models, and deliver images to their desired effects.
Students will learn to assemble and disassemble lighting equipment, manipulate controls, as well as make use of modifiers, additive, subtractive and reflective tools to create professional, stunning portraitures.
This workshop is unique because:
- Students will get to learn critical thinking and techniques on studio lighting for portraiture from a New York-trained and based photographer. To learn that in New York, one would have to spend minimum of S$3,000-S$4,000 to attend the same (inclusive of airfare, accommodation and workshop fees).
- Students will learn to use Profoto lighting equipment, the choice brand used by major professional commercial photographers throughout the world.
Price: The workshop is priced at S$500 per person, and comes with the opportunity to photograph 2 professional models.
Schedule: Mar 12-13, 2011. 10am-5pm on both days.
Location: 68A Pagoda Street, Level 2, Singapore 059227.
Portfolio review: Acceptance to the workshop is based on successful portfolio review. Students will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org their portfolio of 5 relevant pictures of no more than 1MB each in size. These pictures do not need to be taken in a studio environment.
Class size is limited and availability is on a first come first serve basis.
Upon successful enrolment, students can make their cheque payable to "Jasmine Vincent" and mail to our office at "155 Neil Road Level 1, Singapore 088882".
Contact: +65 9222-8838
About Jasmine Vincent
Jasmine received her formal training at the prestigious International Center of Photography in New York, and has been mentored by renowned photographers who have shot for major fashion magazines. She specializes in fashion, beauty and portraiture photography, is based in New York but also spends her time in Singapore. This time, she will be in Singapore till end Jun 2011, after which she will head to Barcelona for a fashion shoot, and back to New York thereafter.
1st March 2011, 01:02 PM
Re: Studio Lighting for Portraiture Master Class by Jasmine Vincent (Mar 12-13, 2011)
1. Haikhal (reserved via email)
2. Raymond (reserved via email)
1. Email "email@example.com" for portfolio review - 5 pics of under 1 MB each
2. Upon successful enrolment, email cheque payable to "Jasmine Vincent" and mail to "155 Neil Road Level 1 Singapore 088882". Please indicate your workshop registration name and mobile number behind your cheque
3. Feel free to email Jasmine or contact +65 9222-8838 for workshop enquiry
Tags for this Thread