Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5D Mark ii autofocus fails - why doesn't full time manual focus let me take the photo

Default Re: 5D Mark ii autofocus fails - why doesn't full time manual focus let me take the p

another case of "i don't know how to use, i've got too much money, so i'll buy the best and it better take good shots or i'm trashing it" camera user?

Default Re: 5D Mark ii autofocus fails - why doesn't full time manual focus let me take the p

wah that one cut 'deep-deep'

I do think that the sheer amount of customization of functions in the pro bodies can be bewildering at times. And at the initial stage it can be disappointing to find the quality of the images not improving as a result of the additional expenditure.
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    wah that one cut 'deep-deep'

I do think that the sheer amount of customization of functions in the pro bodies can be bewildering at times. And at the initial stage it can be disappointing to find the quality of the images not improving as a result of the additional expenditure.
    yup... i saw something funny the other day... some lady complaining that her expensive notebook computer wasn't working properly.. until someone told her off that she was trying to install everything at once, plus initializing every program at once... plus running diagnostic checks at the same time...noticed that some of her programs were trying to make changes, and her anti-virus software was asking for permission to allow these programs to do what was needed... she simply clicked "NO"

it's amazing the notebook didn't crash. she was shouting and ranting that her computer is lousy and can't be used and wanted a new one zzzzz..

it's also amazing that with all that cash, one can't just spend a few minutes on the net to read up on how to use what they've bought.

Quote Originally Posted by KarenChii View Post
    Unfortunately I don't have my camera with me at the moment but tonight I will give it a try.

Oh, also, I emailed the Canon customer service and they said that full time manual focus only works after the focus has been locked.

But I'm still looking for how to get the shutter to release more reliably in general (I was in a dimly lit room sort of, at nighttime, with the ceiling light on and I photographed an object shape - not like a wall - and it still took a few tries even though it seemed good enough in the viewfinder)
    You will need to learn the limitation of AF. All AF sensor requires "sufficent" light and contrast to be able to work. Low lighting and contrast does affect the AF speed and accuarcy of your camera. The max size of the aperture of the lens do also play a part on how fast the AF sensor is able to respond.
    Canon 40D: EF 24-105 L f/4 IS: Speedlite 580 EX II

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12