Thread: Camera in bag

Default Camera in bag

since i dun have dry box or dry cainet.. is it safe to leave camera in the bag with 4-5 small pack of silica gel? anyway.. ill leave my bag on a table in a normal room tempreture and im carrying my camera every where go..
    Last edited by WatWatz; 25th February 2011 at 08:24 AM.

Default Re: Camera in bag

Quote Originally Posted by WatWatz View Post
    since i dun have dry box or dry cainet.. is it safe to leave camera in the bag with 4-5 small pack of silica gel? anyway.. ill leave my bag on a table in a normal room tempreture and im carrying my camera every where go..
    if you use your camera a lot, and bring it everywhere, I suppose having a dry cabinet sitting (empty) at home is quite pointless

I don't even think the silica gel in the bag is necessary. Your camera bag is not air-tight, so humidity levels are unlikely to fall.
    Exploring! :)

so in my situation...wads is ur suggestion to keep my lens safe from fungus?

so in my situation...wads is ur suggestion to keep my lens safe from fungus?
    The bag is for transportation only. Take the camera out when at home. Open shelf with fresh air is a good place. Fungus needs time to develop, nothing that happens in a week.
    EOS

is it ok if the camera expose to air con?

Its ok, might just have a little condensation when you bring it to somewhere warmer, just wait for the condensation to dissipate and there will be no problem

I am sure that is alright.
    Canon 550D - EF-S 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS / EF 50mm f1.8 II
    Sigma 70-300mm F/4-5.6 APO DG Macro

Just make sure to bring it out at least twice a week and shoot good photos to share here.

i bring camera every where i go LOL... even work... u nvr know wads gonna happen ^^

but so far... i leave my camera in the bag all the time

in case you are not aware, all camera shops are in air conditional environment.

anyway, now you can say you will bring camera go out every two or three days, maybe everyday, will you do the same for another two to three months later? how about six months later?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post

anyway, now you can say you will bring camera go out every two or three days, maybe everyday, will you do the same for another two to three months later? how about six months later?
    most likely yes for now.... but if i get more lens i might consider getting digi cabi... but for now i guest its will b in my bag for most of the times

whats ur gear? not heavy meh?

not really... im carry 5mdh with d90 kit.. + my phone, wallet, iphone, charger i think thats about all...

Wow... i used to carry my 50D + 35 f2 + wallet + keys + iphone + usb cable + water bottle everyday to work... cannot take it after 1-2weeks.... props to you.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post

Quote Originally Posted by virtualme78 View Post
    Wow... i used to carry my 50D + 35 f2 + wallet + keys + iphone + usb cable + water bottle everyday to work... cannot take it after 1-2weeks.... props to you.
    may b i used to carry this weight bag for few years... so should b ok for me... but will see how long i can last..lol